Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods

Old 12-27-2004, 08:05 PM   #341
Montreal
Minors (Double A)

Actually, it is the only way to go if you don't want to work for nothing at all. A *retired* fighter is automatically set to his prime ratings. If/when you change his career stage, you tell the program that you want to make the ratings going down or up (edit: see the note at the bottom); When you use an *Active* fighter, the program simply takes his ratings , no matter what they are, and use them as such for any career stage you choose. Wich actually makes no difference at all, really.

You can easily test that. Choose a *real* retired HW (say with an OR of 5). Then pick a fictional retired HW (2-3-4-rated, not important). Now, run a first fight and look where each fighters' rating bars are (on each side of the screen). Stop the bout immediately, then put your fictional retired HW at beginning and start the fight against the same exact opponent. Look the changes in the rating bars... Now, go for a third fight, with your fictional guy at pre-prime. And see the changes once again. Do that again with you fic as post-prime then end. You will see that the matchup is different each time. So is the level of performance, of course -- everything else being equal.

Now, do the same exact thing and simulate five other bouts, but always let your fictional as Active. No matter the career stage, you won't ever see any change in the rating bars. Always the same. Same exact level of performance...

In fact, the Active denomination is just misleading. People want *active* fighters because their universes are supposed to be *current* ones; But the game doesn't care at all - lol.

Pierre

Note: the ratings won't actally never go over the prime level. *Up* was meant in the sense that the ratings will go up from beginning to pre-prime, or from end to post-prime. But the max level is prime of course. As an example: if your guy has an OR of 5 (retired/prime), he will likely perform as (say) a 1 as a beginner, as a 3 in his pre-prime (as a 5 in his prime), as a 2 in his post-prime and... well almost as a tomato can in the last stage of his career. I don't mean that the ORs I give here are accurate, it's just to explain how this thing works. Now, if you take an Active fighter, his value will always be 5, no matter at what stage he's in.

Last edited by Montreal; 12-27-2004 at 08:26 PM.
Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 05:13 PM   #342
Dave1877
Major Leagues

Thanks for the help Pierre, that has helped me to understand it a lot more. And it will save me some work!
Dave1877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 05:37 PM   #343
Gunsmoke
All Star Starter

All the Fictional Fighter packs have now been posted to CornerWork and are available for download. Look for them in the Fictional Fighters section on the Downloads page.

Cheers,
Mark
Gunsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 08:12 PM   #344
JohnnyBench
Minors (Triple A)

Hey Guys,

I would love to see this thread take off again. I know that I am wierd but I really like the fictional guys. I believe that I have all of the files already downloaded. Anyone want to dive in and make more?

I believe over the next few days, I may give it a try myself!
JohnnyBench is offline   Reply With Quote