Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 04-06-2019, 03:25 PM   #101
BradG223
Minors (Double A)

Not sure if this is the place to post, or roster set issues as this is from a default MLB game, but Gavin Lavalley has some ludicrous stats for 2014 considering he's never seen the majors. I think these are his high school stats, but they are treated as if they were MLB when they are exported.
Attached Images
BradG223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 09:22 PM   #102
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

this a roster set issue please to post in that bug report forum.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:34 AM   #103
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Different players under these names erroneously share the same historical minors ID:

Sandy Alomar (Jr. and Sr.)
Chick Autry
Ed Sprague
Mel Stottlemyre
Frank Thomas
Bernie Williams

There is a very long list of these in the database, but I do not want to post a ton of these if I'm not doing it in a way that's useful for fixing.

I'm also working off of a limited database of only players we don't have facegens for, rather than the full list of all players. I should eventually get that full database, and when I do, I'll be able submit this as an excel file with player id numbers and everything to make things easier. Essentially that would mean all historical minors ID conflicts identified. This might also identify many of the same player issues in the database; however, I am at the moment only checking for duplicate historical minors IDs.

Last edited by FancySkunk; 04-09-2019 at 04:03 AM.
FancySkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 08:47 AM   #104
huddy83
Bat Boy

Fielding stats such as ZR and EFF data were all missing until 2018 for every player.
please update ASAP
huddy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 11:57 AM   #105
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancySkunk View Post
Different players under these names erroneously share the same historical minors ID:

Sandy Alomar (Jr. and Sr.)
Chick Autry
Ed Sprague
Mel Stottlemyre
Frank Thomas
Bernie Williams

There is a very long list of these in the database, but I do not want to post a ton of these if I'm not doing it in a way that's useful for fixing.

I'm also working off of a limited database of only players we don't have facegens for, rather than the full list of all players. I should eventually get that full database, and when I do, I'll be able submit this as an excel file with player id numbers and everything to make things easier. Essentially that would mean all historical minors ID conflicts identified. This might also identify many of the same player issues in the database; however, I am at the moment only checking for duplicate historical minors IDs.
In the database names are just labels and are essentially meaningless. Each individual player is assigned a unique id number and it is actually impossible for any player to share a unique id with any other player in the database. Error messages pop up if it is attempted. "Not allowed." "Danger Will Robinson" stuff like that.

I do not know where your data is coming from but at a guess I might think the roster team? They have way looser rules than the historical team does.
Old 04-09-2019, 12:01 PM   #106
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddy83 View Post
Fielding stats such as ZR and EFF data were all missing until 2018 for every player.
please update ASAP
These are not database items. They are controlled and cowculated in game.

You could post this request in the general bug forum?
Old 04-09-2019, 02:56 PM   #107
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
In the database names are just labels and are essentially meaningless. Each individual player is assigned a unique id number and it is actually impossible for any player to share a unique id with any other player in the database. Error messages pop up if it is attempted. "Not allowed." "Danger Will Robinson" stuff like that.

I do not know where your data is coming from but at a guess I might think the roster team? They have way looser rules than the historical team does.
I'll clarify with more information because I think some meaning got lost in my last message

Player ID: 15701 (Mel Stottlemyre) has the historical minors ID stottl001mel
Player ID: 15702 (Mel Stottlemyre) has the same historical minors ID stottl001mel, but should have the historical minors ID stottl002mel

The errors I'm finding are in this vein. Is this something worth fully reporting on? I believe I could pull a list of all such errors, and with some time provide the proper corrections.
Old 04-09-2019, 05:39 PM   #108
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
I'll clarify with more information because I think some meaning got lost in my last message

Player ID: 15701 (Mel Stottlemyre) has the historical minors ID stottl001mel
Player ID: 15702 (Mel Stottlemyre) has the same historical minors ID stottl001mel, but should have the historical minors ID stottl002mel

The errors I'm finding are in this vein. Is this something worth fully reporting on? I believe I could pull a list of all such errors, and with some time provide the proper corrections.
This is not from the historical data base.

The historical data base contains no player id field.

Mel Stottlemyre Sr is stottl001mel
Mel Stottlemyre Jr is stottl002mel

As posted above the historical databases do not allow any 2 players to share a historical minors id. Not possible.

Last edited by Spritze; 04-09-2019 at 05:41 PM.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 06:17 PM   #109
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
This is not from the historical data base.

The historical data base contains no player id field.

Mel Stottlemyre Sr is stottl001mel
Mel Stottlemyre Jr is stottl002mel

As posted above the historical databases do not allow any 2 players to share a historical minors id. Not possible.
Where exactly should I be reporting this then? I have *many* cases of this happening within the game, as illustrated with a few examples here. If the issue isn't with the database itself, where might it be stemming from? Clearly *something* went wrong *somewhere* if players in game are turning up with duplicate historical minors IDs.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:30 PM   #110
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Where did you find these players? Who assigned them their IDs?
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 06:34 PM   #111
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Where did you find these players? Who assigned them their IDs?
I'm finding them via a spreadsheet that was created and provided to me with the purpose of finding players without facegens for a mod I'm helping with. The ones I'm showing are just a few of the errors. Just from the list of players we don't have facegens for in the modpack, I have 477 total players who have a duplicate historical minors ID in the game.

As far as I can tell, the IDs are what ship with the game, as I haven't touched any of them myself (either in game or by editing any files) and this is a save file I personally started just for testing things.

Last edited by FancySkunk; 04-09-2019 at 06:39 PM.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:26 PM   #112
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

You may need to contact the person who created the spreadsheet. Hopefully, he can identify the source of the data.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:29 PM   #113
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
I'm finding them via a spreadsheet that was created and provided to me with the purpose of finding players without facegens for a mod I'm helping with. The ones I'm showing are just a few of the errors. Just from the list of players we don't have facegens for in the modpack, I have 477 total players who have a duplicate historical minors ID in the game.

As far as I can tell, the IDs are what ship with the game, as I haven't touched any of them myself (either in game or by editing any files) and this is a save file I personally started just for testing things.
without knowing the handle of the mysterious "who" I can't help you either. the only who's I know of live in Whosville and only Horton can hear them.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:42 PM   #114
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
without knowing the handle of the mysterious "who" I can't help you either. the only who's I know of live in Whosville and only Horton can hear them.
The spreadsheet was provided by Jwisenberg.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:09 PM   #115
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

FancySkunk, can you find out from Jwisenberg the source of his data? That might help.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:53 PM   #116
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
The spreadsheet was provided by Jwisenberg.
He is a roster team fella so more than likely this is a roster team database issue. Try posting in that bug report forum.
Old 04-10-2019, 01:45 AM   #117
aks62
Major Leagues

I was able to figure out that John Middleton (Phillies owner)'s DOB is 03/02/1955. I had been the one to update the owner from David Montgomery last year without an exact DOB (knew the year) but since came across his birthday.
aks62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 02:22 AM   #118
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks62 View Post
I was able to figure out that John Middleton (Phillies owner)'s DOB is 03/02/1955. I had been the one to update the owner from David Montgomery last year without an exact DOB (knew the year) but since came across his birthday.
Owners do not exist in the historical database. roster team maybe?
Old 04-10-2019, 06:18 PM   #119
aks62
Major Leagues

Quote:
Owners do not exist in the historical database. roster team maybe?
Thanks - wasn't sure where to post.
aks62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 11:24 PM   #120
dewelar
Minors (Triple A)

The birth date of Alberto Reyes (reyesal01) appears to be off by one year. Per Baseball Reference, he was born 1970-04-10, but when I import his 2005 season into my fictional league, his age is listed as 33 rather than 34.
dewelar is offline   Reply With Quote