Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 09-29-2015, 11:57 AM   #41
Deepak25
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The games great so far but what ive noticed is that on the second day of free agency teams are signing players and trading them right away
Deepak25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:12 PM   #42
MK1527
Bat Boy

Loving the game so far!! Need more time playing it to provide valuable feedback but right now im just super happy that hockey manager is back!! How it is a major success!!!
MK1527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 01:37 PM   #43
Johnny93g
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepak25 View Post
The games great so far but what ive noticed is that on the second day of free agency teams are signing players and trading them right away
has anyone else seen this
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 01:51 PM   #44
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g View Post
has anyone else seen this
If anyone else sees this it would be wise to post about it in the bug report thread so that the developers can have a look at it
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 02:40 PM   #45
EJ
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djskek View Post
I will not yet buy the game because I do not agree with the pricing policy. The normal price of $ 39.99 is totally exaggerated. And the one-week discount of 25% I find ridiculous. The FHM 14 was a disaster. It would have been much fairer if all buyers of fhm14 would get the game for 20 euros ($ 22,40)
Aren't most computer games around $40 US? I'm guessing -- and I emphasize: GUESSING -- that priced at $20, further development could not survive. I seriously doubt that they are out to gouge anyone with this price tag.
EJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 02:47 PM   #46
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ View Post
Aren't most computer games around $40 US? I'm guessing -- and I emphasize: GUESSING -- that priced at $20, further development could not survive. I seriously doubt that they are out to gouge anyone with this price tag.
Most games nowadays are $60...so even $40 is a still
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 03:17 PM   #47
glacius
Bat Boy

Toyed a bit with the game , all i have to say a big thank you for all the team that made this game and hopefully this game will become a success like OOTP
glacius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 04:26 PM   #48
Walsh06
All Star Reserve

Finally getting to dive into the game after being busy yesterday evening and working during the day. I love that in seconds I already have logos and jerseys set up. I really love this community. Now to win the Stanley Cup with the Rangers.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:26 PM   #49
NolaSola7
All Star Starter

No real impression as far as gameplay and game management goes..

As I am recreating a league from FHM14, but the player names seem real good as far as nationalities go ... good job
NolaSola7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:24 PM   #50
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

DId a very brief league last night and did one game. The UI is something that will take a while to get used too compared to OOTP, and IMO feels a bit clunky, but I'm probably the only one

PT22

canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 06:01 PM   #51
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

I'm liking the game over all but i think a couple things need to be added. A main page that shows all the trades that took place that year not just a small box on the side. Also a main page that shows every teams current cap situation. It takes too long to have to go through each team's page to see who has the most cap room and who is up against the cap. Some times you need this info to find out who a good trader partner would be and it's a hassle to go through 30 NHL teams

I'm loving the game engine.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 06:11 PM   #52
drewst18
Minors (Double A)

No Offense to Sebastien and co I was a bit skeptical that the coding skills weren't there to develop this type of game after FHM 1, but I must say I am glad to eat my words there.

Overall really impressed, wasn't sure I was going to purchase but glad I did. Already put in more hours than I did with EHM:EA. Still work to be done but once we get online AI issues won't matter and can finally say I am looking forward to the future of this franchise
drewst18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:06 PM   #53
Strakman
Bat Boy

News

Not getting replies to many of my trade proposals, and sometimes not getting development reports in the news.
Strakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:13 PM   #54
jonnycosmic
Minors (Single A)

I may be a little stupid, but when I am on the player stats section of the league, I can't seem to filter rookie skaters and rookie goalies to see how they are getting on. Is this an option? If yes, how?

With regards to the game engine, it is a massive improvement however I just don't see the appeal in it and this is totally me not getting it.

I know it is only the second version of the game, but I think watching the actual game ruins the overall fun of the game for me. The puck doesn't actually move in real time on the top down rink, which I would love #futureversion and the actual puck or graphical representation of where the puck is is massive. It makes me chuckle every time it comes on screen.

I want to be able to turn off the actual visual representation of the rink and just have the commentary along the bottom.

Overall, loving the game though. 9/10.
jonnycosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:19 PM   #55
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnycosmic View Post
I may be a little stupid, but when I am on the player stats section of the league, I can't seem to filter rookie skaters and rookie goalies to see how they are getting on. Is this an option? If yes, how?
Not in the game.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:23 PM   #56
Strakman
Bat Boy

Manager foible

When I took over a team as GM only, the game hired another GM from the available GM list and knocked out my salary. So I went to the available teams screen and rehired myself, and now my team has two GMs, and I could not get rid of the game GM. Also, the team coach had his salary eliminated but is still the coach. Kind of strange.

Last edited by Strakman; 09-29-2015 at 07:25 PM.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:52 PM   #57
Hoiles
All Star Reserve

After a couple of hours of gameplay, it's obvious this version is MUCH improved. The sim engine looks to have pretty realistic results, and the game view screen and options (action expanded, etc) actually make the games more interactive and worth watching. A lot of littler things, like the scouting system and player roles make it seem more like hockey and less than a bunch of numbers.The UI is much improved too and more closely resembles the OOTP one, though it still has a ways to go, it would be nice if pull-down menus can eventually make it in. It looks like I'll be spending a lot more time with this version than the last one.
Hoiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:00 PM   #58
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Sorry, wrong thread

Last edited by Bluenoser; 09-29-2015 at 09:03 PM.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:13 PM   #59
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer2434 View Post
Most games nowadays are $60...so even $40 is a still
AAA games are in the $70 range in Canada. This is not a AAA game but rather a niche game that's been in develop for close to 2 years. The games pricing is consistent with OOTP
Old 09-29-2015, 10:27 PM   #60
Strakman
Bat Boy

Some fairly serious issues

In FMH 14, players were trained, you got development reports, and scouts sent back scouting reports. So far none of that seems to be going on in FHM 2. Are the players being trained in FHM 2 and are the scouts just dilly-dallying along in sending back reports??? I'd really like to know. How about a email back to me on these questions/issues:
strakman@cox.net Okay, I found the training in the new interface menu. But I'd still like to know when I will get a training development report. In FHM 14, you got that report monthly.

Last edited by Strakman; 09-29-2015 at 10:32 PM.