Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 11-18-2015, 07:27 PM   #21
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackIce View Post
Totally agreeable. One factor you do need to consider is that he IS a phenomenal captain of the Pred's and will do anything for the team including sticking up for his teammates.

While he's good for two or three fights a year the rest of the team needs to help with this aspect as they are not the most physical so you should see more help from players such as Gaustad, Jackman, Nystrom, Fisher, Neal, (take your pick).

The Preds did muster up 17 fights total last season and 34 total in 2013-2014. Jeff is beginning to get a nice balance of other players contributing but not exceeding real life statistics by a huge margin. This is very noticeable currently as the game isn't just sorting a one - dimensional look with just "Enforcers" so to speak.

Again i do understand you don't want Weber fighting as he is too valuable for that role but the game is slowly transitioning to allowing a mixture of others such as aforementioned above.
Consider this Saturday's game against Winnipeg 10 players were sent of for unsportsmanlike conducts AT THE SAME TIME!!!! Last Night Fisher picked a fight with Bieska and Bieska lost a tooth!!!!!
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 09:03 PM   #22
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

With more than a few months of playing extensively and very much involved with one of the largest online FHM2 leagues going, I'd like to catch-up, as you will on what I've noticed or seen regularly in solo and especially the online genre.

The fighting is very randomized, so randomized that in the online environment when two players ice they're toughest players for that game, it's mostly always a regular occurrence that they're isn't a fight at all. I believe we need more fighting from the heavyweights or known fighters when they play each other.

I believe you have the right number of fighting that's taking place Jeff, but i believe its moreso the timing and adjusting the percentage to be higher when two known fighters are in the lineup.
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 09:36 PM   #23
diesel230
All Star Reserve

In my experience with the game, mostly historical late 80's early 90's, the amount of fights are way to high. The leaders are in the 60 fight range. The misconducts are very low. Seems the lack of misconducts lend to an increase of fighting majors to get the final PIM number on par for seasons end.

Also way to many non fighters are fighting heavyweights. Gary Galley, Kelly Kisio, Paul Cavallini's fighting Crowders, Kordics and Odjicks. The rare occurrence, which usually would be accompanied with a slew of other penalties but not as frequent as it currently stands or at the very least more of the Kisio vs Galley fights. I tried tinkering with the ratings to get the non fighters to not fight but it didn't seem to help.
diesel230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 04:51 AM   #24
pens66
Major Leagues

Not really the point of the thread, but the only place where fighting is discussed, so:

When will the rules for the European leagues concerning fighting finally be corrected?
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 02:42 PM   #25
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

I just want to touch up on the fighting... I believe if we could gain a bit of the current setting of what the AHL is accumulating in the game, we could potentially see a bit of an increase and more realistic encounters.

I'm somewhat satisfied with the NHL setting as Jeff has balanced it out quite nicely but, after playing in an online league for awhile now, this has thrown more "realism" our way and it's just frustrating to ice "tougher guys" and see a pretty predictable result every time.

These guys are in the lineup for a reason, the percentage MUST be adjusted for these players when teams dress them. I understand it may be a no dice situation at times, but having the same result over and over and the way it just seems so "randomized" is a pain in the rear.

Also, we need more quintessential roughing's, misconducts and possible suspensions must be looked at here, we need a better balance of more penalties coming our way for guys that are usually around the 200 mark by seasons end.

I have a "HITS" thread active as well, the current state of the physicality of FHM2 has been mentioned before and I'm confident the developers can get these issues solved for the longhaul.

Last edited by BlackIce; 12-12-2015 at 11:07 AM.
Old 12-21-2015, 09:52 AM   #26
diesel230
All Star Reserve

It would also be nice to have the fight outcomes at the bottom of the box score, win or tie. As of now, we only have fights and fights won. We can't tell who won the individual fights if you Sim a few games.
Old 01-10-2016, 10:44 AM   #27
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

Are we getting any closer to adding the games ability to handle brawls & suspensions ? Quintessential roughing's, Instigators and misconducts are lacking in a huge way as well.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:54 AM   #28
diesel230
All Star Reserve

I have edited attributes of players in the historical games to try and get a more realistic penalty minutes /fighting majors tally. I have played with the "Aggression", "Temperament", "sportsmanship", "strength" and "fighting" into all different combinations. Nothing works to slow down the amount of fights physical players like Pronger, Fleury, Foote, Kevin Hatcher from 40 fights in a season.

But my biggest gripe is still the mismatch of fighters. Doug Weight fighting Chris Simon, Benoit Houge vs Bob Probert, Lakovic vs Steve Konowalchuk. There has to be some weight class or use the rating system of the "Fighting" attribute to keep a 12 from fighting an 18.