Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2021, 04:43 PM   #1
kcstengelsr
Minors (Double A)

My 1943 AAGPBL

Inspired by asrivkin's three ballparks actually used by the 1943 ladies in the AAGPBL I created that entire season with the actual manually rated individual players and the league season's adjustments both based upon the real 1943 statistics along with color tinted actual player photos and custom sounds appropriate for 1943. Check out asrivkin's Jazz Age Ballparks in the later comments section for more details and YouTube examples of my project in my discussions there.

I know others have tried to create the 1943 AAGPBL and this is my stab at the season. I wish that the OOTP Development Team would make another data/text/english file perhaps named english_female so that the play-by-play would have female reference like she instead of he, but anyway....

Want to try my version of the 1943 AAGPBL by downloading some of my Mediafire files, unzipping them, and placing them into OOTP22?

First, you need the .lg file. This will have the league set up with the settings and ratings I use. It also should have the four AAGPBL 1943 teams in uniforms made by Txranger. After unzipping, copy the folder and place this (Windows users) in documents/out of the park developments/saved games. I think this should work for those wanting to play the 1943 AAGPBL season if you in game then search and load a saved game, but others might know more about that as I am kind of new to this.
The .lg file: https://www.mediafire.com/file/wl783..._43lg.zip/file

Second, how about hearing sounds appropriate for the 1943, so no jet airplanes and other stuff more likely heard in modern baseball? How about a complete sounds file to place in Beyer, Bendix, and Horlick? It has eight different piano stretches from the early 1940's which will play at random along with all other era sounds like proper rallies and ambients. You might for example hear some choo choo train or trolley car. It is the largest of the three Mediafire folders and to use it, open and copy/paste the contents to Beyer, Bendix, and Horlick. (You could if you wish also use these sounds at major league parks set in the early 1940s, imagining that they have yet to employ a stadium organist.)
The sounds: https://www.mediafire.com/file/smvlf...ounds.zip/file

Third, I made color tinted photos of the 1943 AAGPBL players. To use, open the folder and copy and paste the contents into the game's photos folder.
The photos: https://www.mediafire.com/file/foobk...hotos.zip/file

Be sure to download asrivkin's Beyer. Bendix, Horlick for best results. My .lg folder is set up with you unemployed, so become manager of one of the four teams, try your own strategy, and good luck. (Hint: for the most challenge, try being the manager of Rockford or Kenosha.)

If these links do not work for you, go the asrivkin's Mods/3dModels Jazz Age thread and go to page 6. I have these files posted there and they might work better from there.

Footnote: Since my 1943 AAGPBL sim season is based upon the actual 1943 statistics and since I do not know the proper 1943 park factors of Beyer, Bendix, and Horlick, I edit to set all of them at 1.000 values for all factors.

Last edited by kcstengelsr; 02-18-2022 at 07:21 AM.
kcstengelsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 10:45 PM   #2
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Amazing, I'll check this out. Thanks for making it! (Actually, I tried to download and the mediafire link is broken?)
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 06:24 PM   #3
kcstengelsr
Minors (Double A)

darkcloud,

go to mods/3dmodels and find asrivkin's Jazz Age page. go to page six and find a comment of mine near the bottom of the page. i have the files there and i think those links work.

Last edited by kcstengelsr; 02-18-2022 at 07:32 AM.
kcstengelsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 01:56 AM   #4
Ramzavail
All Star Reserve

we got Canadians...Irish ones and Swedes...we're one for all...for all for one...
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote