Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 06-09-2010, 10:57 PM   #21
mjj55409
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazbat View Post
Season is underway, and is nearly finished.

So when should I edit the league structure, so that I can make sure the new teams are fully staffed for the 1872 season? I'm not all that concerned about the right players being with the right teams as much as I am about making sure all of the rosters are full for the next season.

Players from 1871 that I like just because of their names: Davy Force and Joe Start
I've been making my structure changes in the beginning of the off-season. The only tricky years are the ones in which you are adding new sub-leagues.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:51 PM   #22
Shazbat
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjj55409 View Post
I've been making my structure changes in the beginning of the off-season. The only tricky years are the ones in which you are adding new sub-leagues.
OK, cool. So how do I make sure the new empty teams wind up with a full roster by the start of the new season?

New York Mutuals clinched on Sept. 27!

Last edited by Shazbat; 06-10-2010 at 10:20 PM.
Shazbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:12 PM   #23
mjj55409
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazbat View Post
OK, cool. So how do I make sure the new empty teams wind up with a full roster by the start of the new season?

New York Mutuals clinched on Sept. 27!
I haven't had any problems with the hands off approach. In those years where there are a lot of newly added teams (i.e., the Union Association is forming), then I will go through the existing teams reserve roster, releasing the players there. But by and large the teams are signing the players they need with no problems.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:22 PM   #24
scuba_steve
Bat Boy

I have been in the process of setting up my own historical baseball sim and for the most part have figured out all the pieces through trial-and-error or keeping tabs of others on here. The one thing I can't seem to figure out is how to import the correct ballparks. It's no doubt as simple as finding the correct path to the database or something else that will make me feel equally retarded but any help would be MUCH appreciated. It's the last roadblock before I feel comfortable kicking off the first season.
scuba_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 07:23 PM   #25
Shazbat
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjj55409 View Post
I haven't had any problems with the hands off approach. In those years where there are a lot of newly added teams (i.e., the Union Association is forming), then I will go through the existing teams reserve roster, releasing the players there. But by and large the teams are signing the players they need with no problems.
Union Association started in 1872? I have the 2001 edition of the Total Baseball encyclopedia, and they show the UA forming in 1884.

*shrug* Oh well, there are some teams added in 1872, and like you said there shouldn't be any problem with the teams making the appropriate drafting decisions.

Interface seems to be a little confused with the ad-hoc scheduling system that the National Association ran under; it had New York clinching early, but now at the end of 1871 it's the Washington Olympics by 1/2 over Boston. Washington barely squeaked by, although they signed something like 14 of what was left of the players on the inaugural draft, making for a pretty deep bench.

1871-1872 offseason starting, editing league structure...
Old 06-12-2010, 07:36 PM   #26
Shazbat
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Anybody point me to some really good 1872 team logos?
Old 06-12-2010, 10:17 PM   #27
Shazbat
Minors (Rookie Ball)

OK, I'm having the most rotten luck with trying to get new team logos to work; I have them named in the appropriate format: "Baltimore_Lord_Baltimores" for example, I have them located in the logos folder, and even in the photos folder, which I know is unnecessary, but I did it as part of this troubleshooting. I deleted the images subfolder in the html folder, restarted the interface, and still nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Also, this brings up one of my main gripes about this interface: Why do we have to close the game, delete the images folder in the html folder, then restart the game, and hope for the best? In every other rival interface that I've used, the changes in logos take effect immediately.

Anyway, HELP!

Well, how about that: it wouldn't do anything I told it to until I came here and complained. Nevermind. eh er :/ ;)

Last edited by Shazbat; 06-13-2010 at 01:54 AM.