Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2006, 12:37 AM   #1
JWay
Hall Of Famer

Same minor league issue...

So I continued with my league and maybe that is the problem, but in 3 years only a handful of teams ran out of players. Much better then before, but still an issue. I refilled the whole league and testing right now how far i get we'll see. Anyone else try yet?

yes i got the new patch
JWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:52 AM   #2
JWay
Hall Of Famer

2 more years and it happend again except only 4 teams needed players, had under 18 on their roster. I have the roster set to 25 though. =/ used to be that 10+ teams needed something every year
Old 06-08-2006, 03:13 AM   #3
rdklein
All Star Reserve

ya... for some reason my major league rosters are fine, but im having a heck of a time keeping my minor league rosters filled (I'm only running AAA).

A few other people had the same problem in the tech support forum. Hopefully they will fix this next time.
rdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:08 AM   #4
JWay
Hall Of Famer

i thought it was supposed to be fixed, bummer
Old 06-09-2006, 02:24 AM   #5
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWay
i thought it was supposed to be fixed, bummer
It MAY still be an issue with leagues started pre-patch. Someone would have to start a new league under the new patch and see if the problem still arises or not.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 11:51 AM   #6
JWay
Hall Of Famer

k, first test, i made a MLB, AAA, and A leagues, right off the bat the A league was drained, but i didn't change the MLEs or anything, so I'm sure thers a mixture of fictionals with my historicals now, but hopefully its just the first year type of deal since rosters were tight anyways. I filled each minor leagues rosters up again, we'll see what happens, if this don't work, i'll do it again with out the A league.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:54 PM   #7
JWay
Hall Of Famer

seemed like the errors happend to a lesser degree, but were still there, trying again, just MLB and AAA
Old 06-09-2006, 01:06 PM   #8
JWay
Hall Of Famer

i wonder if the starting year has to do with this, there just doesn't seem to be enough players. If I started with Ruth, would there be enough players?
Old 06-09-2006, 02:55 PM   #9
JWay
Hall Of Famer

started in 21 with 2 minor league leagues, currently in 25 with no issues. yay!
Old 06-09-2006, 03:34 PM   #10
JWay
Hall Of Famer

1929, one single A team had zero players... which was odd...
Old 06-09-2006, 05:12 PM   #11
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

What's happening is that the fictional players don't get replaced, and they get old and retire. There aren't enough real players to fill those leagues, You'll have more real plyers if you use Lahman rather than one of the alternatives, but you still need to fill minors occasionally.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 02:33 AM   #12
JWay
Hall Of Famer

yeah, but that really doesn't explain why 1 team is completely empty while the rest are full.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:24 PM   #13
turdfurgeson
Major Leagues

It seems to me that many of the fictional players created are pretty old, many times in thier mid 30's, so you may fill the league, and because of this you must do it again in a year or two. Also the players created are generally not pitchers, so even if you have enough players, you may still ave the dreaded "not enough pitchers" error. I have tried to work around this by editing the league structure to six man rotation, then filling the league, then editing the structure back to a shorter rotation. This seems to help a bit. My next attempt at working around this will be to allow the rosters to be as high as they can go, then filling the league then dropping the roster size back to the normal number, ( either 20 -25 players, depending on the reserve size of the major league rosters).
I have bagan a historical league beginning in 1901, with minors levels from AAA to rookie league. Each league has only two teams though, and are not yet affiliated with any major league team. They are basically a place holder for when I have simmed to a point where I will take over a team ( or to a point where the database is importing more players), then I will set up the minors, probably filling in a new level avery 2 to 3 years.
By the way, I began this league with the new patch installed and am using Arod/Garlon data base.

(after a long time spying on this site, it was time for post one)

Last edited by turdfurgeson; 06-10-2006 at 12:25 PM.
turdfurgeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 02:36 PM   #14
JWay
Hall Of Famer

awesome first post dude, but yeah hmmm, need to figure some things out here