Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2006, 08:41 PM   #1
TheBishop
Minors (Double A)

My feelings on minor leagues aside.....

The simming in this version kicks some serious @$$!!!

I know I've been a bit grumpy in some other posts, but I finally got this thing simming consistently and prospects coming into the league and, WOW. Just wow. Really. The simming is smooth once it gets going.

The players last too long, but the numbers are sweet. I even saw some relievers winning the Cy Young and rookie of the year Awards :O Sam Nahem won the Cy by going 22-6 with 37 saves in 85 appearances for the 1945 season with the Senators, talk about new additions.

Still doing some exploring, still trying to figure out a good way to take a team instead of being in commish mode, but I am impressed with the simming
TheBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:29 PM   #2
Kelric
Hall Of Famer

I'm just fooling around with the historical simming to figure out some settings. Just ran from 1977 through 2005 right now with Arod/Garlans DB. I agree guys do tend to stick around a little too long, but sometimes that's fun.

Tonight when I sleep I'm going to run a test sim from 1901 through as far as I can get it by the time I wake up.

The one thing I wish we could do is set the financial coefficient ahead of time for every season so we get real financial growth. Ah well.
Kelric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 04:13 PM   #3
TSmith1969
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelric
The one thing I wish we could do is set the financial coefficient ahead of time for every season so we get real financial growth. Ah well.
I'm not a programmer, but I would think that would be feasible given the option to adjust the sim stats to historical levels.

Of course, you would want the financial coeff. to affect only new contracts and extensions, not continuing contracts. Otherwise that $5 million/year contract would turn into $5.16M, then $5.29M, then $5.45M, would would be annoying and unrealistic.
TSmith1969 is offline   Reply With Quote