Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-30-2019, 09:35 AM   #1
kingne10
Minors (Single A)

Ratings in Profile & Scouting History Not Matching

The ratings on the player profile are not matching the ratings in scouting history. My game is up to date, The date showing for my scout's ratings in the scouting history is up to date. Am I missing something?
Attached Images
Image Image 
kingne10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 03:17 PM   #2
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Yep, they said this patch was going to address the mismatch but apparently not. For me, the "stuff" rating in the scouting report does not match the player card. Everything else is consistent for me. This has been an issue going back to OOTP 19. Wish they would fix it.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 01:01 PM   #3
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Bump...

Could the devs take another look at this one, please? This is a legacy issue and one of the things on the change log for the most recent patch, although it isn't actually fixed. My thinking is the stuff rating is being calculated in 2 different ways in the different displays (player dev report/scouting report vs player card). Never matches up.
Old 04-02-2019, 08:11 PM   #4
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

When can we expect this issue to be fixed? The previous patch that said it was fixed did not address it. The most recent patch v31 didn't fix it either (unless I have to start a new game ).

Would be nice to get some acknowledgement considering this issue was on the changelist of a previous patch, but it actually isn't fixed. I guess I can just keep bumping this until someone sees it and fixes the issue.
Old 04-03-2019, 03:49 AM   #5
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

The most recent patch addressed one issue with this which may help.

Otherwise, the problem comes as multiple forces collide. If you are using relative ratings and the league you are showing relative to changes, scouting reports get out of sync. If the league recalculates its internal ratings, then that can also impact the ratings shown, since the scouting reports need them in a different format.

Also, I see those last 2 reports are not auto-generated on the monthly updates. How did you trigger those reports?
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 06:13 PM   #6
kingne10
Minors (Single A)

Unfortunately, it still is showing different ratings between the two pages. This is after the latest update and hotfix.

I triggered the report by running a full re-scout in the game settings. I thought maybe it just needed to be reset or something. However, it did not fix it.
kingne10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 07:53 PM   #7
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
The most recent patch addressed one issue with this which may help.

Otherwise, the problem comes as multiple forces collide. If you are using relative ratings and the league you are showing relative to changes, scouting reports get out of sync. If the league recalculates its internal ratings, then that can also impact the ratings shown, since the scouting reports need them in a different format.

Also, I see those last 2 reports are not auto-generated on the monthly updates. How did you trigger those reports?
Would it help for one of us to submit a file for you guys to look at? I figured this was just a cosmetic type of bug that you could understand by just looking at the screenshots, but if you're considering something more complicated at play, it seems like looking at the settings could be useful?

I still feel it's strange that only the stuff rating is glitching out. If it were a more global settings issue, why not the control and movement ratings also? Why not the batting ratings? That it's specifically "stuff" would appear to rule out many of these broader explanations.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:15 PM   #8
Llamaboy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I have the same issue. I noticed today that the stuff rating in the development report is only accurate if the relative to setting is turned off, but if I do that, then some other ratings in the report will not match the profile. Again, this is with the hotfix, and checking the monthly report on the day it came out.
Llamaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:34 PM   #9
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Someone mentioned this issue in the General Discussions part of the forum again, so I thought we were due for another bump!
Old 04-11-2019, 06:57 AM   #10
Dave2554
Bat Boy

I was the one who mentioned I was having the same issue in the 'General Discussion' forum not realizing there was an active thread. You asked where the non-auto generated reports were triggered from. Speaking just for myself, the ratings in my scouting reports that are not auto-generated are a result of me requesting my Scout to provide a scouting report on the specific player.
Dave2554 is offline   Reply With Quote