Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 05-11-2010, 06:24 PM   #1
mikecos23
Minors (Single A)

"Fragile" injury history in historical leagues - rookies

OK, another thing I am noticing when setting up a historic league from the default (lahman) database, is almost all of the younger rookies, prospects, etc. are importing in as "fragile" injury history...I would think this is because alot of them do not have any prior year stats? If that's the case and these guys get a few years under their belt, will their injury ratings "improve" even if I am not using "recalc" and instead using the ootp dev. engine for ratings...
mikecos23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:11 PM   #2
SteveP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecos23 View Post
OK, another thing I am noticing when setting up a historic league from the default (lahman) database, is almost all of the younger rookies, prospects, etc. are importing in as "fragile" injury history...I would think this is because alot of them do not have any prior year stats? If that's the case and these guys get a few years under their belt, will their injury ratings "improve" even if I am not using "recalc" and instead using the ootp dev. engine for ratings...
This is new stuff, and I don't really know the answer to certain but I think your guess is a good one. Using or not using recalc would have no effect in that event.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:27 AM   #3
bosunmate
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecos23 View Post
I am playing a Historical league and also noticed that all the draftee's are fragile. But i noticed that they change once you start to play. Al Oliver was rated at fragile and now in his second year he's at normal injury rating.
bosunmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:36 PM   #4
Eckstein 4 Prez
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosunmate View Post
I am playing a Historical league and also noticed that all the draftee's are fragile. But i noticed that they change once you start to play. Al Oliver was rated at fragile and now in his second year he's at normal injury rating.
That's without recalc, right?
Old 05-12-2010, 08:10 PM   #5
bosunmate
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckstein 4 Prez View Post
That's without recalc, right?
I use recalc always, i believe 3 years...
bosunmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:54 PM   #6
Eckstein 4 Prez
Hall Of Famer

Oh. Thanks, but I doubt things that happen using recalc will apply to those of us who don't.

Does anyone know whether injury history will change over time if the player isn't actually injured? Otherwise it seems like I may need to go in and manually change everyone's injury history rating, which isn't going to make me super happy.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:15 PM   #7
hornbakr
Bat Boy

Injury Rating in Historical Leagues

I was also seeing an issue with injury ratings in historical leagues. My search of the boards and knowledge base didn't turn up a solution, so I tinkered with settings a bit and have seen evidence of the following:

- Imported rookies invariably have Back and Arm Injury Ratings of 160.

- If you do not recalc, they are stuck with these ratings (as would be expected)

- If you recalc based on Real Stats, these ratings will update, though if you use a 3-year recalc you'll have to wait until after the 2nd season to see a change (looks like the game needs 3 years of RL data before the recalc spits out a real injury value)

- If you recalc based on Neutralized Stats, the injury ratings for back and arm will be set to 160, even if you had previously edited them or used a Real Stats recalc to set them.
hornbakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:21 PM   #8
mikecos23
Minors (Single A)

Wondering if the developers have any input on this? Playing through 30+ years of a 60's-90's historical sim with real life players, the amount of players with a "FRAGILE" injury history is astounding. I lowered my injury frequency to "Low" ("Very Low" results in almost no injuries at all) and it somewhat combats the ratings, but way too many young prospects get crushed by injuries in the minors and never develop...
Old 10-18-2010, 06:06 AM   #9
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

For non recalc leagues this will be fixed in the upcoming patch.

Keep in mind though, in recalc leagues the injury ratings each year are based on playing time... and since rookies usually do not play much, they get high injury ratings in their rookie season...
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:47 AM   #10
mikecos23
Minors (Single A)

Cool thanks Markus!

It's great you guys continue to develop and patch your software months after release and listen to your customers. Trust me it goes a long way for customer loyalty, I continue to buy each version every year as the game has evolved...thanks again!