Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 02-15-2020, 06:03 PM   #1
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Right-click Waive & DFA not working

Just discovered that if you right click on a player in any roster, lineup or rotation screen and select to waive and DFA the player, he only gets DFA'd and not placed on waivers. This is new since the patch to fix OSA scouting a few weeks ago.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 06:37 PM   #2
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

He will get placed on waivers, unless if he has already recently cleared waivers (they only have to clear once a month I believe).
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 09:31 PM   #3
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
He will get placed on waivers, unless if he has already recently cleared waivers (they only have to clear once a month I believe).
That's not the case. I discovered this when trimming my roster at the end of spring training. Both players appeared on the DFA lost but when I tried to remote them from that screen, I got an error that they needed to clear waivers and I had to drag them to the waivers list to get them on waivers.
Old 02-16-2020, 12:25 PM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

What I stated is what should happen, and what has happened in the test cases I have seen. But there may be a case depending specifically on the players' history that might screw the logic. If you have the league still, please feel free to upload it and let me know about the players in question, and we can investigate what might be the cause.
Old 02-16-2020, 03:50 PM   #5
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Thanks. I tried connecting to the FTP with the program I have on my Mac and it's telling me the server requires a username and password.

EDIT: Nevermind. I tried a different program and it connected. Zip file is uploading now and is named "BIG17EASY world". The two players this happened to are Renard Karpinski (Cleveland just claimed him off waivers) and Jim Graham (currently on Mets' DFA list and did clear waivers).

Last edited by BIG17EASY; 02-16-2020 at 03:57 PM.
Old 02-17-2020, 01:16 PM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Okay, in this case it seems like if a player has recently cleared waivers, but is not currently on waivers, then we don't put them back on waivers when you hit the waive+dfa button on them. However, when trying to demote them, looks like we only check the "has cleared waivers" flag if they're currently on waivers.

We can definitely clear this up a little for 21
Old 02-17-2020, 01:31 PM   #7
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Okay, in this case it seems like if a player has recently cleared waivers, but is not currently on waivers, then we don't put them back on waivers when you hit the waive+dfa button on them. However, when trying to demote them, looks like we only check the "has cleared waivers" flag if they're currently on waivers.

We can definitely clear this up a little for 21
I'm a little confused by that, but OK. Neither of the players in question had "recently cleared waivers" when I used waive & DFA. It's possible they had gone through waivers during the previous season, but certainly not between the end of the season and the end of spring training, when this happened.

In any case, thanks for checking into this. I will still try rolling back one version to see if it solves this.
Old 02-17-2020, 03:18 PM   #8
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
I'm a little confused by that, but OK. Neither of the players in question had "recently cleared waivers" when I used waive & DFA. It's possible they had gone through waivers during the previous season, but certainly not between the end of the season and the end of spring training, when this happened.

In any case, thanks for checking into this. I will still try rolling back one version to see if it solves this.
Yeah, it's highly possible that that flag on them never got reset properly, or got set in error somehow.
Old 02-17-2020, 05:36 PM   #9
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, it's highly possible that that flag on them never got reset properly, or got set in error somehow.
OK, thanks. I will keep an eye out for more instances of this.