Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 02-02-2020, 04:41 PM   #61
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Did not expect to be in the playoffs.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 04:44 PM   #62
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Your work productivity is getting in the way of your OOTP productivity! I demand to speak to the manager about this!

I would agree that I am an active manager, probably in the 95th percentile there. But, as for a "great" manager, I still get my butt kicked way too much in tournaments to suffer from that particular illusion. Thanks for the kinds words (on several occasions) all the same!

Looking forward to the next installment in the Red Raiders saga as time permits.

Am I Froggy? Just trying to clarify...

You're Broggy! Where's my umbrella. A Frog is a Frog, all I can say is it's not easy being green, but we salute you sir.

Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 04:45 PM   #63
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P437: Red Raiders vs Roadkill

Game 1: Huntley's Ed Walsh pitches 8.1 shutout innings; Huntley wins 6-0.

Game 2: Showcasing the best of Lefty Cheese, Wilderness's Kershaw (3.0 IP), Walsh (2.1 IP), Hoffman (1.2 IP), and Clemens (2.0 IP) return the favor, shutting out Huntley and Rube Waddell (6.0 IP, 2 ER), 3-0.

Hard-hitting, cutting-edge analysis: whoever scores...wins.

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 05:44 PM   #64
RunninYakAngler
Minors (Triple A)

The YakAnglers, who won 103 games will be facing the 114 wins LA Kings in the P411 Series. Both the YakAnglers and Kings swept their way into the finals. The winner of the series will earn their first PL title.

The Kings are heavy favorites as they fought off the 10 time PL Champions, the Winterfell Direwolves, to take their division. The Kings are LH hitting dominant, which is a major factor as the YakAnglers will have 3 righties in starting rotation.

RunninYakAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 05:44 PM   #65
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
Hard-hitting, cutting-edge analysis: whoever scores...wins.
I mean, I was kidding, but then in game 3, Lefty Cheese struck again and Wilderness won, 3-0, so my hard-hitting, cutting-edge analysis is completely on point.

I'm not doing anything specific to combat the Lefty Cheese because it didn't work on the Red Raiders in the regular season, when we took 5 of 6 from Roadkill. But now that it counts...

Old 02-02-2020, 06:18 PM   #66
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Yep, that's me. I am hoping to keep the Colonels' perfect playoff streak alive but it doesn't appear likely. Right now, I am riding a 5-game losing streak into last place. I have not kept up with the flood of new super-cards so the Colonels are going to slip into mediocrity over the next few months anyway. The Batbirds will just be happy to avoid relegation in this league.

I have some minor health issues to deal with right now so I am not posting much. I try to read the forum every day and I am working on learning the Tapatalk app in order to read it on my phone. I hope we finally get OOTP Go this year so I can play the game on the phone as well.

Good luck to all in the P443 meat grinder this week!
So what kind of team is Evansville? Are they near as good as Louisville or something unique? I see they are already in Perfect.

Hope you feel better!

Last edited by daves; 02-02-2020 at 06:23 PM.
daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 06:29 PM   #67
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
So what kind of team is Evansville? Are they near as good as Louisville or something unique? I see they are already in Perfect.

Hope you feel better!

Thanks, daves. Evansville is a FTP Cardinals theme team. They are not in Louisville’s class but still fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 06:40 PM   #68
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Huntley took game 4, 4-...1. So there went that fun pattern...

Then in game 5, the Wilderness Roadkill took a 1-0 lead into the 9th inning, where Smoky Joe Wood looked to nail down the victory and a 3-2 series lead. And when Ken Griffey Jr and George Brett each grounded out on the first pitch, it looked like an inevitability.

But then...

Mickey Mantle took ball one and then shot a single into the outfield, and the Red Raiders had a sliver of life. Hank Aaron strode the plate. He swung at the first pitch and fouled it off, then took ball one. And then, with a mighty swing, the Home Run King launched a majestic shot, and Huntley had the lead!

Seven pitches and 3 quick outs later, Mariano Rivera nailed it down and the Red Raiders were on their way back to Huntley with a 3-2 series lead!

Old 02-02-2020, 07:21 PM   #69
Magus978
All Star Starter

Steelport makes their third perfect WS appearance after knocking off top seed Virginia Beach Freaks 3-1 in the divisional round, then defeating the Frankfurt Hot Dogs 4-1 in the LCS. They await the winner of a hotly contested LCS on the other side of the bracket between the Southern California Storm & Altamonte Cubs.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 07:42 PM   #70
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P437: It's #1 vs #1!

With a 10-inning 2-1 win, Huntley defeats the Wilderness Roadkill 4 games to 2 (Columbus Clippers, you are avenged!) to reach the Perfect League Series! Waiting (for a while now!) are the 5-time Perfect League champion Berlin Crab Shuckers, who have lost a mere 1 game so far in these playoffs, and who also swept Huntley in Huntley by scores of 3-2, 5-1, and 4-1 during the regular season.

Oh, and they also are practitioners of Lefty Cheese...joy.

Old 02-02-2020, 08:05 PM   #71
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Going for Gold win #2

Old 02-02-2020, 08:07 PM   #72
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Series preview

Old 02-02-2020, 09:07 PM   #73
Warhawk
Major Leagues

So admittedly I haven't logged in in a while, but two of my 3 teams have made the playoffs a combined 32 times without a championship. Anyone else quite as bad as that?
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 11:32 PM   #74
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Finally got our first PL title!
Attached Images

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 12:15 AM   #75
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P437: It's an Honor Just to Be Nominated

The Huntley Red Raiders felt pretty good about themselves. They were leading the Perfect League Series over the Berlin Crab Shuckers, 2 games to 1, and entering the 7th inning of game 4, they had a comfortable 4-1 lead. Close it out, and Huntley could claim its 8th championship in front of its hometown fans in game 5. Everything seemed to be coming up Huntley.

Over the next 6 innings in the series, everything changed.

In the final 3 innings of game 4, the Crab Shuckers scored 1 in the 7th, 3 in the 8th, and 1 more in the 9th to steal the game out from under the Red Raiders, 6-4. Then, in the first 3 innings of game 5, Berlin plated 1 in the 1st, 2 in the 2nd, and 3 in the 3rd to jump out to a 6-0 lead, eventually withstanding a furious Red Raider rally to win the game 8-6 and seize a 3 games to 2 series advantage with the final 2 games in Berlin.

For those keeping score at home (me), that was 6 innings, 11 runs, and a massive, series-changing shift in momentum.

In the end, Berlin captured its 6th Perfect League championship with a 4 games to 2 series win over Huntley. Story of the series: in the first 3 games, Berlin scored 1, 3, and 2 runs. In the final 3 games, Berlin scored 6, 8, and 6 runs. Congrats to the Crab Shuckers on their victory!

In yet another bridesmaid season, Huntley did all right in the postseason awards, claiming one great glove (SS Ozzie Smith), the AC Reliever of the Year Award (Dennis Eckersley), and the AC Pitcher of the Year Award (Ed Walsh).

Congrats to all the winners (and runner-ups!) in 2063!

Old 02-03-2020, 12:35 AM   #76
Magus978
All Star Starter

Guess who rules P481?

That's right. Steelport does! The Saints grab their second PL title, defeating the Southern California Storm 4 games to 2, and denying them a chance to complete their set of titles. 100 Vladimir Guerrero Jr. is your series MVP, going 9 for 24 in the series with a HR and 6 RBI.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 01:42 AM   #77
yno88
Minors (Double A)

Total surprise as I logged in to the East Rutherford Swamp Dogs, they won their first PT title over Real Madrid El Blanco, a 10x PL team who went 140-22 in the regular season.

yno88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 06:01 AM   #78
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
So admittedly I haven't logged in in a while, but two of my 3 teams have made the playoffs a combined 32 times without a championship. Anyone else quite as bad as that?
While it's not bad, it's not good. My Coney Island team has played .599 ball, qualified for the playoffs 36 times in 45 seasons (five of the misses were in their first six years in Perfect starting in 2022) and have only made the World Series four times losing them all and blowing 3 game to 1 leads in 2 of them.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 09:03 AM   #79
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Picked up Gold Championship #2 That was after going to bed.

Old 02-03-2020, 12:13 PM   #80
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Playoffs

I inserted Mookie Wilson & Tony Gwynn into my starting lineup before the playoffs, defeated Chernobyl Meltdown 3-0, won 1 game against Confederate of Dunces and had to leave to check back later. Ended up winning the series against the Confederate of Dunces 4-0. I lost in the Perfects Series to the Syracuse Salt Lickers, 4-0. 3 quick series. 2 out of 3. Ain't bad.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote