Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 02-10-2020, 11:38 AM   #61
Thornbreaker
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerman View Post
The complete restriction on buying/selling cards between my own teams is driving me nuts! I keep pulling cards I want for collections - in the wrong teams. All I can do is sell them to someone else and go back to (endlessly) searching the AH... I think I've had enough of searching the AH for about the next 5 years (insane laughter)

Also, big +1 for hitting Enter to refresh/search the AH.

I wouldn't mind a limited transfer option, such as 1 card per month can be traded, including to one of your other teams (or only one of your other teams).

Thornbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 05:15 PM   #62
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornbreaker View Post
I wouldn't mind a limited transfer option, such as 1 card per month can be traded, including to one of your other teams (or only one of your other teams).
Effectively that would be like having a farm system of two teams, whose only purpose is to generate points to open packs and transfer anything good to the main team. That would be one case where I would buy packs with points.

bailey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 12:15 AM   #63
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Coming back to this game recently after a break ("We were on a break!") has reminded me just how much of a chore it is to do anything with your roster. A lot of people in this thread seem to be complaining about the Auction House, and while this should be improved (adding a way to filter out owned cards, for example), what is completely crushing my enthusiasm for the game is the Card Management UI.

I love building teams! I hate building teams in this game. The Card Management screen is incredibly unwieldy. While some of the filters do help, it is not nearly enough. Building a team is a chore, and the more cards you own, the worse it becomes. There is a clear incentive to NOT collect and to keep as few cards as possible. Add in the massive memory issues that quickly make a full computer restart a requirement after even a small amount of manipulation, and what's left is a desire to not ever build another team ever. Its so terrible, I have trouble bringing myself to simply sell off duplicate cards.

PT is amazing, but PT is built in such a way that it does not make me want to play more PT.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 10:05 AM   #64
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
Coming back to this game recently after a break ("We were on a break!") has reminded me just how much of a chore it is to do anything with your roster. A lot of people in this thread seem to be complaining about the Auction House, and while this should be improved (adding a way to filter out owned cards, for example), what is completely crushing my enthusiasm for the game is the Card Management UI.

I love building teams! I hate building teams in this game. The Card Management screen is incredibly unwieldy. While some of the filters do help, it is not nearly enough. Building a team is a chore, and the more cards you own, the worse it becomes. There is a clear incentive to NOT collect and to keep as few cards as possible. Add in the massive memory issues that quickly make a full computer restart a requirement after even a small amount of manipulation, and what's left is a desire to not ever build another team ever. Its so terrible, I have trouble bringing myself to simply sell off duplicate cards.

PT is amazing, but PT is built in such a way that it does not make me want to play more PT.
I agree with some of your points.

Building teams for tourneys is really bad. Not enough info on inactive cards and I do not memorize everything, I'm not quite that obsessed (although close!).

Is there a good spreadsheet floating around with all the cards and ratings?

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 01:03 PM   #65
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Is there a good spreadsheet floating around with all the cards and ratings?
Several. But you can homegrow your own pretty easily. When the ratings go "live" again at 21 open, it'll be an essential skill to have, as the Live ratings will be changng weekly.

Create a custom output format you like and save it. Player Search and Compare (List all of the players in your league) output to file or to browser. I like browser, copypastas into Excel easily).

The rest is just maintenance. Handling duplicates, additions and weekly updates.

Last edited by Lemandria; 02-14-2020 at 01:05 PM.
Lemandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 01:10 PM   #66
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemandria View Post
Several. But you can homegrow your own pretty easily. When the ratings go "live" again at 21 open, it'll be an essential skill to have, as the Live ratings will be changng weekly.

Create a custom output format you like and save it. Player Search and Compare (List all of the players in your league) output to file or to browser. I like browser, copypastas into Excel easily).

The rest is just maintenance. Handling duplicates, additions and weekly updates.
Do these spreadsheets include all the random tournament rewards? Can people dig through the game code to find it, or do we have to wait for it to be won and put on display somewhere?

It really pains me that I can't even get an OVR for cards like the 1968 Guisti or the 2005 Lidge. We need more information in the game itself.

Primary Team

Old 02-14-2020, 01:11 PM   #67
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Also, the fact that we basically have to build teams OUTSIDE the game is a major aspect of my complaints.

It is incredibly painful to build a team in game, and the best ways to do it don't even involve the game.

Primary Team

Old 02-14-2020, 11:06 PM   #68
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
There is a clear incentive to NOT collect and to keep as few cards as possible.

Key point! Ultimately, I sold off my entire collection. The maintenance effort to keep it active was overwhelming.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 10:26 AM   #69
MrBungle
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Effectively that would be like having a farm system of two teams, whose only purpose is to generate points to open packs and transfer anything good to the main team. That would be one case where I would buy packs with points.

It might be possible if it has to be a trade of cards that are equal in value, and a limited number of times like stated above.

And possibly a trading fee, whether that be perfect points or actual cash money
MrBungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 07:32 AM   #70
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by funseeker View Post
I think there should be a zero tolerance tanking policy for PT3.0. It should be made clear, before anyone starts playing, what constitutes tanking and, if caught once, the player will be banned.

Tanking isn't always part of a strategy. So many times I've been put in Perfect League when I had no business being there. Losing 100+ games was the best I could do at times. Facing a team of (12) 100 starting pitchers that 7-8 of them converted to relievers & team full of 100 card position players where the infielders are generally players who actually played other positions bc most of the time you will get a better fielding rating training player at different position than his orginal position. Playing teams that have records of 155-7 not fun. I'm just waiting on next version of OOTP excluding PT. Couldn't find myself without this game of baseball, 2nd to none
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 10:45 AM   #71
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Playing teams that have records of 155-7 not fun.
They can't fix the myriad problems with PeL, obviously the company needs the cash it generates.

The solution is pretty elusive, though. I'd simply recommend taking your advancement as slowly as you can manage, and enjoy the lower levels. Where baseball is played.
Old 02-16-2020, 11:13 AM   #72
funseeker
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Zero Tolerance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunktown Ballers View Post
Tanking isn't always part of a strategy. So many times I've been put in Perfect League when I had no business being there. Losing 100+ games was the best I could do at times. Facing a team of (12) 100 starting pitchers that 7-8 of them converted to relievers & team full of 100 card position players where the infielders are generally players who actually played other positions bc most of the time you will get a better fielding rating training player at different position than his orginal position. Playing teams that have records of 155-7 not fun. I'm just waiting on next version of OOTP excluding PT. Couldn't find myself without this game of baseball, 2nd to none
Losing 100 games isn't necessarily tanking. If you have Perfect and Diamond players in reserve or inactive and you're playing all Iron and Bronze players - that's tanking. Maybe there should be some sort of free pass to get out of Perfect Level if you know you can't win there.
funseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 01:28 PM   #73
MrBungle
Minors (Rookie Ball)

If it's not against the rules to tank in the MLB, why should it be in a game that is based for the most part on the MLB? Not saying I'm advocating for tanking, it is a problem. But people should also be able to play a game (they paid money for) however they want.

Maybe a total team player value max and minimum cap for each league with perfect having no max cap? Not a perfect solution but just throwing the idea out there. Probably has been suggested already idk
MrBungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 01:52 PM   #74
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Because its a completely nonsensical comparison. A team cant tank in order to play next season in AAA and earn money based on the stats they put up.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 01:56 PM   #75
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

I think having tournaments & collections integrated from the start next season (hopefully with some nice upgrades) will make a big difference to longevity for me. I really enjoyed running 3 teams this season, even to the point of not spending on the game despite planning to, but the league grind left me burned out by autumn. Having a broader range of things to do should make next season a more leisurely experience
Old 02-16-2020, 03:21 PM   #76
Cowboys3356
All Star Starter

I am looking forward to PT21 because I want all of the whales to have to re-spend their $1000s to get back to the top!!! Spend whale spend!!
Cowboys3356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 04:06 PM   #77
humboldt1498
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys3356 View Post
I am looking forward to PT21 because I want all of the whales to have to re-spend their $1000s to get back to the top!!! Spend whale spend!!
I am curious if people will start to get burnt out because the game is too much money to compete at the highest levels. You can shear a sheep over and over again but you can only skin it once. I personally don't expect to spend any more money on PT going forward. I feel like I've been skinned.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
Old 02-16-2020, 04:29 PM   #78
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
Because its a completely nonsensical comparison. A team cant tank in order to play next season in AAA and earn money based on the stats they put up.
We're told early on to trust the promotion system to get things right eventually, even if we have to suffer whales in the first season(s). It is a dang shame that the relegation system can't be similarly trusted, especially since both cases will produce an an absurdly high amount of points.

Primary Team

Old 02-16-2020, 05:54 PM   #79
bailey
Hall Of Famer

I'm burnt out because of UI issues, not because of money spent.

bailey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 11:29 PM   #80
Cowboys3356
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldt1498 View Post
I am curious if people will start to get burnt out because the game is too much money to compete at the highest levels. You can shear a sheep over and over again but you can only skin it once. I personally don't expect to spend any more money on PT going forward. I feel like I've been skinned.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
That is actually a very good point and it will be interesting to see how many others feel that way going into PT21. Maybe OOTP pushed it a little too far, only time will tell I guess.
Cowboys3356 is offline   Reply With Quote