Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Fictional Simulations

OOTP 20 - Fictional Simulations Discuss fictional simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 11-05-2019, 12:58 AM   #1
luckymann
Hall Of Famer

New addition to the OOTP family

Hello out there, just bought OOTP 20 and have been browsing the forums, which have been incredibly helpful so thanks to all who contributed.

So what I'm hoping to be able to do is this:

Set up a fictional league and then individually import a selection of all-time great (ranked by WAR) historical players from their rookie year, make them all FA and do a draft. Then play 20 seasons managing one team (the mighty A's) and see how things progress.

As I said the forums (as well as the online manual) have given me a lot of insight into how I need to go about it, so I'll limit myself for now to a couple of questions I just haven't got my head around.

If I import historical players from their rookie year and then play 20 seasons of a fictional league, am I correct in thinking that the players progress year by year roughly in line with their real-life stats as the fictional league plays out from season to season?

I noticed in an older forum there was a tool for importing multiple historical players. The link to it had expired, and I couldn't find a live one. If I make my own spreadsheet in Excel, what info do I need to include in what order, and how do I turn that into a text file when done?

Does anyone out there with experience in setting up this kind of simulation have any pointers of things to be aware of when doing so?

I think that's it for now. Appreciate any and all input, and thanks in advance!
luckymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 03:14 AM   #2
luckymann
Hall Of Famer

Further to this I have found a thread explaining the multi-import function and have googled how to do txt files, so hopefully I have that covered now.
luckymann is offline   Reply With Quote