Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 02-27-2019, 06:35 PM   #61
Yarideki
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
You are correct. Such a exclusive card may be available as a prize in more than one tournament, but they won't be part of packs and hence very rare. They can be sold on the AH by the lucky winner though.
Thanks for the clarification, Markus! I'm glad to see that there will still be a way for people to obtain the cards even if they might not be able to finish well enough to get the tournament prize. That was one of my bigger issues in my experience with MLB The Show's Diamond Dynasty (since I will readily admit I am not the most skilled player) and I'm glad that you're taking this option.
Yarideki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 02:03 AM   #62
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Will leagues of less than 30 still be a thing, or will wild cards be promoted to make sure a league of less than 30 is 1 league in iron level?

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 02:10 AM   #63
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Jardine View Post
I like the idea you are proposing however, and I will look into seeing if we could possibly build something like this in the future
Glad to hear it's well received, and I thank you for considering it. I think it could go a long way in helping to bring out the best ideas from the community as a whole.
FancySkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 04:01 AM   #64
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Will leagues of less than 30 still be a thing, or will wild cards be promoted to make sure a league of less than 30 is 1 league in iron level?
The current system will remain as it is.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 09:16 PM   #65
Neezer
Minors (Double A)

Are we going to be able to play Perfect Team games live where we can manage our teams versus either the other teams AI or human manager?
Neezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 05:19 AM   #66
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezer View Post
Are we going to be able to play Perfect Team games live where we can manage our teams versus either the other teams AI or human manager?
No. This is something we will probably add for OOTP 21 or 22.
Old 03-01-2019, 10:51 AM   #67
Neezer
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
No. This is something we will probably add for OOTP 21 or 22.
Thats probably a good thing because if that were an option, Id probably never leave the house
Neezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 12:12 PM   #68
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes, absolutely nothing from OOTP 19 will carry over. PT in OOTP 19 will continue to run (for at least another 12 months) alongside PT in OOTP 20 as seperate worlds.
So after 2 years all the cards and PP people bought for that year are gone and don't exist anymore since PT is shut down?
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:15 PM   #69
Slicefella
Bat Boy

Sorry if this has been covered, but I am new to Perfect Team and was curious on how to earn points without spending money? I have no problem throwing some money on packs if I’m having a good time, but I also like a few things to work towards as well.

Thanks! Can’t wait for March 22nd.
Slicefella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:05 PM   #70
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicefella View Post
Sorry if this has been covered, but I am new to Perfect Team and was curious on how to earn points without spending money? I have no problem throwing some money on packs if I’m having a good time, but I also like a few things to work towards as well.

Thanks! Can’t wait for March 22nd.
You earn points from achievements within the game (multi-homer games, 4-hit, 5-hit games, 10 strikeouts, etc). Achievements are tiered - bronze, silver, gold - with gold achievements paying out the most PP. Average earnings differ but my personal experience has been around 4-7K a week (with some outliers above or below). There is a link somewhere around this board to a community-compiled list of achievements.

You can also earn points by selling cards in the AH. Quite a few players have built successful teams through buying cards low and selling high.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:21 PM   #71
Slicefella
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izz View Post
You earn points from achievements within the game (multi-homer games, 4-hit, 5-hit games, 10 strikeouts, etc). Achievements are tiered - bronze, silver, gold - with gold achievements paying out the most PP. Average earnings differ but my personal experience has been around 4-7K a week (with some outliers above or below). There is a link somewhere around this board to a community-compiled list of achievements.

You can also earn points by selling cards in the AH. Quite a few players have built successful teams through buying cards low and selling high.
Cool, thanks for the explanation!

So the achievements aren’t earned once and that’s it? I have an opportunity to get achievements every time a game is played?
Slicefella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 11:12 PM   #72
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicefella View Post
Cool, thanks for the explanation!

So the achievements aren’t earned once and that’s it? I have an opportunity to get achievements every time a game is played?
Yep

There are about 4 achievements, from memory, that are only earned once. But every other achievement can be earned as many times as you achieve them - except the achievements for breaking losing streaks which are capped at once per season per achievement level.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 06:11 AM   #73
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
So after 2 years all the cards and PP people bought for that year are gone and don't exist anymore since PT is shut down?
No, you will still be able to log in and see your cards / history etc. But the simulation servers will shut down then. If it'll be 2 years depends on how many people still log in then, maybe we'll keep the running longer. We'll see.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:08 AM   #74
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Will PP achievements be earned in tournaments? I'd caution against this if you can join multiple tournaments at the same time. Some people would be playing all of the tournaments.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:59 AM   #75
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
Will PP achievements be earned in tournaments? I'd caution against this if you can join multiple tournaments at the same time. Some people would be playing all of the tournaments.
No, tournaments will not pay achievements.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 12:46 PM   #76
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
I think that was the plan all along. You can always take screenshots of your cards, so you will always have those.

Old 03-04-2019, 01:14 PM   #77
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
No, tournaments will not pay achievements.
That sounds odd. The postseason is a tournament and it pays PP. There should be a PP paying tournament on Sunday for those that don't make the postseason to keep things 'even' PP-wise.

Old 03-04-2019, 02:39 PM   #78
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
That sounds odd. The postseason is a tournament and it pays PP. There should be a PP paying tournament on Sunday for those that don't make the postseason to keep things 'even' PP-wise.
You will receive cards and points in tournaments based on placement, but in-game achievements are limited to the conventional season mode.

So you can still earn rewards by playing in tournaments, just not from hitting in-game acheivements

Webstore - https://ootpdevelopments.onfastspring.com/games/
Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...k_Baseball_22/
Kris Jardine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 02:41 PM   #79
Thalion
Major Leagues

I think I heard somewhere that there’s going to be around 50 or so perfect cards. I’m guessing most, if not all, of those cards are going to be the Historical Legends you mentioned.
How did you all decide on which cards are Historical Legends?
Thalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:55 PM   #80
zrog2000
All Star Starter

When you play in different tournaments, can you use the same cards for different teams? Or does each tournament require a unique set of cards?
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote