Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 12-30-2019, 12:39 AM   #221
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Found out from my signature that my original team, the Cowboys have won their 1st Perfect Series. Woohoo! Beat out 13-time PL champions Maine Gems in the semis.

Now just have to hope my last team the Crayons can do it, and that's the one to complete the F2P ribbon.
Attached Images
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 12:42 AM   #222
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Unfortunately, the Raccoons fell short of getting #10. Minnesota won game 6, 6-2 with the help of a Wheat grand-slam and then won the final, 5-1 with Ruffing defeating Keefe. Congratulations to Minnesota!!

Well, it was a lot of fun even if we couldn't quite get it done. Thanks to the rest of the "old timer 5" for helping make such a fun season!!

Last edited by old timer; 12-30-2019 at 12:55 AM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 01:01 AM   #223
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Found out from my signature that my original team, the Cowboys have won their 1st Perfect Series. Woohoo! Beat out 13-time PL champions Maine Gems in the semis.

Congrats. Those Gems are hard to beat!

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 01:08 AM   #224
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
The Doubledays finally did not blow a series this season.
Congratulations

moalkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 01:28 AM   #225
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

The Xenos won one game against the Berlin Crab Shuckers in the CS, the team that would eventually win the WS. The Shuckers are a dominating team that I think has its settings on "Stay Put", unfortunately. Cash' first full season with us was excellent: .308 / .406 / .493 with 26 HR and 108 RBI.

In an attempt to acquire CL Hiller in order to finish one of the DET Missions, I finally put 92 Molina on the AH. I had acquired Molina way back in June after completing the Negro League mission and he's performed quite well into Perfect, so it was sad to let him go. But as it turned out, Molina's L7 was significantly overvalued and I couldn't move him in time to raise the funds for Hiller. We did part ways with SE Eddie Plank, who was replaced in the rotation by 97 Newhouser, who promptly posted a 6.31 ERA with a 1.73 WHIP in 19 starts.

I'm starting to question the feasibility of completing the Tigers Missions. 96 Freehan is proving to be the bottleneck of all bottlenecks. One went up in the AH and was gone in 3 minutes for 260k.

The Wind-Up Birds finished a pedestrian 78-84. The only real thing of note is that SE Vida Blue finally put up a winning record. He went 18-9 with a 3.31 ERA, 1.21 WHP. He's improved each year I've had him.

My third team, the Yumenes Orogenes, is a packs only team and previously FTP. Well, I succumbed to the sale and bought a bunch of PP for that team and was promptly rewarded with a TOTY Trout!

Renfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 01:59 AM   #226
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The 2058 season in P466 was full of twists and turns. From the banding together of the Original Old Timer 5 (TM), to being surprisingly placed in OL proper, to watching some of our favorite cards get shattered (100 Seaver, 100 Walsh), to a team that was neither OL nor Old Timer 5 taking home the eventual PL medallion.

As for the Frogs, who fell in 7 games in the Sub-League Series, it was a pretty interesting season. We tried "righty cheese" and, in fact, were one of about 12.5 teams in P466 doing either "lefty cheese" (7.5 teams) or "righty cheese" (5 teams). The halves in my accounting come from three teams doing just a bit of Venezuelan Beaver Cheese, but it being rather more runny than I'd like.

Anyhow, it was a mixed result. We set a new franchise record for offense (971 runs) as righty bats enjoyed those delectable ballpark factors. Three Frogs, SE 98 Dick Allen (.300/.392/.558, 32 HR 129 RBI, 5.9 WAR), 100 SE Mike Schmidt (.275/.354/.521, 33 HR 122 RBI, 4.4 WAR), and 96 SE Tim Salmon (.305/.403/.489, 20 HR 88 RBI, 3.8 WAR) won Platinum Sticks at 1B, 2B, and RF respectively. I'm a bit disappointed that Dick Allen lost out to Zack Wheat 337-324 in the race for AC MVP. Allen received twelve 1st place votes to Wheat's fourteen. Very close.

Pitching was a bit rougher, as the 620 runs allowed was about 150 more than in a normal season. Pitchers did not enjoy said delectable ballpark factors. I chalk that up to various OL strategies and a bit of bad luck....and, did I mention the ballpark factors? 100 Seaver (yes, mine too) had to be benched in September as his 4.54 ERA dictated. I had an inkling that STUFF might play an outsized role in this league, so I tried POTM Max Scherzer in the rotation (he's usually a bullpen guy for me) and he rewarded with an ERA of 5.91 in 15 starts. So, clearly, it wasn't all about stuff. Important to pair that with good MOVEMENT, too, to play against the jacked ballpark factors. Learned this the hard way.

100 Ruffing was okayish (15-6, 3.65 ERA), 100 Ed Walsh is never outright bad (13-12, 3.48 ERA), and 100 John Smoltz was tolerable (14-9, 3.99 ERA). But, between the cheese strategies and ballpark factors, all of these stalwarts were somewhere between 0.75 and 1.50 runs-per-game worse than usual. At least Ed Walsh won Great Glove #5. Even if he did give up 6 ER in 1.2 IP in G7 of the Sub-League Series...

Bullpen was very good. 100 SE Trevor Hoffman did the usual (1.81 ERA, 21 SV, 2.1 WAR) and SE Harry Brecheen did the thing that Frog relievers must always remember to do; that is, Brecheen was named AC Reliever of the Year in a unanimous vote. Brecheen went 19-3 (12 SV) with a 2.55 ERA in 127 IP exclusively out of the bullpen.

Aside from the great fun that this week was, I was working behind the scenes to finish some more collections. This was one of the most productive weeks on that front as the spotlight has shifted to tournaments, TOTD cards, and the bottlenecked Dodgers, Mets, and Tigers missions. Mostly under the radar, I was able to complete a bunch of mission chains: Giants, D'Backs, Cubs, Reds, Pirates, Athletics, Astros, Mariners, Royals, Orioles, and Rays. Some of them even provided useful cards (Perry, Posey, Bumgarner, Waddell, Cedeno, DiPino, Harris, Sasaki, Davis). The Frogs are now up to 231 completed missions which is good enough to just barely squeak onto Page 2 when sorting the PT'verse by number of completed missions.

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 12-30-2019 at 02:00 AM.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 03:04 AM   #227
Catchthedamnball
Minors (Double A)

I'm going to keep this one short since my last post took too long to write and probably took too long to read.

In the division series, Medford narrowly avoided blowing a 2-0 lead with a 9-run outburst and good enough effort from Rube Waddell to send Tuco the Outlaw home and ensure promotion to PL for the first time.

In the sub-league series, after dropping the first game, the Mashers neutralized the eventual league MVP Ted Williams with an assortment of lefties and took the series in five games.

Against the top team from the AC in the Diamond League series, it was unexpectedly not that close. Medford swept as Al Simmons was named series MVP after batting .400 with 2 HR and 5 RBI.

Congrats to all who won titles of any sort, and maybe I'll see some of you in PL next week!

Catchthedamnball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 09:18 AM   #228
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

The Denver Bears did not make the post season but some players were good this season. Cy Young notches his 8th Pitcher of the Year, Chris Carpenter was named Reliever of the Year (10-7, 2.76 era, and 3 saves) but my reliever Sandy Koufax lost out (5-10 2.68 era, and 43 saves). And Turkey Stearnes earns his first Great Bat Award (.317, 13 HR, 66 RBIs). Freddie Freeman was named Great Glove at 1B. Looking forward to another season in Diamond.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

Last edited by scott1964; 12-30-2019 at 09:21 AM.
scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote