Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-18-2019, 06:44 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Exclamation Trouble with 3D or Facegen? See here.

OOTP 20 utilizes some advanced OpenGL features now, which may be problematic on a small number of systems. So, in order to fix the problems we need your help.

But first, please make sure you install the latest version of drivers for your graphics card! Often outdated drivers are the reason for 3D / Facegen problems.

OOTP 20 needs at least support for OpenGL 2.0. This is supported by most graphic cards with up-to-date drivers.

We suggest playing around with the OpenGL settings (Game Settings -> Facegen & 3D tab), you could try setting the "Open GL Shader Mode" to "Disable OpenGL shader" for example.

If it still does not work, we need to know your exact system specs which can be obtained by an application called Opengl Caps viewer. You can download it here:
Download OpenGL Caps Viewer.

After you installed & started it, click on the tools tab and then on "export data" (see image). In the new window click on "txt export" (see image). Please post the text file here or simply copy and paste the text directly.

Thank you!
Markus
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 12:18 PM   #2
SidHickenbottom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Downloaded the beta and the game crashes everytime it goes to generate pictures. 5 times straight. My game has historically crashed sometimes, so I'm sure my machine isn't optimal, but the game is currently unplayable, as I can't interact with roster pages without it going down.
SidHickenbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 12:24 PM   #3
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidHickenbottom View Post
Downloaded the beta and the game crashes everytime it goes to generate pictures. 5 times straight. My game has historically crashed sometimes, so I'm sure my machine isn't optimal, but the game is currently unplayable, as I can't interact with roster pages without it going down.
Make sure you update your graphic card drivers, please.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 12:29 PM   #4
SidHickenbottom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks. Did that. Now it's just crashing upon the first interaction after the game loads.
SidHickenbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 01:12 PM   #5
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidHickenbottom View Post
Thanks. Did that. Now it's just crashing upon the first interaction after the game loads.
Can you install the OpenGL caps viewer from the first post above, and then post the log here for us to check out? Thanks!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 03:02 PM   #6
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

IMHO, the shading on the beards looks a little off.
Attached Images

IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:35 AM   #7
wilkiburger14
Minors (Double A)

Ive managed to buy the game under a wrong email address, one character out, therefore I cant view receipt in email as have no access to it, can I refund and start again or can it be ammended, ta
wilkiburger14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 11:33 PM   #8
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
you could try setting the "Open GL Shader Mode" to "Disable OpenGL shader" for example.
I'm not seeing this line in 3D & Facegen settings like was in 19.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:28 PM   #9
endgame
Hall Of Famer

In the spirit of final steps or last resorts, here's the caps viewer file or text. I currently have the system running fairly smoothly, but the home run (PT posted) brings things to a halt. I have full Intel System specs saved, too, if that file would be helpful. Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: txt gpu_caps_viewer_report.txt (15.4 KB, 203 views)
Old 07-03-2019, 02:10 AM   #10
iceblade2000
Bat Boy

My Account crashes to desktop once I click to open Perfect Team. I created a second account and it has no trouble loading. Something has happened to my original account that is causing the crash.
iceblade2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 03:48 AM   #11
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceblade2000 View Post
My Account crashes to desktop once I click to open Perfect Team. I created a second account and it has no trouble loading. Something has happened to my original account that is causing the crash.
Try deleting your PT saves from your OOTP saved games folder (delete any folders ending in .pt). If there's something wrong with the save itself, that should fix it.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 07:20 AM   #12
GGGUNSLINGERRR
Bat Boy

I believe I have a corrupted save, but I'm not sure how to properly diagnose and fix that. I traced the crash as instructed but am not sure how to decipher the info. When I've created and loaded a fresh save game, it works perfectly, but when I try to load my main save, OOTP stops loading at 75% then simply closes. Any input?
Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp_trace.txt (45.9 KB, 150 views)
GGGUNSLINGERRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 03:53 PM   #13
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

My game keeps eating my uniform mods. I install them in saved games/NABL/jerseys, then they just disappear, replaced by some ugly default thing. Am I using the wrong folder, or what's going on?
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 11:38 AM   #14
Torse6294
Bat Boy

Losing away jerseys and jerseys locked to players

Having two problems that may be related.

Upon the creation of my league and before original draft, I noticed that some players, coaches, and owners were already decked out in team uniforms. I thought this would be corrected once the draft occurred. This was the case for the major league players but some owners and some minor leaguers, despite being assigned to team "X", still had team "Y" uniforms and caps. The only way to correct is to go to the players screen > editor > picture functions > auto re-load. This changes the picture completely to what, I dare say, is to the correct photo. I have many instances where the image is clearly of someone not matching the listed facial type prior to my selecting auto re-load. This continued with the first amateur draft. If I did not go through the entire list of eligible players and auto re-load their photos to neutral, they would have also kept the same uniforms. The players I brought back to neutral correctly adopted the uniforms of their new team. The game setting is set to change players photos upon team/mood changes.

Second and vastly more annoying problem. Despite checking what I think are all the correct boxers to lock in uniforms, I routinely lose my custom uniforms. Not all of them and not at the same time. Each time I start the game I noticed that I've lost the away uniforms (mostly - sometimes home) on some teams. If I didn't go in and fix, I think I'd eventually lose all of them. The inconsistency on this is very strange. I can play the game ten times in a row and team "X" is fine,...but then I lose one of the uniforms in gameplay #11. I hate going in to watch a game and then notice my away uniform has become generic. I have purposely made uniforms that have a patch of the major league affiliation so I know who I'm watching.

Hope you can help.
Attached Files
File Type: txt gpu_caps_viewer_report.txt (28.3 KB, 143 views)
Torse6294 is offline   Reply With Quote