Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 07-04-2019, 09:11 PM   #1
von_wilhelm
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Somebody sold John Clarkson for 4,001

Somebody sold a john clarkson to himself for 4,001 points and it seems like it's cheating.
von_wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 09:12 PM   #2
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Sure does seem that way at first glance. But why do you say someone sold it to himself? You don’t know that. It could have been listed at that price by mistake and someone bought it before the mistake was noticed and corrected. There are probably other innocent explanations.

Last edited by Orcin; 07-04-2019 at 09:15 PM.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 09:29 PM   #3
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

in v19 I nabbed a Johnny Vander Meer for 4001.... either a poor posting by someone or just wanted to move it asap... either way it was a steal... so not necessarily someone trying to scam the system....
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 09:50 PM   #4
Drezik
Minors (Double A)

I've seen a few of those the past couple weeks. One was a 96 Ty Cobb and cant remember the other, but it was a notable card.

Drezik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 10:03 PM   #5
rtkretz
Minors (Double A)

Hoyt and Beltre

There have also been a Hoyt and a Beltre sold for ~ 5,000 PP over the past couple of days. Definitely something fishy going on...no way all of these are innocent mistakes all at once

rtkretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 10:08 PM   #6
bailey
Hall Of Famer

It could be those prices are bugged in some way. I've sold cards at prices higher than the highest price ever and the old "high" never changed.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 11:40 PM   #7
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

The developers can check on this and determine if it is a legal sale. Hopefully, they will see this thread but they likely will not respond.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 03:51 AM   #8
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
It could be those prices are bugged in some way. I've sold cards at prices higher than the highest price ever and the old "high" never changed.
I think these aren't dynamically updated - perhaps updated once a day or something.

Or maybe it's like the Olympic figure skating where the highest and lowest prices are thrown out

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 09:11 AM   #9
Guancous
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Maybe it was a new player who sold it immediately from their entry league deck.
Guancous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 10:52 AM   #10
Semtextual
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guancous View Post
Maybe it was a new player who sold it immediately from their entry league deck.
Investigate this guy ^^
Semtextual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 11:39 AM   #11
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

I noticed a 52 Ichiro went for 23k in the last week. I'm all for having the last Ichiro card of his career, but ......
Old 07-05-2019, 11:45 AM   #12
elutz31
Minors (Double A)

While not likely, it could have been someone posting it with no buyout for a short period of time at an off hour, maybe European, and someone got it for minimum bid.

Also could have been a couple people on discord or friends who discussed a trade. 1 person puts Clarkson for minimum and the other puts up Bill Dahlen or whoever of similar value. Risky as someone could intercept it and if you don't know the person even riskier. Also not sure if this would be against the terms of service.

The closest thing in the terms of service would be:
(c) Cheat, deliberately lose, trade wins or Perfect Points, "feed" wins or Perfect Points from one account to another via the auction house or any other method, or otherwise fail to make a good-faith effort to play the game in a fashion intended to win via fair gameplay according to the intended operation of the game. Note that an Out of the Park Developments account is required to play Perfect Team, and individuals are limited to a single OOTP account. Use of multiple accounts by an individual, including the use of accounts registered under another person's name, real or fictitious, will be subject to the sanctions listed in (j) (k) and (l) below for the party or parties involved.
elutz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 12:38 PM   #13
Guancous
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semtextual View Post
Investigate this guy ^^
I’m speaking from experience on a lesser scale. I started playing Perfect Team about a week ago. I had a live Albert Pujols card and auto-sold it for 6 PP. I didn’t know that collections made it more valuable or that the auto-sell didn’t match the current market value.

Someone could have started and auto-sold their best cards.
Old 07-05-2019, 02:22 PM   #14
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post
I noticed a 52 Ichiro went for 23k in the last week. I'm all for having the last Ichiro card of his career, but ......

the LIVE Ichiro hasnt been in packs for a long time. I think maybe they took it out of circulation when he retired. there was a lot of speculation on discord that there might be a Ichiro collection where if you had all the Ichiro cards that you might get a "super ichiro".

the day b4 collections i know of at least one LIVE Ichiro 52 that sold for 52 K.

so there could still be ppl trying to get the LIVE Ichiro in case there is an Ichiro specific collection.

HiDesertAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 02:32 PM   #15
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

You guys would be surprised. Some of the cards that people have quick-sold are enough to reduce you to tears

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 03:20 PM   #16
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDesertAce View Post
the LIVE Ichiro hasnt been in packs for a long time. I think maybe they took it out of circulation when he retired. there was a lot of speculation on discord that there might be a Ichiro collection where if you had all the Ichiro cards that you might get a "super ichiro".

the day b4 collections i know of at least one LIVE Ichiro 52 that sold for 52 K.

so there could still be ppl trying to get the LIVE Ichiro in case there is an Ichiro specific collection.
Wow, fair enough. Maybe as the last Seattle card too then.

(Edit: actually the reason I bought one was after he retired I thought it’d be cool to have, heh. Paid a relatively normal price at the time I think)

Last edited by PocketsAintFull; 07-05-2019 at 03:22 PM.
PocketsAintFull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 03:21 PM   #17
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
You guys would be surprised. Some of the cards that people have quick-sold are enough to reduce you to tears
Not 52 Unsung Hero Bob Uecker?
Old 07-05-2019, 06:16 PM   #18
Drezik
Minors (Double A)

Found another...
Attached Images

Drezik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 08:34 PM   #19
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

I have been finding a very strange number of these recently. I was able to BIN a top diamond lefty grove for 4001 in 19 so I know its possible it was just a bad listing, but the fact so many of these were the only sale in the past 7 makes you wonder how many others happened that just brought the average down.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 07:50 PM   #20
daves
Hall Of Famer

Is this a bug or is someone cheating? Maddox has a 4001 auction average as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daves is offline   Reply With Quote