Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-17-2019, 09:35 AM   #1
FSUKegman
Minors (Triple A)

Text to speech improvements

I would also love to see improvements to the text-to-speech as the current one sounds very robotic like. It would be nice to just listen to the play unfold and remove the PBP window to give me more of a view of the ballpark.

Last edited by FSUKegman; 02-17-2019 at 09:37 AM.
FSUKegman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 06:57 PM   #2
Brad K
Hall Of Famer

A real announcer experience. Old Time Baseball did it over 20 years ago... and with DOS
Brad K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 07:03 PM   #3
FSUKegman
Minors (Triple A)

Very true...it would add so much to an already great game and free up some real estate on the game screen
FSUKegman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 09:53 AM   #4
jeffw3000
Minors (Triple A)

Would love to see something similar to what was done with Broadcast Bast from APBA. It was like listening to Ernie Harwell on the radio.
jeffw3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 12:32 PM   #5
Yarideki
Minors (Double A)

I would like the ability to choose which text-to-speech voice is used. At least in my Windows 10 experience, I can't seem to change the heard voice no matter which default voice I set for my computer. Ideally, I'd like to be able to use any of the voices on my computer (english/spanish/french) and have a set PBP language pack and have the play read aloud in that language. I saw some comments a while ago requesting Spanish PBP so perhaps with some improvements in the TTS and PBP file to make it fully editable we might see language packs down the road and open OOTP to a whole new audience.
Yarideki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 09:46 AM   #6
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad K View Post
A real announcer experience. Old Time Baseball did it over 20 years ago... and with DOS
Oh PLEASE let this happen someday! My dream for OOTP is an actual radio style play by play of MY OOTP team that I can export as a mp4 or some other audio format and listen to in my car. If Markus & Co. can give us THAT someday I'll stop caring about real baseball!
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 01:10 PM   #7
BURNS81
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marlin View Post
Oh PLEASE let this happen someday! My dream for OOTP is an actual radio style play by play of MY OOTP team that I can export as a mp4 or some other audio format and listen to in my car. If Markus & Co. can give us THAT someday I'll stop caring about real baseball!
What a great idea this is. Love it.
BURNS81 is offline   Reply With Quote