Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2018 > MLB Manager - Suggestions

MLB Manager - Suggestions Please help us to improve the game and post your suggestions / ideas in this forum!

Old 08-12-2017, 11:36 PM   #1
ZTO333
Minors (Double A)

Some Do-able Suggestions

I know everyone's major suggestion for MLBM 2018 is minor leagues, and while I would love that too, I understand that would be a ton of coding and may not even be possible with current devices. So I've come up with a few more do-able recommendations on some additions that would make MLBM an even better game than it already is.

1. Staff: This one in particular may be a bit more difficult to implement than the rest since it would involve the sim engine, but I think adding in a coaching staff would be a welcome addition to add even more depth to the game.
2. Expansion/Relocation: This is the other recommendation of mine that is a long shot. Having played a bit of the PC OOTP one thing I love is the evolution of the league years ahead. Expansion and relocation are a huge part of that and would likely be easier to implement than rule changes.
3. Season Projections: Another feature from OOTP I would love to see in MLBM is preseason projections. It always seems very tedious before the season to see how both my team and others are supposed to do. The Preseason Predictions in OOTP make it very easy to see who's supposed to do well and who isn't and ultimately which teams disappoint and which meet their predictions.
4. League History: As it stands it is so difficult to find out who won the World Series when. Instead of a list, the league champions must be found by clicking through every year. A list form would be much better. It could also include MVP and Cy Young winner each year to add depth to league history.
5. Team History: Along with league history, a team history would be great showing what each franchise did every year, such as record, runs for vs against and whether they won the World Series.
6. Championships Won Under Awards Tab: Currently the only way to tell how many World Series a player has won is by scrolling through the players history and hoping you don't miss one. It would be much easier if championships were listed under the awards tab on a players page just like All-Star games and Cy Young awards.

As you can probably see many of my suggestions deal with adding depth to the game as I think if a major new feature like minor leagues cannot be added, increased depth is a must to continue improving this great game. I've been playing since it was iOOTP and hope these suggestions can be considered to help this game continue to be the best sports manager game in the growing mobile market.
ZTO333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:59 AM   #2
wodi
All Star Reserve

Like you've said, a working minor league progression system (again doesn't have to include minor league games) is the end all be all.

Your list is good, doesn't seem like any would be too hard to implement.

I think though if minor league system isn't happening, my second option is just an updated base code, maybe with more player attributes. I just feel I've been playing the same damn game for many years now.
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 11:09 PM   #3
christophermichaels
Minors (Double A)

I'm going to be far more critical than either of you two. I have purchased the PC version of this game for years and I've purchased two years of this mobile disaster. It's like I'm trying to convince myself to date this game (poor analogy, I know) but it's hard because I love the portability on my iPad but I want the features of the PC. And I don't want to hear it's not possible. Football Manager, the soccer sim, has been doing it for years with a 90%+ version of their product available on mobile devices.

I get this is not where the money is for their ROI. That's what the PC game is about. But if you're going to make this mobile game an annual version, then it needs to see some significant upgrades or it will die a quick death because the gap between it and the PC version will only grow wider.

And modern devices can run a much more robust game than this offering. I use an iPhone 7+ and an iPad Pro 9.7, both of which are more powerful than needed for anything that would be included in this title. And while I know not everyone has the most powerful mobile devices, the decision to not lean into the cutting edge of the available hardware suggests this title is not intended to be anything more than a hobby market designed to placate the more hardcore PC fans who need a fix on the go.

For me, I won't be buying another version of the mobile game until it sees a significant upgrade.
christophermichaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:09 AM   #4
wodi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanstephans View Post
I'm going to be far more critical than either of you two. I have purchased the PC version of this game for years and I've purchased two years of this mobile disaster. It's like I'm trying to convince myself to date this game (poor analogy, I know) but it's hard because I love the portability on my iPad but I want the features of the PC. And I don't want to hear it's not possible. Football Manager, the soccer sim, has been doing it for years with a 90%+ version of their product available on mobile devices.

I get this is not where the money is for their ROI. That's what the PC game is about. But if you're going to make this mobile game an annual version, then it needs to see some significant upgrades or it will die a quick death because the gap between it and the PC version will only grow wider.

And modern devices can run a much more robust game than this offering. I use an iPhone 7+ and an iPad Pro 9.7, both of which are more powerful than needed for anything that would be included in this title. And while I know not everyone has the most powerful mobile devices, the decision to not lean into the cutting edge of the available hardware suggests this title is not intended to be anything more than a hobby market designed to placate the more hardcore PC fans who need a fix on the go.

For me, I won't be buying another version of the mobile game until it sees a significant upgrade.

I'm with you, I never buy the "platform can't handle" argument. These phones and tablets are as more powerful as ever.

It's tough though to compare ootp to this game. I don't play ootp, I just don't have the time as I'm sure is the case for most people. So my perspective of the game is a stand alone perspective, and I have enjoyed the game for many years now, it's the only game I play on my phone.

With that said no one over the years has beat the drum harder calling for a real minor league system. My opinion isn't based on a comparison to ootp, and the company would shoot that down in a second and say you cannot compare the two (while throwing in some dumb line about the mobile game being for the casual fan), it's my opinion based on playing "career" sports modes for my entire life.

You can't have a baseball sim game that stretches for years and years without a minor league system, you just can't. This "list" that is utilized now is just that, a list, and that's unacceptable.

We're on the same page, I'm just one who won't compare this game to ootp, I don't think it's fair.
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote