Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - Online Leagues

OOTP 14 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 14 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:38 PM   #1
splantiago
Minors (Single A)

Justice League Baseball :: The Most Realistic Online SIM League

Justice League Baseball has completed 5 seasons and is currently in the 2016-2017 Offseason. Having just finished the 2016 season, we are now moving to the newest OOTP14.

With that being said, we're looking for a trio of new GMs to join our dysfunctional family!

--

Justice League Baseball was formed with one goal: To provide the most realistic online baseball league in existence. We are dedicated to creating a realistic and continually evolving league in addition to a fully immersive General Manager experience on our forums.

The Justice League Baseball started as a 2012 Major League, using current rosters and real-life CBA rules. We stress REALISM. This is not an Arcade-Style league. GMs who are crazy fond of flipping their rosters every 4 in-game weeks & crazy, unrealistic trades will not be tolerated.

Financials have been fixed so money is flowing around like crazy. We've completely overhauled the game and the rules to try and re-create the real experience of being a General Manager in the Major Leagues.

We have three Commissioners to keep the league running smoothly, but the majority of the league-altering decisions will be made by the GM’s, so participation is a key (and rewarded)!

Additional features of the JLB include:
  • A Collective Bargaining Agreement to govern rule changes and ensure that you help to shape the future of your league!
  • A reward system for participation on the forums, allowing you to "upgrade" players, edit your stadium, and more!
  • A Competitive Balance Lottery to grant extra draft picks to eligible teams.
  • A league AIM chat, ensuring a unified league atmosphere and encouraging good conversation between fellow GM's.
  • Active and dedicated commissioners who will be available nearly 24 hours a day
  • A Trade Committee to protect the integrity of the league, its mission for REALISM and its individual franchises.

None of this can happen without the consistent and dedicated support of our GM's! You run the teams, you are the lifeblood of any league. We want to see this dream achieved, but we need you to help us.

We are looking for GMs for the following team:

• Atlanta Braves
    The Atlanta Braves have had their ups and downs in a rather crazy National League East Division. The team is pitching heavy with 5-aces and the offense is led by star hitter Freddie Freeman. The team finished 2nd in their division in 2016. If you like a mid-market team in a VERY winnable division, the Braves are right for you!
  • Detroit Tigers
    The Detroit Tigers finished last in the AL Central in 2015 and promptly turned it around to win the division in 2016. The big three of Verlander, Miggy & Fielder are still dominating and show no signs of slowing down. Having failed to sign the #1 draft pick last season, the future is looking mighty bright and awfully scary in Detroit. If you like a big-market team that's primed for success in a VERY competitive division, the Tigers are right for you!
  • San Jose Athletics
    The San Jose Athletics are young and SCARY. With an average team age of 26, the team finished 2nd in the AL West but won the first Wildcard spot in 2016. Huge arms, power bats and a stacked farm will fuel this organization for the indefinite future. If you like a small-market team that's ready to win now in a VERY tough division, the Athletics are right for you!

We're just arriving to the 2016/2017 Offseason. Come join one of the most exciting online OOTP leagues now!

If you are interested in joining our league, please fill out the following questionnaire in the replies:

1. What is your preferred team?
  2. Why do you want to play using this team?
  3. What are your plans for the team/franchise, and how do you plan to achieve those goals?
  4. What is your prior OOTP or baseball experience?
  5. Why would you be a positive addition to the immersion and atmosphere of the JLB?

Remember that we are striving for REALISM. We're looking to people who can genuinely contribute to our league. THIS IS NOT AN ARCADE-STYLE LEAGUE where teams are making dozens of trades. Please put some thought into your answers because we're looking for the perfect fit.

If you have any questions, concerns, suggestions, or interest in the league, please contact the commissioner, Adam (see details below).

Email: jlb.rangers@gmail.com
PM: splantiago on the OOTP Forums
splantiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:46 AM   #2
Mr. Baseball
All Star Starter

1. What is your preferred team? Atlanta Braves
  1. Why do you want to play using this team?
    I love building an organization around pitching, and having 'five' aces gives me a chance to begin to mold my organization in a way I see fit.
  2. What are your plans for the team/franchise, and how do you plan to achieve those goals?
    I'd need more time to review the roster and evaluate the current talent level. I feel like this question is difficult to answer unless you've had adequate experience in a league.
  3. What is your prior OOTP or baseball experience?
    I've been playing in online leagues for the past five years, and have bought all but one version of OOTP since OOTP 8. I have been the commissioner of three leagues (WCBU, HBA, and MBA), and currently run the WCBU while playing as a GM in the Heartland Baseball League. I have been in about a dozen leagues over the years.
  4. Why would you be a positive addition to the immersion and atmosphere of the JLB?
    I write regular updates on my team. Not out of obligation, but because I enjoy learning about the league through producing my own stories. I'm not in a lot of leagues (only GM one other team), so I have time to dedicate to Atlanta. I'm also typically the MOST active forum guy in every league I join. I always post often and try to engage others.

Duluth Danger (HBL) Dynasty Report -- Online League Franchise
Duluth - 1985/1989 North League Champions!

Last edited by Mr. Baseball; 06-12-2013 at 12:47 AM.
Mr. Baseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #3
splantiago
Minors (Single A)

Still looking for GMs!
Old 06-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #4
Dutchy
Minors (Double A)

Location: The Hague (City of International Justice), The Netherlands.
I cannot stress enough how much fun this league is. It's not arcade and I'm very happy with that. On top of that, we've got an extremely active chat where it's really the best place to make deals. At least half of the GMs can be found in here and we'd like to increase that rate further. It isn't just about baseball but just about everything. That's what makes this league so much fun.

We're transitioning now from 13 to 14 and we're looking for three GMs so we can continue. Come and get your spot in our league where you'll have double the fun and meet others, even from as far as Europe.

Last edited by Dutchy; 06-19-2013 at 03:23 AM.
Dutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:02 PM   #5
coolcat13673
Bat Boy

What is your preferred team ?
San Jose Athletics
Why do you want to play using this team?
I enjoy starting with young teams, watching players develop over time and San Jose has a really good crop of young players.
What are your plans for the team/franchise, and how do you plan to achieve those goals?
To keep drafting good young talent to stay competetive with larger market teams in the league.
What is your prior OOTP or baseball experience?
I played quite a bit of OOTP 9-12 before taking a little break in the last year and a half while starting a family.
Why would you be a positive addition to the immersion and atmosphere of the JLB?
I enjoy writing and posting articles and really bad attempts at photoshopping images in an attempt to add to the fictional world surrounding the game.
coolcat13673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:20 AM   #6
runyan99
Minors (Rookie Ball)

What is the sim schedule?

Why does your export tracker seem so out of date?
runyan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:05 AM   #7
Dutchy
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by runyan99 View Post
What is the sim schedule?

Why does your export tracker seem so out of date?

Our sim schedule is Mon-Wed-Fri-Sun as a general rule. After trade deadline there's usually an extra sim. In the offseason there's a daily sim (maybe not Sat but I'm not sure).

The export tracker seems out of date because for some reason it stopped functioning the way we wanted it to function. It doesn't matter still because exports are made and the league is in fully functioning . We're planning on starting the sim on Monday again when we hope to have everyone on 14 and the teams filled. Update: We have begun simming and we are simming every day because of the offseason. Still one team is open (see below).

We've begun the offseason and are busy offering arbitration. On Wednesday, we're likely to begin FA.

Last edited by Dutchy; 06-26-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:16 AM   #8
runyan99
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Is that 7 days per sim?
runyan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:23 AM   #9
Dutchy
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by runyan99 View Post
Is that 7 days per sim?

Yes, it is.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:38 PM   #10
Dutchy
Minors (Double A)

If in any case, you'd like to join the league please contact me and I'll make sure you get set up. The commish can't always answer at the moment but I can.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:46 PM   #11
splantiago
Minors (Single A)

Rod is helping me out with the admittance of new GMs, if you hear from him it's just as good as hearing from me.

Thanks guys!
Old 06-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #12
Dutchy
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by splantiago View Post
Rod is helping me out with the admittance of new GMs, if you hear from him it's just as good as hearing from me.

Thanks guys!

Rod = Dutchy.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #13
Dutchy
Minors (Double A)

So far, the Detroit Tigers and the San José Athletics have been taken.

Only Atlanta Braves are available.

We've already begun simming again so the first round of arbitration has passed. There'll be a sim every day from now on until the beginning of the 2017 season.

Last edited by Dutchy; 06-17-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:05 PM   #14
Dutchy
Minors (Double A)

On another note: the quickest way to join the league is by PM-ing me. I'm always checking the boards and PMs here. I can set you up in no time.

Last edited by Dutchy; 06-17-2013 at 08:12 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #15
justgettinginfo2
Minors (Double A)

my name in the hat.. let me know if or when something is open. Braves looking like a contender with some attention
justgettinginfo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #16
Steve Kuffrey
Administrator

I might be interested in a team.
Baseball Maelstrom-Montreal Expos-2013 Tourney winner, 2014 WC Team
Sparky's League - Tampa Bay D'Rays
Epicenter Baseball League - Astros 2014
The CBL Rewind - Phillies '95
Steve Kuffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #17
mikedacroat
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I have interest in acquiring a team . Braves look good . my email is mikemnj8111@yahoo.com
mikedacroat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:12 PM   #18
Montreal Hitman
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I sent a PM, no answers yet, is the league full?
Montreal Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:48 PM   #19
Dutchy
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Hitman View Post
I sent a PM, no answers yet, is the league full?

It's best to send me a PM. I keep a list with interested GMs.

At the moment, the league is full. I'll keep you on the waiting list and I will inform you as soon as there's an empty spot that you can fill.

Please, tell me your favourite team (any) and your experience with OOTP online leagues. It's a plus if you use AIM and are able to enter the chat for a few hours to chat with us. Usually, the chat has some six to seven GMs who chat each afternoon and night.