Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 08-11-2004, 12:09 PM   #21
sporr
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76
This might be how it works in real life, but this is not how it is working in 6.03. The team with the worst record last year but a better record in the first week is getting told it cannot put in the claim because the other team has a worse record (only this year though). And it is not caring what league the team is in, it's only looking at whether or not it is a worse or same record. If 2 teams have the same record it will just flip flop them even if they're in different leagues.

EDIT: Markus, if you read this, it would probably be best if you come up with some way for us to determine on our own what team gets the player as many of us use some sort of transactions rights list where a team moves to the bottom of the list after getting a waived player or signing an FA.
This is one of the areas that I planned to do some testing on. And I still do when time permits.
sporr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 04:34 PM   #22
Bosscat
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Post-Season Roster

I add some players on September 1 to bolster the roster. After the season ended, I needed to get my roster down to 25 for the playoffs. When I tried to move the Sept. 1 call-ups (not eligible for playoffs in real life) back to the minors, I was told players had to pass through waivers.

I had to release players to get to the 25-man roster and was stuck with some players I did not want to play in the post-season, but that I wanted to keep for the following season.

Any ideas?
Bosscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 04:42 PM   #23
smeyers003
Major Leagues

Change the waiver time to one day at the end of the season and your players will have enough time to pass through in the few days before playoffs start.
smeyers003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 04:45 PM   #24
Bosscat
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for the quick response

I'll give it a shot.
Bosscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 07:14 AM   #25
kq76
Global Moderator

I have a case of 2 young players in the minors that were waived by the AI. Neither was in the majors, neither has a major league contract, neither was on the 40 man, and it is not passed the trading deadline. Why in the world were they waived? Surely the AI is not "judging trade interest".

The players:

http://kbl-ootp-online.com/reports/p355.html
http://kbl-ootp-online.com/reports/p1133.html

Also, if a player in the bigs is waived and claimed, he must go to the majors of the claiming team, right?
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 09:47 AM   #26
jmm8356
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76
Also, if a player in the bigs is waived and claimed, he must go to the majors of the claiming team, right?
In MLB, yes. In OOTP, no. He ends up on the claiming team's AAA roster.
jmm8356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 02:02 AM   #27
oscarjh
Minors (Double A)

Sporr, this is great. Thanks. Would you mind if I used in in a couple of my leagues, acknowledging the author, of course?
oscarjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 11:53 AM   #28
sporr
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarjh
Sporr, this is great. Thanks. Would you mind if I used in in a couple of my leagues, acknowledging the author, of course?
Not at all. Feel free.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:52 PM   #29
PyroFalkon
Minors (Triple A)

Hey all, I read the primer, but I'm a dirty n00b, so I still have a couple questions.

Okay, first, I don't understand about releasing them through waivers first. Let's say I want to release a player. It asks if I want to put him on waivers and give him a conditional release, or just release him immediately. The thing is I once said yes to that, but even after he cleared waivers, he wasn't released. I dragged him to the release box again and it just gave me the same question.

Second, I don't understand what's going on at all with the "Designate for Assignment" thing. Sporr, if you've ever got the time, you should put that on your primer.

Anyway, can anyone explain to me about what that means?
Old 10-21-2004, 11:45 AM   #30
sporr
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroFalkon
Hey all, I read the primer, but I'm a dirty n00b, so I still have a couple questions.

Okay, first, I don't understand about releasing them through waivers first. Let's say I want to release a player. It asks if I want to put him on waivers and give him a conditional release, or just release him immediately. The thing is I once said yes to that, but even after he cleared waivers, he wasn't released. I dragged him to the release box again and it just gave me the same question.

Second, I don't understand what's going on at all with the "Designate for Assignment" thing. Sporr, if you've ever got the time, you should put that on your primer.

Yeah, this needs updated for the new DFA stuff as it works in the game. Tomorrow's my last day of work, so I should have some time to do so next week.
Old 11-15-2004, 06:09 AM   #31
markwookungfu

Quote:

Yeah I don't understand these things either
markwookungfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 01:22 PM   #32
jmm8356
All Star Starter

Quote:

For now, waivers aren't really required to release a player... it's more like they're recommended. It's a courtesy to (a) let the other teams know that he's available and (b) give the player a chance to catch on elsewhere before you put him on the street. Once he clears waivers, there's no reason you can't release him immediately (guilt-free! ) by saying "No, do it now!"

As for Designated For Assignment, you should check out the DFA FAQ... I think it's pretty informative!
jmm8356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 01:35 PM   #33
ctorg
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm8356
For now, waivers aren't really required to release a player... it's more like they're recommended. It's a courtesy to (a) let the other teams know that he's available and (b) give the player a chance to catch on elsewhere before you put him on the street. Once he clears waivers, there's no reason you can't release him immediately (guilt-free! ) by saying "No, do it now!"

As for Designated For Assignment, you should check out the DFA FAQ... I think it's pretty informative!
It's also a good idea, because you can possibly get another team to take a guy's salary off your hands.

"When the trees blow back and forth, that's what makes the wind." - Steven Wright

Fjord emena pancreas thorax fornicate marmalade morpheme proteolysis smaxa cabana offal srue vitriol grope hallelujah lentils
ctorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 04:38 PM   #34
Smoothie7745
Minors (Double A)

quick question on waiver trades...I just made one (I'm the Astros, and the guy I made the trade with is the White Sox)....my record is 70-71, so there's no issue for me to claim...but another guy (the Dodgers) has claimed the guy I was sending (C.C. Sabathia). The Dodgers have a record of 87-54 and the Sox have a record of 84-57...so the team that's SUPPOSED to get the guy (Sabathia) has a worse record by three games, but the Dodgers are in my league...now, in the FAQ there it says "favoring your own league"...is that just as a tiebreaker, or is that overall...what I'm asking is this: Are the Dodgers or the White Sox going to get Sabathia if I leave him out there?

(We did the trade straight through waivers out of ignorance...I didn't know doing it as a trade would get it automatically canceled out upon a waiver claim)
RIP, VSL (Houston Astros)
RIP, FBBL (original Oakland A's GM)

Please visit my website:
JasonMarbach.com

And the myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/jasonmarbach

R.I.P. D. K. #57
Smoothie7745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 04:50 PM   #35
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Not the same. If a player is claimed on waivers by a team, he goes to the team with the worst record that claimed him. Since White Sox didn't claim him, and are looking to pick him up in a trade, the Dodgers would win the claim and the player.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:58 PM   #36
Smoothie7745
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D
Not the same. If a player is claimed on waivers by a team, he goes to the team with the worst record that claimed him. Since White Sox didn't claim him, and are looking to pick him up in a trade, the Dodgers would win the claim and the player.
Sorry I wasn't clear. The White Sox and the Dodgers both have a claim on Sabathia.

Please visit my website:
JasonMarbach.com

And the myspace:

R.I.P. D. K. #57
Old 06-15-2005, 05:04 PM   #37
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Why would he claim CC if he's trying to make a trade with you? The team with the worse record should get CC.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:04 PM   #38
Vris
Hall Of Famer

Worse record wins.

Blog it.
Vris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 05:05 PM   #39
Vris
Hall Of Famer

dola,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D
Why would he claim CC if he's trying to make a trade with you? The team with the worse record should get CC.
I think what he's trying to say is that instead of waiving him to trade him, he waived him in the hopes that the White Sox would claim him. He was unclear of the waiver rules regarding trades so he just waived him and was "trading" him to the White Sox in that regard.

No?

Blog it.
Vris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 05:13 PM   #40
Smoothie7745
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vris
dola,

I think what he's trying to say is that instead of waiving him to trade him, he waived him in the hopes that the White Sox would claim him. He was unclear of the waiver rules regarding trades so he just waived him and was "trading" him to the White Sox in that regard.

No?
Yeah, we waived our players (he sent me three prospects, which aren't an issue here for this, I've got them) in an effort to trade them. I claimed his, he claimed mine, and I made a huge deal with the other GMs saying if they claimed the 4 guys in the trade, I'd cut off all trade ties and friendly negotiations with them in the future. Drastic, I know, but with some of the douchebags, you kind of have to. Anyways, the point is we didn't do it actually *as a trade*, we just both agreed on the personnel, put them on waivers, and made the claims. Now the only other guy who has put a claim on Sabathia besides Chicago is the Dodgers, who have a better record by three games but is in my league. So, my question is essentially, who gets the player? The Dodgers or the White Sox?

Thanks for the help.

Please visit my website:
JasonMarbach.com

And the myspace:

R.I.P. D. K. #57