Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 01-21-2020, 05:56 AM   #1
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

Thanks

I just want to say a big thank you to anyone who has been listing auctions at sensible prices over the last couple of weeks. You've done your bit to keep the game moving for those that aren't quite at the perfect Pedro stage yet!
Tinkerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 10:12 PM   #2
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Too bad it's gone. There's a lunatic listing at 10-40 times what things have been costing now. Like all things, it'll pass when he realizes that someone will cut his throat price wise, and quickly.

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.
"Colonics for EVERYONE!"
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 03:48 AM   #3
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

If you liken PT (or more specifically the AH) to a sand pit, there's a lot of people doing stuff in the sand that they shouldn't be at the moment, if you know what I mean...

I'm sure it's way off being realistic, but I'd love to see some kind of seller rating/ability to down vote an auction.

And something more durable than the L7 for recent transactions!!
Old 01-23-2020, 04:11 AM   #4
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

If you don't like an auction, don't bid on it, it's as easy as that. No need to start shaming people, probably by name, with an opaque system that will totally definitely absolutely never be abused by anybody ( ), just because you don't like their ideas of pricing.

I need an (80) Peak Gwynn for the Padres collections. I might pay 5k just to get it over with. The next guy, who doesn't do the collection and would just like to have the card for his team, might find 5k outrageous. So is 5k a "good" or "bad" price now...?

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 04:29 AM   #5
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

I'm fine at evaluating auctions, thanks.

So, if I was looking for Gwynn and the first one I saw listed in a few days was starting at 10k, BIN 20k, I'd be face palming (again) and sighing at the lack of cards to buy (again).

5k is within the realms of sensible - not what I'm talking about.
Old 01-23-2020, 04:34 AM   #6
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

I shouldn't have replied on this topic because it was supposed to just be a thank you!
Old 01-23-2020, 06:30 AM   #7
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

I wish I wouldn't be so lazy to list my cards. I wanted to do it during the christmas holidays but it's so much work. It would probably take like 3 hours just to list all my cards at the 7 day average. I wish there was a system that would do that for you instead of you having to list everything one by one.

F2P Team
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 10:10 AM   #8
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Wasn't advocating shaming or...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
If you don't like an auction, don't bid on it, it's as easy as that. No need to start shaming people, probably by name, with an opaque system that will totally definitely absolutely never be abused by anybody ( ), just because you don't like their ideas of pricing.

I need an (80) Peak Gwynn for the Padres collections. I might pay 5k just to get it over with. The next guy, who doesn't do the collection and would just like to have the card for his team, might find 5k outrageous. So is 5k a "good" or "bad" price now...?
growling about what a reasonable market would bear. Just started seeing low bronze cards that I picked up last week at 50-75 being listed for 4K+ and it irritated me. That's not what the market will bear. Time will heal it, and I have the stony patience of a serial killer when it comes to the AH (Maybe I should change my avatar to Hannibal Lecter?).

Now...the peak Gwynn card? That's a good card at any level, and worth pouring points into...as opposed to 4500 BIN for Andy Karl.

Also, your eyeball is WELL placed, sir! Hope life is treating you well.

"Colonics for EVERYONE!"
Old 01-23-2020, 12:47 PM   #9
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

Hold up, who said anything about naming and shaming? The AH is anonymous anyway. I was thinking in terms of flagging "bad auctions" so new players wouldn't be duped and maybe reduce the amount of massively overpriced listings.

What Ty Cobb described has been all over the AH for 2 weeks. Obviously, that's gonna rapidly change tonight, so all good. But it just seems a bit crazy that the AH can get as out of wack as it has.

Anyway, good luck to anyone gunning for HOF cards later!

Old 01-23-2020, 02:09 PM   #10
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerman View Post
Hold up, who said anything about naming and shaming? The AH is anonymous anyway. I was thinking in terms of flagging "bad auctions" so new players wouldn't be duped and maybe reduce the amount of massively overpriced listings.
Then I read too much into it, but it's also even of less value. Just more pointless bother for the developers. The moment I notice my raptorous auctions have been flagged I delete them and list them again. Nothing gained.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 03:30 PM   #11
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Who determines what is overpriced or not? Anonymous flagging is a ridiculous suggestion that helps nothing. What a complete waste of time for the developers.

Sometimes you just need a collection piece or a premium card that doesn't come up often and don't want to have to keep searching for it, especially for people who can only log in once a day or so. Ultra patience will get you great deals but by the time you finish people have stopped playing the game.

If an auction is too expensive it just sits there and the seller never gets any PP out of it. Maybe if this was fifa and there were hundreds of copies of each card available it makes sense to prevent clogging with stupid listings but where is the real harm in one listing that you don't want to buy?
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 05:53 PM   #12
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

Look, it was an off the cuff comment about a personal tweak that I might make if I could. Please forget it. The point of this thread is at the top and I should have left it at that.

Old 01-23-2020, 11:06 PM   #13
drke
Bat Boy

Don't present suggestions without thinking them through first, or you'll realize that someone will cut your throat. Not to kill you though. Just to make you feel bad for not coming up with a better idea.
drke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 01:13 AM   #14
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Well, my example of overpriced stands...bought the card that someone had listed at 4K for 45 points. Chuckled all the way to the bank. Market forces...they work, God bless 'em!

"Colonics for EVERYONE!"
Old 01-24-2020, 07:12 AM   #15
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Cobb View Post
Well, my example of overpriced stands...bought the card that someone had listed at 4K for 45 points. Chuckled all the way to the bank. Market forces...they work, God bless 'em!
Gladden lists for almost 4k these days. Sure you just didn't get a bottleneck card?

Oh, Andy Karl. nvm.

Last edited by Lemandria; 01-24-2020 at 07:15 AM.
Lemandria is offline   Reply With Quote