Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 06-06-2018, 10:14 PM   #21
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

One bad thing i noticed was that in in league history of a defunct team it has the current year listed with the win loss totals from the last year played. It adds the total which it should not do. However in team history where it lists all the teams the correct years and total team wins and losses are correct.
No player stats seem affected as the 2nd counted year did not list any players.
Just a small issue with defunct teams.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:56 PM   #22
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

For some reason there are a few players that don't retire before the expansion draft. Not a problem though. They are all players retiring anyway so i just release them all from the expansion draft pool so there are no available players to draft. I use free agency to sign all players.

Another thing i noticed is that the hof voting does not seem to show up if you do not have a playoff series. I have no idea why that is the case but i know in my last sim when i had only the NL playing i did not use a playoff system and had no hof vote. Now with the same settings but with a world series it shows up.

The Manager award doesn't seem to work. I guess its when it will kick in later. Though if its voting for a manager in each league im not sure why it cant award one when there is only one league like it does with the other awards.
Right now its not even available.
Old 06-17-2018, 03:37 PM   #23
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

If you do decide to have a playoff for 19th century leagues you will hyave to decide what to do if a defunct team makes the playoff because of its winning pctg.
What i decided to do is just to consider the defunct team inegible for the playoffs since the team no longer exists. I choose the next active team with the best winning pctg. I dont think an active team at the end of the year will be one that has only played 20 games when others have played 60.
Or you could resign the defunct team's players but then you would need to release them again and that would not seem realistic.
Old 06-17-2018, 07:03 PM   #24
guamyank
Minors (Triple A)

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballMan View Post
If you do decide to have a playoff for 19th century leagues you will hyave to decide what to do if a defunct team makes the playoff because of its winning pctg.
What i decided to do is just to consider the defunct team inegible for the playoffs since the team no longer exists. I choose the next active team with the best winning pctg. I dont think an active team at the end of the year will be one that has only played 20 games when others have played 60.
Or you could resign the defunct team's players but then you would need to release them again and that would not seem realistic.
This was the exact problem I faced on my previous attempted playthrough. It bothered me so much that I just started over. There wasn't a clear winner. Well almost exactly...I didnt have a playoff. But a team that only played like 20 games finished with the best winning percentage.

Last edited by guamyank; 06-17-2018 at 07:35 PM.
guamyank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 09:11 PM   #25
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by guamyank View Post
This was the exact problem I faced on my previous attempted playthrough. It bothered me so much that I just started over. There wasn't a clear winner. Well almost exactly...I didnt have a playoff. But a team that only played like 20 games finished with the best winning percentage.
Another thing to think about is do you consider the 1873 Washington team as the same team as the 1872 nationals or 1872 olympics.
I think i am going to have them as 3 separate teams.
Yeah it doesn't make sense that 3 teams would come from one city in 3 years but that's the chaos of the beginning of baseball and that is what makes it more realistic.
Baseball didnt start with a perfect system.
Old 06-23-2018, 04:21 PM   #26
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This is where OOTP could help by giving users three options for ordering teams in the standings: (1) by winning percentage; (2) by games behind; (3) by number of wins. It is that third one which was used by the NA, and by the NL prior to 1883.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 06:39 PM   #27
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
This is where OOTP could help by giving users three options for ordering teams in the standings: (1) by winning percentage; (2) by games behind; (3) by number of wins. It is that third one which was used by the NA, and by the NL prior to 1883.
Yep and the game shouldn't take away the manage award or hof voting if you just have a single league and no world series.
What if the Al went defunct like the American Association and only the National League existed and there never was a world series.
Old 06-23-2018, 06:56 PM   #28
guamyank
Minors (Triple A)

Agree with both you guys...I hope this gets fixed...I expect it will considering the great support this game has.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:42 AM   #29
guamyank
Minors (Triple A)

I'm trying to figure out what schedules to use for 1882. 8 teams in 1 league, 6 in the other. Any suggestions?
Old 06-27-2018, 09:43 AM   #30
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm trying to figure out what schedules to use for 1882. 8 teams in 1 league, 6 in the other. Any suggestions?
I use the AA 1882 schedule and the 1882 NL schedule. You have to import for each league.
I have the AA as league 1.
You will need to set the opening day and league games in options before importing each schedule.
Old 06-27-2018, 11:51 AM   #31
guamyank
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I use the AA 1882 schedule and the 1882 NL schedule. You have to import for each league.
I have the AA as league 1.
You will need to set the opening day and league games in options before importing each schedule.
Oh ya....you've provided all these in the dropbox in this thread, along with a ton of other schedules!

Thanks!
Old 06-27-2018, 04:51 PM   #32
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Oh ya....you've provided all these in the dropbox in this thread, along with a ton of other schedules!

Thanks!
I would advise to still check the schedules because sometimes i don't think it gets the teams right from the schedules. For the most part its correct but for example in 1873 it had the Philadelphia and Baltimore teams backwards.
That makes a big big difference. I saw the Canaries go 6-0 while the other Baltimore team which had played the 6 game schedule in the real NA, had a pitcher go 1-26.
I just use retrosheet and edit the schedule in the game. I tried editing the schedule and saving it from the game but i cant get that to work. So right now i have to edit the schedule within the league.
Old 06-27-2018, 05:26 PM   #33
guamyank
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I would advise to still check the schedules because sometimes i don't think it gets the teams right from the schedules. For the most part its correct but for example in 1873 it had the Philadelphia and Baltimore teams backwards.
That makes a big big difference. I saw the Canaries go 6-0 while the other Baltimore team which had played the 6 game schedule in the real NA, had a pitcher go 1-26.
I just use retrosheet and edit the schedule in the game. I tried editing the schedule and saving it from the game but i cant get that to work. So right now i have to edit the schedule within the league.
Ya, I'll keep an eye on it. A big problem I was having was that I had to use the same number of games played for both sub-divisions. I finally realized a work-around for the issue by simply importing the first sub-division's schedule, and then changing the number of games played in options before importing the second sub-division's schedule. Pretty good trick...hopefully it won't create any issues during the season.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:05 PM   #34
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ya, I'll keep an eye on it. A big problem I was having was that I had to use the same number of games played for both sub-divisions. I finally realized a work-around for the issue by simply importing the first sub-division's schedule, and then changing the number of games played in options before importing the second sub-division's schedule. Pretty good trick...hopefully it won't create any issues during the season.
Yeah it took me a few trys before i figured that out when i first started.
Oh another thing you need to do when you have a single league is uncheck interleague in options or the schedule import wont work.

Last edited by BaseballMan; 06-27-2018 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:50 PM   #35
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Things are getting even better with 19th century play.
I was able to get the game to perform all the historical expansion without have to change any ids after the 1st season.
I started a league on 12/22/2018 and simmed from 1871-1899 by 01/06/2019. All with players on correct teams. I am updating my dropbox.
I have found that going with a league wide rotation doesnt always work so im working on team rotation sizes.
Anyway here are the teams.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 01-18-2019, 04:52 PM   #36
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Perhaps you're too modest BaseballMan so I'll say it for you. This should definitely be stickied for the guide in the first couple of posts.

OOTP post re-FG IDs here: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...postcount=3198

My DB which restores Fed Leaguers here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZoN...B2GCcULxt/view

Instructions for the DB: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...07&postcount=9

actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 06:13 PM   #37
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Perhaps you're too modest BaseballMan so I'll say it for you. This should definitely be stickied for the guide in the first couple of posts.
Thanks.
I have been helped so much by the community so i try to do the same.
I will try to update when i complete this sim.
I still cant believe i was able to sim from 1871-1920 in less than a month with the 19th century players playing on the correct teams.

Here is an example. I think i got all Mathews teams correct.
Attached Images
Old 01-18-2019, 06:16 PM   #38
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks.
I have been helped so much by the community so i try to do the same.
I will try to update when i complete this sim.
I still cant believe i was able to sim from 1871-1920 in less than a month with the 19th century players playing on the correct teams.

Here is an example. I think i got all Mathews teams correct.
He should be a HoFer methinks, although I can't see the pitching stats, so...

My DB which restores Fed Leaguers here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZoN...B2GCcULxt/view

Old 01-19-2019, 12:26 PM   #39
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Here is Bobby Mathews pitching stats along with stas form Cy Young and Cap Anson.
I'm not really sure why but it seems like the computer thinks Cy Young should be a reliever from 1893-1895.
He probably lost close to a 100 wins.
I had to set him in the rotation for 1893-1895 and he was terrible. His real stats from those years should make him a top starter.
The game seems to favor a pitcher that went 3-1 over a pitcher that was 12-10. Maybe games started should hold a little more weight?
Easy not to lose 20 games when you didnt start 20 games.
Another thing is that when i got to 1920 the computer is still trying to make Babe Ruth the starting pitcher.
I changed recal from 3 to 1 year and now it took him out of the rotation.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 01-21-2019, 12:46 AM   #40
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Here is Bobby Mathews pitching stats along with stas form Cy Young and Cap Anson.
I'm not really sure why but it seems like the computer thinks Cy Young should be a reliever from 1893-1895.
He probably lost close to a 100 wins.
I had to set him in the rotation for 1893-1895 and he was terrible. His real stats from those years should make him a top starter.
The game seems to favor a pitcher that went 3-1 over a pitcher that was 12-10. Maybe games started should hold a little more weight?
Easy not to lose 20 games when you didnt start 20 games.
Another thing is that when i got to 1920 the computer is still trying to make Babe Ruth the starting pitcher.
I changed recal from 3 to 1 year and now it took him out of the rotation.
The 27 HR outlier for Cap Anson in 1884 is interesting. Perhaps he was onto Brown-Sequard elixir five years before Pud Galvin used it. Dunh, dunh, dunh!