Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 03-31-2018, 04:04 PM   #21
RavensFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks.
But before posting, I did what you have pictured in two and three. I had those same three downloads on my list... I installed them then added server. Used this Http://OOTPmods.com/mods/ootp18.xml but changed the ootp18 to ootp19. Was that wrong?

No other downloads pop up. I see all the downloads you have in your picture four. I just do not know how to access those. That's what I want. Like I say, I just get those first three.

Sorry to keep asking questions. I think I'm close just don't know how to get there.
RavensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 04:14 PM   #22
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Removed because I mistakenly gave out wrong information.

Last edited by actionjackson; 04-17-2018 at 12:38 AM.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 04:24 PM   #23
RavensFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

OK. If I make the change, that should bring up the other downloads on the list?
Old 03-31-2018, 04:37 PM   #24
Reed
All Star Starter

Yes, put in 18 instead of 19 and you will have access to a bunch of stuff-pictures, logos, etc.. After you download, you need to go into settings, facegen tab, and select the option to use phots instead of facegen.
Reed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 04:42 PM   #25
RavensFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Excellent. I appreciate your patience.

This game looks like a lot of fun if you want to be a commissioner, create leagues, do drafts, etc.

I just want to play old teams. By the way, how are the results determined, by chance or actual statistics?

Finally, how can I create my own line ups?
Old 03-31-2018, 05:03 PM   #26
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensFan View Post
Excellent. I appreciate your patience.

This game looks like a lot of fun if you want to be a commissioner, create leagues, do drafts, etc.

I just want to play old teams. By the way, how are the results determined, by chance or actual statistics?

Finally, how can I create my own line ups?
The results are determined by the game engine, which uses RL stats (in the case of historical games) to produce ratings, which in turn produce stats in the game. It's all kind of under the hood really, but it doesn't matter if you sim or play each game out, the results will be the same, except that you can have some influence if you play out the games. How much is anybody's guess, but I don't think it's as much as we might like to think it is.

You can create your own line-ups when you take charge of a team.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 08:09 PM   #27
RavensFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I did what you advised.

I re-installed the three downloads in the Add-on Central. I renamed the server with oopt18 not ootp19.

But no other downloads show up like in your picture four. It's still the same three downloads.

What am I doing wrong?
Old 03-31-2018, 08:15 PM   #28
RavensFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Whoops, got it!

I used a cut and paste link that had some capital letters and some lower case. I retyped using just lower case and it worked.
Old 04-01-2018, 12:27 AM   #29
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensFan View Post
All the old guys look like modern 23 year olds.
They do because the game come only with the current players FaceGen. You must download a FG set to have them all, no idea if they are already in the game workshop since I have always used my own created FG since the beginning.

The complete set (1871 to 1959)

Just the update (1950 to 1959)
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 10:56 AM   #30
RavensFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I went into Add-on Central and downloaded the files I wanted. Then I installed them. Then I extracted them and they became folders and I can see all the pictures when I open that folder. I then deleted the zip folders.

I noticed that the game programs comes with "dafault data" zip files with items like ballcap_files, ballpark_files, logo_files, etc. So I tried extracting those but I get a Compressed Folder Error which says,

"Compressedd (zipped) Folders was unable to create the specified directory. Ensure that the directory does not already exist, and that the path entered is valid."

Do I extract these files, and given this error message, how do I extract them?

AND NOW THE GAME KEEPS CRASHING!!! First time, it crashed after three pitches. Now, it crashes after the first pitch.

I adjusted the player size to 120 but I cannot see the ball.

I adjusted the ball to bigger and the player size to 130 and I cannot see the ball and the screen has black boxes.

And IT CRASHES EVERYTIME!

What is happening?

Last edited by RavensFan; 04-01-2018 at 11:07 AM.