Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 03-30-2018, 05:34 PM   #1
RavensFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Angry Overwhelming to start this game

Just installed the new version. Never played OOTP before.

All I want to do is play historic season games, maybe not even a full season. Just log in, pick a couple teams from say 1905 and play.

I'd like to use ballparks and player photos. No Facegen stuff, real photos.

I'm just now finished setting up the manager name and I'm in the Manager's Office. Please, I just want to play the game! But where do I start the game?

Help! I want to import historic ballparks, clicked on the Mike Silva Mediafire download but I cannot find the ballparks.

I cannot find the play game button, I want realistic icons, images and photos of the era.

What can I do?
RavensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 05:41 PM   #2
Scoman
All Star Starter

Historical exhibition on the start screen
Scoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 05:58 PM   #3
RavensFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Great! I did find the start game button.... play seems good.

Still want to install logos, photos and ballparks.

How do I do that?
Old 03-30-2018, 06:13 PM   #4
JaBurns
All Star Starter

For the ballparks you have to unzip the download into your ballparks folder in OOTP 19.
JaBurns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 06:24 PM   #5
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Historical logos are in the game already.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 08:09 PM   #6
RavensFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Not sure what this means.

I found ballparks folder "default data"... clicked on "ballpark files", "ballparks",see a bunch of Chrome HTML Documents and PNGs but they are all modern ballparks.

Not sure what Unzip means or what needs to be unzipped. I want to import old ballparks and logos. The 1905 Giants have the current San Fran logo.

And I see Facegen in the historical exhibition game but I'd rather have realpictures. How do I import ballparks and pictures. Where do they come from? How do you "unzip" something?

Sorry, I'm a teenager and new to all this.

Last edited by RavensFan; 03-30-2018 at 08:13 PM.
Old 03-30-2018, 11:29 PM   #7
skcarls
Bat Boy

First time user of the game, have a somewhat similar question and could not find how to start a post, so I'm tagging on here. I want to be able to control more than 1 team during the 2018 regular season (as manager). As far as I can tell, the game allows just you to just manage 1 team, all the others will be simmed. Is this true or can I somehow set the game to control as many teams as I want to during the season?
skcarls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 01:39 AM   #8
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

default data directory -- should not need to do anything unless you deleted something after installation -- something tells me that you did not do anythign like this.

if a logo's name matches with a city/nickname etc, it should automatically be used by any game created..

"baltimore orioles" will auto-load an orioles logo -- you can change this later, if you want to. but any fictional team you create that shares the right syntax with the file names, it will auto-select that logo/cap/jersey etc.

if oyu want to import a historical park -- go to Team Home -> Team settings tab (read screen to find it = gui). on the right side of this team settings tab you can edit the ballpark. you may or may not need commissioner mode on.. if there's no button to edit ballpark, then you need it on.

import a park is an option on this new screen. you can "filter" if you know a name of the park you want, or just look through the very long list. tip on filter -- use 1 word from the name that's fairly unique.. then you don't have to worry about variations not showing up in the filter.

comerica, enron, etc.. (does it have enron as a classic park or just renamed? lol bad example, i guess)

the parks should be auto-loaded if they were used in that year of your league, i would think.. i don't do a ton of historic play, but this would be consistent with how these files are auto-selected. if oyu are trying to use somethign NOT from that specific year, you will have to manually select it.

facegen: Global Settings -> PLayers and face gen tab... all the settings you need for that and which to 'prefer'. if a photo exists it may still fall back to a generated picture. there may not be 'photos' for 1905 players?

skcarls:

"new topic" or "new thread" is at the top of any forum subsection. maybe at the bottom too? but definiteyl at the top. -- like the "post reply" here. same spot but in the subforum, not a thread like this.

you can make multiple human managers, then "act as" is an option in the menu at the top where you see your manager's/GM name in menu. or, maybe it's under MLB/League name in menu at top -- 2 spaces to check due to my failing memory

as a side not, you can "act as" an AI gm, but once you return to your team, it will revert to AI control -- e.g. any depth chart changes you made will revert the moment you act as your team and sim 1 day.

so, you definiteyl want to create some more human GM's. then apply to some jobes after you select them as active manager... or with commissioner mode on you can sleec the team, fire current gm and hir your new human gm etc etc... have commissioner mode on while you do this.

yup, your "name" at top for the menu -- Other Human Managers option to creat or edit one... and also the "Act as" option is there too... looks liek you'd want "Select Active Manager" under "other human managers" option to control another human team.

Last edited by NoOne; 03-31-2018 at 01:43 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 08:55 AM   #9
RavensFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for the detailed instructions.

Here's my problem:

I'm in Historical Exhibition. I do not see a Home Team tab or Team Setting. It has a ballpark button and I used Forbes Field but a modern default field comes up.

And I really dislike the silly FaceGen images. I'd like to get real photos.

Also, the uniforms are modern and so are the logos except for extinct teams like the Brooklyn Suprebas.

Are there any downloads for ballparks and pictures? If we already have old ballparks in the program, how do I get them into a Historical Exhibition?

How do I import real player photos?

Thanks,

Last edited by RavensFan; 03-31-2018 at 08:58 AM.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:33 AM   #10
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

I'm not sure what has been currently added yet, but if you are new to the game, I would think the easiest thing to do would be to get an "All-in-one" mod that fits what you are trying to do.

There is something called "Add-Ons Central" in one of the first menu screens when you open the game; that is where you can download basically all-in-one templates for historical starts etc...

Here is the folder link:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=252024
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 09:43 AM   #11
Reed
All Star Starter

To download photos and historical parks you need to open game—the screen that says historical, or quick start, or exhibition, or a couple other options. At the bottom of the screen they have version number and build. In small print bottom left you will see some the like add on central, click that. On the next screen on bottom right you will see a servor for OOTP and an option to add another server. Add another server. Http://OOTPmods.com/mods/ootp18.xml
It hasn’t been updated but should still work. You will see all sorts of goodies you can download and the will automatically be installed on you game when you hit download and then install when it tells you to.
After you installed, you will need to select “setting on the opening screen before you select you league, go to face gen tab and near the bottom of that drop down you need to select load photos first (or something like that).

To get the historical ballparks in for your team (after you downloaded historical ballparks) you need to select the team home page, settings, edit ballpark and one of the tabs (it might be ballpark and pictures-I don’t remember off hand but there is a spot for 3D fueled. Select that and if you did the download, you will have a ton of parks included with the modern ones that came with the game. I don’t use the historical since I always ran into problems. Their is a separate mods section on this forum and I STRONGLY recommend looking through that.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 10:06 AM   #12
Reed
All Star Starter

Also, go very slowly when starting out. Basically just replaying a season like 1905 might be a good way to get started, especially just playing as a manager. After that, GM with finances off and later on, with finances on. Plan to spend about 50 hours playing and getting use to the various tabs (maybe I’m a slow learner but after a 1000 hours I’m still learning things and some things I have yet to try).
You will feel overwhelmed at first but that is because there are so many options.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 12:57 PM   #13
RavensFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

OK, I opened the game and found the add-on central at the bottom of the page.

I saw three downloads, something skinfiles for OOTP dark and classic and 19. No ballparks or pictures. I downloaded, installed, added server.

This link: . Http://OOTPmods.com/mods/ootp18.xml no longer has a webpage. I changed the http setting when I added the server to /ootp19.xml since this is the 19 version. I guess that's right.

Where are the ballpark downloads and thereal player picture downloads? These Facegen pics are horrible--Honus Wagner looks like a skateboarder.

When I go into my Historiical Exhibition to play the next game in my world series, there is no Home Team page, just roster pages.

SO my issues are, I do not know where to find historical parks or pictures to download since I only saw the three downloads in Add-on Central, (OOTP 19, OOTP dark, OOTP classic).

Can I add anything to the Add-on Central Download list to install?

And, I cannot find the Home Team page to make any setting adjustments.

Where are these mod sections?

Last edited by RavensFan; 03-31-2018 at 01:29 PM.
Old 03-31-2018, 02:00 PM   #14
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensFan View Post
OK, I opened the game and found the add-on central at the bottom of the page.

I saw three downloads, something skinfiles for OOTP dark and classic and 19. No ballparks or pictures. I downloaded, installed, added server.

This link: . Http://OOTPmods.com/mods/ootp18.xml no longer has a webpage. I changed the http setting when I added the server to /ootp19.xml since this is the 19 version. I guess that's right.

Where are the ballpark downloads and thereal player picture downloads? These Facegen pics are horrible--Honus Wagner looks like a skateboarder.

When I go into my Historiical Exhibition to play the next game in my world series, there is no Home Team page, just roster pages.

SO my issues are, I do not know where to find historical parks or pictures to download since I only saw the three downloads in Add-on Central, (OOTP 19, OOTP dark, OOTP classic).

Can I add anything to the Add-on Central Download list to install?

And, I cannot find the Home Team page to make any setting adjustments.

Where are these mod sections?
Honus Wagner does not look like a skateboarder with the proper mod. Honus Wagner looks like...Well, Honus Wagner (see first image).

As for Add-Ons Central go into File > Add-Ons Central (in-game). A menu will pop up. Click on Add a Server (bottom right, highlighted in blue in second image). Enter the url that I have provided in the third image in the space where I put it, and click on Save. You will now have more mods than you know what to do with. Simply click download next to the mod that you want (fourth image). Once it is downloaded, it will change to install. Click install to install the selected mod, and voila it's in there, no muss, no fuss.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 02:06 PM   #15
RavensFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I will try when I get home later tonight.

Are there real player photos I can use instead of these Facegen things?

Honestly, Wagner does look like a skateboarder. All the old guys look like modern 23 year olds.

Last edited by RavensFan; 03-31-2018 at 02:32 PM.
Old 03-31-2018, 02:12 PM   #16
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I will try when I get home later tonight.

Are there real player photos I can use instead of these Facegen things?

Honestly, Wagner does look like a skateboarder. All the old guys look like modern 23 year olds.
Did you even look at the Honus Wagner I posted? Because he doesn't look like a skateboarder. He looks like Honus freakin' Wagner. But yes, there are historical photos and historical facegens, and they are available in that huge list of mods that are easy as pie to download and install.
Old 03-31-2018, 02:34 PM   #17
RavensFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

There is no "File" in the historical exhibitions section.

I tell ya, this is so confusing. Why do they not just add the ballparks and real life pictures with the game?
Old 03-31-2018, 02:41 PM   #18
RavensFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yes, I saw your Facegen. I don't know how to make a picture from my computer. I make a screen grab but do not know how to post it. It wants a URL... but all the players look basically alike, all look 23. I can prove it and you will see what I mean.

Perhaps it's the default. Mine looks nothing like what you posted. And I do not have a file to choose when I play the historical exhibition. Just set up for teams, rosters and play ball.

I'm not trying to be difficult, but where do I find all these mods with the photos and ballparks. Do you have any links?
Old 03-31-2018, 02:43 PM   #19
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
There is no "File" in the historical exhibitions section.

I tell ya, this is so confusing. Why do they not just add the ballparks and real life pictures with the game?
Licensing.
Old 03-31-2018, 02:48 PM   #20
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes, I saw your Facegen. I don't know how to make a picture from my computer. I make a screen grab but do not know how to post it. It wants a URL... but all the players look basically alike, all look 23. I can prove it and you will see what I mean.

Perhaps it's the default. Mine looks nothing like what you posted. And I do not have a file to choose when I play the historical exhibition. Just set up for teams, rosters and play ball.

I'm not trying to be difficult, but where do I find all these mods with the photos and ballparks. Do you have any links?
You have the default facegens yes. The one I posted is from the historical facegen pack designed by a dedicated bunch of modders who made damn near 20,000 of them. I now have 36,000 facegens in my file thanks to those guys.

I don't know much about historical exhibition, so I can't help you there.

I told you in the previous post where to get these mods. I even provided three pictures to show you how it's done. I know it's difficult and overwhelming but hang in there and you'll figure it out.