Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 03-24-2018, 12:09 AM   #1
Tigers19
Bat Boy

New to the game - a few questions before buying

First this game looks amazing I have no idea how I haven't come across this game before now.

Considering purchasing OOTP 19, but have a few questions hoping to get some answers here.

1. If I purchase this game on my Macbook through the app store could I also use a version on my Mac desktop? Thinking it might be nice to have it on my laptop but also would enjoy the larger screen size on my desktop.

2. Approximately how large is the saved files for this game? I have limited space on my Macbook and afraid that this may take up too much of my hard drive. Is it possible to run this game off an external hard drive?? Or at least have my saved games on a external hard drive. And plug the drive in when continuing a save game. Does anyone else do this?

Appreciate any answers to these questions.
Tigers19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 03:33 AM   #2
DB930
Major Leagues

I can try to answer at least a couple of those:

- It used to be that the key you got with your purchase was good for 3 PCs, but I don't see any mention of that this year, so that must've been changed at some point. But because you can de-activate and re-activate your license as many times as you want (I think?), you could have the game installed on 2 computers at the same time, and just move your active license back and forth between whichever one you're using at the time.

- The game I had going in OOTP 18 had been running for over 100 seasons (1871-1977), with MLB + 4 levels of minors, and small leagues in over 20 other countries. So about as massive as you could possibly get. When I converted it to 19, it came in around 2.5 GB. So I would say that's close to as big as any save you'll ever have, and most will be a lot smaller, depending on how many seasons they go and how many leagues are in it.

- I don't run it off an external drive, but I don't see why you couldn't.
DB930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 05:50 AM   #3
Tigers19
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB930 View Post

- It used to be that the key you got with your purchase was good for 3 PCs, but I don't see any mention of that this year, so that must've been changed at some point. But because you can de-activate and re-activate your license as many times as you want (I think?), you could have the game installed on 2 computers at the same time, and just move your active license back and forth between whichever one you're using at the time.

- The game I had going in OOTP 18 had been running for over 100 seasons (1871-1977), with MLB + 4 levels of minors, and small leagues in over 20 other countries. So about as massive as you could possibly get. When I converted it to 19, it came in around 2.5 GB. So I would say that's close to as big as any save you'll ever have, and most will be a lot smaller, depending on how many seasons they go and how many leagues are in it.

Thanks for the information. Games saves seem very reasonable, I was thinking it would be huge with how much detail is in this game.
Tigers19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 09:09 AM   #4
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB930 View Post

FYI we get two licenses now. It's been like that since at least OOTP 11.
slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 09:47 AM   #5
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugga27 View Post
FYI we get two licenses now. It's been like that since at least OOTP 11.
It was never 3 always 2 since v5 AFAIK.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 05:45 PM   #6
DB930
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
It was never 3 always 2 since v5 AFAIK.
Shows you how long I've been playing. And how often I use more than 1 key.

So you do still get 2 activations? I couldn't find any mention of a number, either on the website or in the e-mail I got with my purchase, so I thought maybe they'd dropped it to just 1.
DB930 is offline   Reply With Quote