Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 11-28-2015, 06:37 PM   #1
Rayzor
All Star Starter

Need Help...Windows 10 update (11/27/15) has Un-License OOTP16

I just had a big update from Microsoft for Windows 10 after the update I went into OOTP 15 & 16 & find both programs have been Un-License by the update, but when I enter License Key the serial number is already listed and when I activate game I got "there is no more licenses for this serial number". I have only used 1 licenses on OOTP16. Why is a update un-licensing a game

Any help work be great
Rayzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 07:06 PM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

File a support ticket to get your license reset.

Ideally, you should have unlicensed OOTP prior to upgrading Windows.

You should try to un-license it now, uninstall and reinstall, then see if your license works.

Support will reset your lost license, just explain to them what happened.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 07:10 PM   #3
Rayzor
All Star Starter

Have all ready submit a ticket, had other updates from Microsoft with no issues. I'll try & unstalling/reinstalling it.
Old 11-28-2015, 08:02 PM   #4
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor View Post
Have all ready submit a ticket, had other updates from Microsoft with no issues. I'll try & unstalling/reinstalling it.
Just because something didn't happen in the past doesn't mean it will never happen in the future. Computers can be wonky, software updates can be wonky. Different things gets affected.

If there's one thing you should understand about computers and software, it's that they can't be understood.

There was a post made some time ago by the Developer suggesting that anyone upgrading to Win10 should unlicensed OOTP 1st. That's why I mentioned it.

G/L with your ticket.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 09:52 PM   #5
Rayzor
All Star Starter

I updated to Windows 10 back in July, this is was a big update they did on Friday.
Old 11-29-2015, 10:38 PM   #6
Jason_Leznek
Bat Boy

This should really be looked into by the licensing technology developers. As Windows 10 will be updated on a more rapid basis now, perhaps monthly if you are on a faster Insider ring, this can happen every couple months for some users. It seems the licensing technology is looking at something specific, perhaps a computer registry key, to check to see if it is the same PC. If that check can change on a somewhat regular basis, then it is no longer a valid check to use and will lead to user frustration and costly help tickets for OOTP.
Jason_Leznek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 12:49 AM   #7
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

unless you have a touch screen or a specific reason, go back to win7, lol.

i have no problem learnign to click in new places or this or that type of stuff. however, i don't like all the privacy issues of win 10 and the things it assumes it may do by default - like share your internet connection to upload updates to other users.. utter nonsense that you have to turn that off, especially as isp's start to enforce bandwidth caps.

it's a really bad sign of other possible nonsense. they are willing to assume they can push you to do what they want with their product and take advantage of those who don't even know it's happening. i've had to set up quite a few friends' computers, and they had no idea MS was stealing their bandwidth.

i don't know if it changed, but the settings are all over the place too... it hasn't fully moved them all to "my settings." so, you have to look in 2 different places (ignoring subcategories) to make sure it's not doing somethign you don't like.

it wants you constantly connected to their store and logged in with a ms account too, sure you can avoid it, but some of the functionality is tied in even though it doesn't require the store.

my win 7 loads up within 10-12 seconds after post (after it says "loading operating system"). win 10 is slower than molasses loading up. yeah, i know about he "fast boot" option, lol. a joke.

i think win 10 is better for smartphones and pads than laptops and desktops.

win vista,7,8 are all essentially the same under the hood. i think win 10 is part of that group, but i can't remember, so it should last nearly as long as far as running software. it's supposedly a smaller footprint and such, but it's terribly slow at what it does.

Last edited by NoOne; 12-02-2015 at 12:51 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 02:41 AM   #8
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
File a support ticket to get your license reset.
Windows 10 just did a major update to version 1511.

Lost OOTP 13,14,15,16. Where does the request go to re-licence?

Thanks.

JP
Old 05-02-2016, 05:01 PM   #9
MBLNGNG
Bat Boy

I am having the same issue. I delete and reload OOTP16 finally able to get game to load but when I exit get error message regarding delete saved games.dat and do but when I reopen the game it is unlicensed again.

Help
MBLNGNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:05 AM   #10
old fat bald guy
Minors (Triple A)

Different issue after upgrading to Windows 10: License is fine, game loads from Steam, but on the start screen I get an error message that OOTP requires OpenGL version 1.4 or newer. I loaded my save game and snooped around and noticed that there had been a lot of promotions and demotions in my minor-league system, and the affected players had not been switched to the hats of their new teams.

Microsoft forums are spectacularly unhelpful on this. Also tried to adjust compatibility of the program to Windows 7, and got a message from Windows that OOTP is incompatible -- which, of course, is malarkey. Windows 10 says my drivers for the display adapter are up to date.

1.4 is an ancient version of OpenGL, correct? So this seems weird.

I loaded several other games from my Steam library (Crusader Kings II, Eastside Hockey Manager, Football Manager 2015) and got no error messages.

Incidentally, I tried to make this a new thread and got an error message that I wasn't authorized to do that in this forum, which also seems odd.

Last edited by old fat bald guy; 06-27-2016 at 10:08 AM.
old fat bald guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 03:46 PM   #11
old fat bald guy
Minors (Triple A)

OK, I figured it out with the help of some Intel forum stuff. Pretty damn complicated.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:38 AM   #12
old fat bald guy
Minors (Triple A)

Yeah, it's kaput again. Can't stop Windows Update from doing its updating. Went back to Windows 7, also posted in an OOTP17 forum that seems to be on point for this.