Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 16 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 07-13-2015, 07:43 PM   #1
LarryDu4
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Upgrading to Version 16

I am currently running an "as played" simulation which started in the 1950 season. I have played all games as manager of the Red Sox to June 20, 1953 in OOTP V14. If I upgrade to OOTP V16 will there be some convoluted procedure to continue this process, or will it be a fairly automatic and straightforward procedure?
LarryDu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:54 PM   #2
RchW
Hall Of Famer

If you don't have v15 you need to download and install the demo or unlicensed version. Import your v14 league to v15 and then import it to v16. Most of the time this is clear sailing but you should backup your v14 league and maybe read a few posts on importing leagues. Custom logos and other stuff may require other work. I'm not able to help with that.

I'm sure someone else will chime in.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 03:29 AM   #3
LarryDu4
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for your reply...it was exactly what I meant by "convoluted." So, second question: Can I download V16 and run each version independently?
Old 07-14-2015, 09:51 AM   #4
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Yes of course. You can make a new league in v16 and continue with your existing league. I have four versions of OOTP installed.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 02:55 PM   #5
LarryDu4
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks again to RichW. Keeping the versions separate seems like the best way to go in my case. I can continue my historical replay in V14 and attempt to recreate a fantasy league in the newer version...the game is amazing but it certainly has a challenging learning curve...particularly for the technologically challenged