Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-20-2015, 08:26 AM   #1
bourboncream
Minors (Single A)

Can I be the Portland Mavericks?

Not literally, but can I recreate that? Add a team in Single-A ball, in one of the leagues/divisions and make them independent? No affiliation, just able to sign my own players etc, release, no worries about call-ups and all self financed as such?
bourboncream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 08:41 AM   #2
bourboncream
Minors (Single A)

Also if its possible, could I add a team into an existing league, say the NorthWest for example based on the Mavs' and then have a empty roster and need to scout and fill it myself? Or would I be taking over an existing team roster and their commitments?
Old 03-20-2015, 10:51 AM   #3
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Yes and Yes. You can freeze team rosters so there are no call-ups and you can have them independent where that wouldn't be a problem anyways.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 11:31 AM   #4
bourboncream
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Yes and Yes. You can freeze team rosters so there are no call-ups and you can have them independent where that wouldn't be a problem anyways.
Sounds good, any ideas how I go about that?

For example I swap out 'A' team from the Northwest League, add in a new team etc

What worries me is:

1 - Putting this new team in, would I get a clear roster ie no players at all, or would I just takeover the players from the team ive overwritten?
2 - What contracts would these players have? Would they still be on their original deals tied to the big league club, or would I have full say on what they are paid?
3 - How do the financials work if I do this? Will my team be reliant on our own revenue streams? Can I manage the team contracts based on that? ie pay my own players, using my own terms as such?

I basically want to be Bing Russell Scour the market for the cast offs, those who didnt make it. Sign them to deals that are within the budget I can generate as an Independent team and then play.... and go on from there.

Sounds like its possible but to what extent I really need to know before committing time into getting the game off and running.

Cheers,
Old 03-20-2015, 12:17 PM   #5
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

If they come in as an expansion team ,you can choose not to have an expansion draft then freeze the roster so no free agents can sign then you can go about making your team.

Not too sure about player contracts,etc.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:23 PM   #6
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

To be honest, you wouldn't have much fun doign it in OOTP because it won't work the same way. But yes, you could totally do it in an affiliated league and create an extra team that's independent. Not really hard to do at all. It just won't be as fun unless you only want to manage the games and even then...

But in the OOTP Mods forum, there are a number of Portland Mavericks jerseys and logos and caps.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:43 PM   #7
bourboncream
Minors (Single A)

Unless im doing something wrong, I cant see how to apply financials to it - it says my player contracts are Minor League and there is no access to financial information?

Shame as I fancied a revival of sorts after watching the Battered B'stards of Baseball
Old 03-20-2015, 10:22 PM   #8
nebradska
Minors (Triple A)

You have to set the league up as an independent league first and set the financials you want, then affiliate the league. It will still say "No Financials" on the league page, but any team that isn't affiliated with operate under the financials you had set up before affiliating the league.
nebradska is offline   Reply With Quote