Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 07-09-2014, 05:19 PM   #1
battists
Hall Of Famer

Smile I want your league!

Hey folks, I want your league!

I enjoy playing OOTP, but half the time, I end up spending all of my time creating a world, tracking down logos, and so on, and by the time my league is ready, I have run out of free time, and I don't and up playing at all! So, I figured, why not take advantage of someone else's labor of love? I haven't been able to find many Quickstart files out there that interest me.

So, I am looking for someone to give me a save file of their league, if it meets certain broad criteria. Mainly, I am looking for:

1. Must be a fictional league.

2. Must have nice logos. Custom uniforms would be even better!

3. Prefer at least three levels of minor leagues.

4. I am more about the stories then I am about the statistics, so I love a league with a bit of a backstory.

5. I want a relatively stable game, so I guess I would prefer something that is not too far out there in terms of complexity.

Apart from that, I am really not too fussy about rules and so forth.

In return, I would be happy to tell you what happens in my parallel universe, assuming that I ever get enough time to play to make it worthwhile.

So, if your league fits the bill, let me know a bit about it!
Old 07-09-2014, 05:41 PM   #2
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Talking

I've got a 24 team fictional league (2 sub leagues of two six-team divisions each) with four levels of minors, NCAA and high school feeder leagues, and all the teams have nice logos. The AAA, AA and A teams are in cities near the main franchise. It's certainly nothing special but it looks like it meets your needs.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:46 PM   #3
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

See the graphics mod forum for an upcoming quick start that I plan to share at OOTPMods. Every team except one was created by me...stadiums made, weather, etc.

I've been working on it for awhile but I'll bump this thread when it's ready.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:49 PM   #4
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

Well, there was once this league set in the fictional world of Laseron...

Good to see a familiar name...

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:02 PM   #5
da commish
All Star Reserve

Minnesota Baseball Association

I created a couple Minnesota based quickstarts, fictional, 5 minors, college and high school feeders, etc. They both seem to be pretty stable as I have simmed them several times before I posted them. I would be honored if you gave them a try.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...125-post1.html
da commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:05 PM   #6
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

HHoNA – Hardball Heroes of North America

Fictional – 16 teams, 2 sub leagues, 8 teams per league. Teams play a 132 game schedule. 12 games (6H, 6A) against teams in own league. 6 games (3H, 3A) against teams of other league.

3 levels of minors, AAA, AA, R. All levels have custom uni’s, logos. All leagues have custom league logo. Minors are nothing fancy but I’m somewhat proud of my creation for the main league.

The ML also has custom All-Star game logos.

The teams of this league are from Canada, USA, and Mexico.There are 6 Canadian Teams and 2 US in the CANUS (Canada/US) League. The MEXUS(Mexico/US) League has 2 Mexican Teams and 6 US.

Original players were all from Canada, US, Mexico. Draftpool contains players from a host of Nations, plus there are a few international amateur FA’s, International established FA’s, and Independent league FA’s that enter each year.

Only the top team (Div winner) makes post season. Teams play a best of 9 for the National Hardball Championship.

I find this league to be a lot of fun. 16 teams is a nice amount that I can get to know the players pretty quickly.

League starts on Jan 1, ready for inaugural draft.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 07-10-2014 at 09:02 AM.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:00 PM   #7
EKomrska15
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
See the graphics mod forum for an upcoming quick start that I plan to share at OOTPMods. Every team except one was created by me...stadiums made, weather, etc.

I've been working on it for awhile but I'll bump this thread when it's ready.
Is this quick start somewhere?
EKomrska15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:16 AM   #8
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
HHoNA – Hardball Heroes of North America

Fictional – 16 teams, 2 sub leagues, 1 division, 8 teams per. Teams play a 132 game schedule. 12 games (6H, 6A) against teams in own league. 6 games (3H, 3A) against teams of other league.

3 levels of minors, AAA, AA, R. All levels have custom uni’s, logos. All leagues have custom league logo. Minors are nothing fancy but I’m somewhat proud of my creation for the main league.

The ML also has custom All-Star game logos.

The teams of this league are from Canada, USA, and Mexico.There are 6 Canadian Teams and 2 US in the CANUS (Canada/US) League. The MEXUS(Mexico/US) League has 2 Mexican Teams and 6 US.

Original players were all from Canada, US, Mexico. Draftpool contains players from a host of Nations, plus there are a few international amateur FA’s, International established FA’s, and Independent league FA’s that enter each year.

Only the top team (Div winner) makes post season. Teams play a best of 9 for the National Hardball Championship.

I find this league to be a lot of fun. 16 teams is a nice amount that I can get to know the players pretty quickly.

League starts on Jan 1, ready for inaugural draft.
Can you share that?
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:09 AM   #9
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk View Post
Can you share that?
I certainly can - just need somewhere to upload it to.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:33 AM   #10
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
Hey folks, I want your league!

I enjoy playing OOTP, but half the time, I end up spending all of my time creating a world, tracking down logos, and so on, and by the time my league is ready, I have run out of free time, and I don't and up playing at all! So, I figured, why not take advantage of someone else's labor of love? I haven't been able to find many Quickstart files out there that interest me.

So, I am looking for someone to give me a save file of their league, if it meets certain broad criteria. Mainly, I am looking for:

1. Must be a fictional league.

2. Must have nice logos. Custom uniforms would be even better!

3. Prefer at least three levels of minor leagues.

4. I am more about the stories then I am about the statistics, so I love a league with a bit of a backstory.

5. I want a relatively stable game, so I guess I would prefer something that is not too far out there in terms of complexity.

Apart from that, I am really not too fussy about rules and so forth.

In return, I would be happy to tell you what happens in my parallel universe, assuming that I ever get enough time to play to make it worthwhile.

So, if your league fits the bill, let me know a bit about it!
interested in my EBL vs MLB league? full version is around 648 MB stripped down version is 148. i can send you uniform files for the eBL & CBF then you can decide what to put in. custom uniforms for all teams. 2 levels of minors but i have cities for A & R just have not added them yet.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...12-beyond.html

Only issue with the league is i can not access Fa thru the FA screen ican get to them thru the GM screen though. Next patch should fix that. started in 1999 now in 2021.
i also have a new version of my ABF league started in 1876. i plan on simming to 2000 then taking over. 16-20 teams as of 2000. 4 levels of minors.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:32 PM   #11
battists
Hall Of Famer

These are all awesome ideas, thanks!! Working with one or two people to try out their leagues, but feel free to keep posting! Wish I had time to try them all!!
Old 07-10-2014, 12:57 PM   #12
asaintsfan
All Star Reserve

This is great - anyone have a nice fictional league with a New Orleans team and some history?
asaintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:44 PM   #13
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

I have one, but it only has two minor league levels plus International Complex. Meets all the other requirements though, if you're interested.
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:05 PM   #14
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKomrska15 View Post
Is this quick start somewhere?
Not yet. I have 44 logos, jerseys, and caps to do. I'm doing 24 2-D stadiums for the ML level and only have 2 done so far. These are pretty hard to get vanishing lines (perspective) correct and take forever to color the crowd to match the home team's color. I literally have to drill all the way down to the smallest pixel-level.

It should be ready within 2 months.

Last edited by Honorable_Pawn; 07-10-2014 at 06:06 PM.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:36 PM   #15
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaintsfan View Post
This is great - anyone have a nice fictional league with a New Orleans team and some history?
My old version of the ABF has the New Orleans Voodoo. My new version will have the New Orleans Pelicans/Gators/Voodoo. they come into the Southern Association in 1882 but when the SA merges with the NL in 1900 they are disbanded. They become a minor league team in 1925 til when they are an expansion team in 1961.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:51 PM   #16
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaintsfan View Post
Yes.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 01:10 AM   #17
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
I have a fully customized regional Gulf Coast league quickstart with 24 teams, four levels of minors with cities that makes sense given their ML affiliation, full logos, award names, league names, division names, league and award logos, a six team Cuban league that provides players, international complex, 27 round draft, 30 years of history, statistical balance through careful adjustment of league totals and MLE creation modifiers.
It starts in 1950 and then I sim forward 30 years and the league itself starts in 1980 and that is where the quickstart begins.

I also have Easter Eggs scattered througout the league, all 24 ML teams have one.
For instance, the Birmingham team has a rookie level club in Bessemer AL and and has a Vincent Jackson.
The Montgomery team has a Chuck Barkley and the Jackson MS team has a James Bell
There are 21 others to discover. The 6 Cuban teams also have Easter Eggs.

The only downside is that it is for OOTP 14.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:34 AM   #18
Nick0508
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I've winded up with a Fictional/Historical combo that I really like -

The United Baseball League (UBL) is a 16 team league with 4 levels of minors (AAA, AA, A, R).

I've also got the Field of Dreams League (FDL), which is an 8 team indy league based out of the state of Iowa. At the beginning of each year, the FDL has their draft that is made up of random historical players from 1905-on.

Once the UBL and FDL wrap up their seasons, and before the UBL hits free agency, the UBL has their draft, which is filled from the FDL as well as computer generated players.

I've set the PCM's so the "real" players should be slightly better than their fictional counterparts, but not too significant since I still want the fictional players to be able to compete. I've also got the Talent Change Randomness set fairly high (somewhere in the 160-180 range) just to make sure some Hall of Fame talent occasionally busts.

It may be just for me, but I get a kick out of looking at the leaderboards after 25 years and seeing Rod Carew on top with fictional journeyman Jesus Toro right behind him, trying to knock him off if he can remain useful into his 40's.
Nick0508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:10 AM   #19
Walsh06
All Star Reserve

Small Game League

Something a bit different
Old 07-11-2014, 01:33 PM   #20
baseballonly
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsh06 View Post
Small Game League