Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 12-02-2013, 12:05 AM   #61
hefalumps
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by highandoutside View Post
Is there a way to revert back to older versions for PC owners? I own a Samsung lap top, windows 8 etc, and I get a black screen every time I try to play a game and when there are in-game substitutions. The game has become unplayable.
zonk84 was having trouble with Facegen issues with the latest patch, and he was running Windows 8 also. He uninstalled and reinstalled the full 14.6.33 version (instead of the patch) and his Facegen problems went away.

It's worth a try. I'm not sure your issue is necessarily Facegen related, but since you said it happens in the middle of games being played out, I'm assuming it happens in between at bats when it's trying to generate a new pic for a player.

Good luck!
hefalumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:01 AM   #62
highandoutside
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefalumps View Post
zonk84 was having trouble with Facegen issues with the latest patch, and he was running Windows 8 also. He uninstalled and reinstalled the full 14.6.33 version (instead of the patch) and his Facegen problems went away.

It's worth a try. I'm not sure your issue is necessarily Facegen related, but since you said it happens in the middle of games being played out, I'm assuming it happens in between at bats when it's trying to generate a new pic for a player.

Good luck!
Thanks for the response, I really appreciate it. Will I lose my league if I uninstall the game and then download the full patch?
highandoutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #63
beorn
All Star Starter

Quote:
Thanks for the response, I really appreciate it. Will I lose my league if I uninstall the game and then download the full patch?
When you uninstall, you will be asked whether you want to also delete user items such as saved games.

But to be absolutely safe, you should back up your league file to another location on your computer.
beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #64
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
No your league should be fine the save is in your documents folder and won't be touched by an uninstall\reinstall. You also shouldn't need the patch as you will be downloading the current full version of the game which will already be patched. Of course check the version number to be sure after installing.

As with anything else computer related I, being a bit anal about my saves, would still make a backup of the league as it is now just to be sure nothing funky happens. It's something that needs to be done regularly anyway and if your doing a uninstall\reinstall its as good a time as any to make a backup.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:34 AM   #65
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Using page selectors is still an option under preferences.
this made a massive difference in performance for me on a 10k rpm drive.
highheat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:51 PM   #66
Hfthomp
Minors (Single A)

Good news, bad news with the new Mac 14.6.34 build. The text is fixed and the overall slowness that was there with the 6.33 build is gone, but the ball in PbP mode is still slow and jerky compared to earlier versions. Any chance this gets fixed?
Hfthomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:11 PM   #67
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hfthomp View Post
Good news, bad news with the new Mac 14.6.34 build. The text is fixed and the overall slowness that was there with the 6.33 build is gone, but the ball in PbP mode is still slow and jerky compared to earlier versions. Any chance this gets fixed?
I'm just working on it, but it's difficult...
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:16 PM   #68
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hfthomp View Post
Good to know. Hadn't noticed this because I'm a simmer. But I do play out games in one of my historical leagues, so I'll hold off on playing that one til there's a fix.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:18 PM   #69
battaile
Bat Boy

I can't believe the issue with MR1 showing up as both the MR1 and MR4 on the team homepage (bullpen section) still isn't fixed.
Attached Images
battaile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #70
DaveM
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I am happy there is a new patch that fixes some of the Mac issues, but there is still one that I know was reported that is not fixed. I still can't be in full screen mode and tad between other open programs on my computer. If I do I get a dark grey screen and can't get back to the game and have to quite it and then reopen it. Very frustrating. Is this going to get fixed or am I left with a unfinished fix till OOTP 15 comes out? If so that would not be cool.
DaveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:00 PM   #71
Star League
Bat Boy

slowness

I bought 14.6.34 for the mac today. I was playing 12 for awhile decided to get current version. So far the performance is incredibly slow. To the point where it's unplayable.
There's nothing to suggest the problem is with me. Is anyone else encountering this issue?
Star League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:54 PM   #72
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star League View Post
I bought 14.6.34 for the mac today. I was playing 12 for awhile decided to get current version. So far the performance is incredibly slow. To the point where it's unplayable.
There's nothing to suggest the problem is with me. Is anyone else encountering this issue?
You can download a previous, more stable patch. I forgot which was the latest stable patch for Macs (I have PC). Try 14.3 or 14.5. Search for them in the forums.
Tyler87898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 06:40 PM   #73
crockies99
Minors (Double A)

Still having problems for a mac

EDIT: Actually, the old version is okay.

Last edited by crockies99; 12-09-2013 at 02:53 AM.
crockies99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #74
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

I have an iMac and have noticed that the game is slow and basically unplayable when I'm downloading something or loading a webpage that has videos or animated gifs. If I'm not active on the internet, the game runs perfectly fine.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #75
billethius
All Star Reserve

If I'm on a Mac and move to 16.6.34, will that cause any issues with the online league I'm in?
billethius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #76
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethius View Post
If I'm on a Mac and move to 16.6.34, will that cause any issues with the online league I'm in?
Did your league upgrade to the latest patch?
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:38 PM   #77
billethius
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Did your league upgrade to the latest patch?
Yes. All the Windows people are on 14.6.33 (or whatever the latest version number is for them).
Old 12-11-2013, 06:02 PM   #78
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethius View Post
Yes. All the Windows people are on 14.6.33 (or whatever the latest version number is for them).
Then you can/should upgrade too, without problem.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:49 PM   #79
billethius
All Star Reserve

Upgraded to 14.6.34 and noticed no difference in the general UI sluggishness that appeared in 14.6.33.

Specs: Late 2013 iMac, 3.5GHz i7, GTX 780M, OS X 10.9
Old 12-13-2013, 10:49 AM   #80
ASURay
Minors (Triple A)

RE: Display Issues

I just upgraded from v14.4.?? to v14.6.34 on Mac. With the newest version, I get some serious display issues when switching to anything other than the default window size (1024x768). Switching from the default to 1280x768, for example, takes me from this:

to this:

I've always used a user-defined window size under previous versions without issue. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

EDIT: Sorry for the image size. I forgot that the images appear twice (once as embedded and once in the "attached images" section).
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by ASURay; 12-13-2013 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Apology
ASURay is offline   Reply With Quote