Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 08-07-2013, 05:20 AM   #81
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjj55409 View Post
Ok? Seriously? Can't turn this off? Who thought this was a good idea?
I did.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:25 AM   #82
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by byzeil View Post
The line also shows up in fictional leagues so there is always a stat line labeled "Real" with all zeros. Would be nice to either turn this off or not have it there in fictional play.
In your case it probably is a fictional historical league, hence the line. I'll remove this if there are no stats to show in the next patch.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:32 AM   #83
Tony79
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
This is working as designed. Players on the minor league DL who are injured more than 30 days and on the 40-man roster get moved to the 60-day DL. The MLB rule of the 60-day DL only being available for a full roster is not implemented in OOTP.
Minor league players(on the 40-man roster) who are injured full stop(even for 1 day-to-day) are getting moved to 60-day DL

Any chance this will be fixed for OOTP14 or am i waiting until 15?
Tony79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:28 AM   #84
VanillaGorilla
All Star Starter

Players got a year older

I do my HOF inductions on the first day of the preseason. I enter the age of each player in a spreadsheet on the day they enter the HOF, just for the fun of keeping track of oldest/youngest, etc.

I completed entering the HOFers for 2072, then backed up and saved, and then did a full install of the update.

All of the players who were entered into the HOF for 2072 are now 1 year older when I restarted with the new install. The players who were entered previously all have their ages correct.

I do not know if this only happened to players entered into the HOF on the day I installed the update, or if there are active players that also gained a year (or retired ones that did) because I only enter the ages of players into the spreadsheet when they are inducted.

I inducted 7 players into the 2072 class. All 7 are exactly one year older than the age I entered into the spreadsheet for the exact same game day. I can do screwy things, I admit, but I do not believe I misentered 7 out of 7 players all 1 year younger than they were.

In fact, I know I didn't, since the one that caught my eye was a 39 year-old entrant (of whom I was making note of his young age of entry) is listed as being 40. I didn't do an errant keystroke combo and put in "40" instead of "39".

The age in the player record on the BNN Player Page all reflect the new (one year older) age.

ADD: I restored the game from the back-up and those 7 players are a year older than they were prior to the update install, even though I did not play a single game day.

ADDITIONAL ADD: I didn't screen shot all of the guys. My first "ADD" here I looked at 2 players, and their dates were still off (including the 39-40 year old). Not all 7 are still a year older. I wish I had taken screen shots, so it isn't just my memory saying they were all a year older. In any event, I have three players that were inducted into the HOF via the OOTP settings in the last 2 years who were removed from the HOF and then added Fed 11 2072. These three players had a year added to their age. Players not having been inducted automatically by OOTP within the last 2 game calender years, removed, and re-entered by me, do not have incorrect ages, now. One player was inducted via OOTP in Oct 2068. His age is the same as what I entered in the spreadsheet. In a spot check of players entered in 2071 and 2070, all of those ages correspond to what I have in my spread sheet, when I add the appropriate ammount of time that has passed since their inductions.

This is a non-issue for me. My game will continue, just fine. However, since other people seem to be having weird data losses from the update, I thought I would post this here, also, in case there is a tie-in to something else. Sorry that I didn't keep a better record of things to give more specifics.

Last edited by VanillaGorilla; 08-07-2013 at 08:38 AM. Reason: ADD(s)
VanillaGorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:52 AM   #85
mmarra82
Major Leagues

Game is crashing since the install of the new patch. In the process of playing a series against Houston as the A's..in the second year of my franchise. When the game goes to open up a picture of a player from the Astros, the game becomes unresponsive. This is happening when playing the actual in game, and when checking Houston's roster.

Never has happened before, and it only seems to hang when trying to open a picture for that player or when I click on him in the roster.

Suggestions...cannot play the game right now. Frustrated.
mmarra82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:07 AM   #86
hefalumps
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Okay, here's an Andreas comment from some time ago. I'll probably repeat this another thread, but let's at least start here with some basic info that was originally intended for the knowledge base:
Thanks for that note from Andreas. No backgrounds located in the images folder - it's like you said, there's just no face (or an invisible face) being placed in front of the background, which are enabled, yes. Also, I don't have any real player pictures - they are all photo fit fg files in the fg_files folder from the Historical Facegen Pack.

I'll try deleting out all of my player pictures and let OOTP regenerate them, but for what I'm seeing, most of the time everyone's face is fine. It's just that occasionally (perhaps for the home/away uniforms), OOTP will decide it needs to regenerate a player picture, and it will change from an OK picture to an invisible face picture. Then I need to figure out how to trick OOTP into thinking it needs to regenerate it again. When I'm able to figure out how to do it, the picture usually regenerates just fine with the face back in place.

I will also try turning on the developer tools so that I can send you any info I get from that.

One interesting thing to note is that I played for a couple of hours last night since disabling the away uniform photos and haven't seen it happen since. That might have nothing to do with away uniforms tho - it might just be that as a result, Facegen isn't generating as often so it has less change to happen.

EDIT: Yep, I spoke too soon. I went into my Manager Home screen, and I no longer had a picture (or was invisible). It wasn't replaced with a logo; there was just nothing there in the top left of the Manager Home screen. I clicked on Picture -> Same Picture, and the Facegen picture for my manager persona reappeared.

EDIT: Oh, and I haven't had OOTP crash at any point with this league (knock on wood), so I don't see how my faces.dat file could have been corrupted.

Last edited by hefalumps; 08-07-2013 at 08:56 AM.
hefalumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:17 AM   #87
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefalumps View Post
Thanks for that note from Andreas. No backgrounds located in the images folder - it's like you said, there's just no face (or an invisible face) being placed in front of the background, which are enabled, yes.

I'll try deleting out all of my player pictures and let OOTP regenerate them, but for what I'm seeing, most of the time everyone's face is fine. It's just that occasionally (perhaps for the home/away uniforms), OOTP will decide it needs to regenerate a player picture, and it will change from an OK picture to an invisible face picture. Then I need to figure out how to trick OOTP into thinking it needs to regenerate it again. When I'm able to figure out how to do it, the picture usually regenerates just fine with the face back in place.

I will also try turning on the developer tools so that I can send you any info I get from that.

One interesting thing to note is that I played for a couple of hours last night since disabling the away uniform photos and haven't seen it happen since. That might have nothing to do with away uniforms tho - it might just be that as a result, Facegen isn't generating as often so it has less change to happen.
Knock on wood, so far I have only had the problem occur one time. Like you said, the same picture button did nothing when clicked on. I changed the pic by hitting change facial structure. This gave the player a new pic and it has stuck. I don't use away uniforms at all.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:33 AM   #88
mmarra82
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehowey View Post
I'm using an iMac running OSX 10.8.4. I just download the new patch 14.4.23 and I'm having problems with Facegen. It's not generating any new pictures. I'm not having a problem with caps.
I am using a Mac as well, the game has become unstable. It appears to be when playing out a game and it goes to generate a player's picture. The game becomes unresponsive.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #89
hefalumps
All Star Starter

Quote:
This is working as designed. Players on the minor league DL who are injured more than 30 days and on the 40-man roster get moved to the 60-day DL. The MLB rule of the 60-day DL only being available for a full roster is not implemented in OOTP.

However, since you only allowed the AI to control the minor league lineups etc, this should not have happened and hence it's a bug that will be fixed in the next maintenance patch.
Hi Markus,

This may be as designed, but I'd like for it to be re-examined in OOTP15. I'm fairly certain that when a player is on the 60-day DL, even though he's off the 40-man roster, he accumulates major league service time, which can affect arbitration and free agency. If I have someone in the minors on optional assignment where he's NOT accumulating major league service time, I don't want the AI automatically placing him somewhere where he will, especially if I happen not to notice. So that's my problem with how it's designed.

As for the manager option that allows for this to happen, I think you and I discussed this in a different thread for OOTP13. In previous versions, AI minor league DL placement used to be associated with the "Minor League Promotions/Demotions" Team Control Setting which I've always had under my control, but it was apparently changed recently to be associated with "Minor League Lineups/Depth/Pitching", which is the only thing I let the AI manage. We discussed which option made more sense, but I'm not sure we came to an agreement. I still think it belongs with promotions/demotions more than lineups.

What I think would be ideal is if DL placement could have its own drop-down setting, both for Major leagues and Minor Leagues. If that's not feasible, I think whichever setting DL placement it is associated with, it should be obvious in the setting name itself (i.e. rename it to "Minor League Promotions/Demotions/DL"). But obviously I'm hoping it gets moved back to Promotions/Demotions regardless.

Would love to see this get addressed! Thanks as always Markus for being so open to listening to the community.

Last edited by hefalumps; 08-07-2013 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:44 AM   #90
hefalumps
All Star Starter

Quote:
In your case it probably is a fictional historical league, hence the line. I'll remove this if there are no stats to show in the next patch.
Hi Markus,

I know we're asking a lot, but would it also be possible for you to make this optional for historical leagues where there are stats? I guess I can see how some people would want to readily see the real stats line to compare how well OOTP models the historical player, but for someone like me who does a historical league but lets the OOTP development engine change the course of history, it's incredibly distracting to have what they did in real life sitting right below what they're doing in my alternate universe.

Really hoping it's not hard to make this optional. :fingerscrossed:
Old 08-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #91
mjj55409
All Star Starter

Quote:
I did.
And I'm sorry to have reacted so inelegantly.

But the point is that there are quite a few of us that are running either an alternative version of the historical game or a fictional-historical game for which such a display is unnecessary and distracting.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #92
madJ
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony79 View Post
Minor league players(on the 40-man roster) who are injured full stop(even for 1 day-to-day) are getting moved to 60-day DL
This. Guys who should just be put on the 7-day DL in the minors (out for 2-3 weeks) or not on the DL at all (4 days day-to-day) are put on the 60-day Major League DL sitting there healthy waiting for the time to pass. So there's obviously something wrong with the AI handling minor injuries to minor league players who are on the 40-man roster in general. And that didn't occur in the 14.3.something build.

Last edited by madJ; 08-07-2013 at 12:35 PM.
madJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #93
mmarra82
Major Leagues

Mac Problem

Narrowed down the problem for myself why the game is crashing...The game opens fine. I have my league set to use the real pics, but what I have done is have the game create fictional images for players where real pics were not available and I use face gen photos when a player has been traded or moved to another team. I can open my league and get to my home page,however, when I click on the roster tab and start to click through my players, the moment I get to a player who has a face gen created picture the game becomes unresponsive.

Suggestions?
Old 08-07-2013, 02:19 PM   #94
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

I hope we can get another update soon. There seems to be a lot of either bugs or controversial things in this update. I would go back to the previous official update, but my online leagues are on this build. Would I still be able to play in my online leagues if I was on the previous build but they were on the new build?
Tyler87898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:28 PM   #95
Bill Seiko
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Did post in Technical support about the latest patch but got no answer, I have lost my photos since this patch and want them back for realism. I am playing MLB 2013 season. If I can't get them back how can I go back to earlier patch?

Bill
Bill Seiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #96
markprior22
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by madJ View Post
This. Guys who should just be put on the 7-day DL in the minors (out for 2-3 weeks) or not on the DL at all (4 days day-to-day) are put on the 60-day Major League DL sitting there healthy waiting for the time to pass. So there's obviously something wrong with the AI handling minor injuries to minor league players who are on the 40-man roster in general. And that didn't occur in the 14.3.something build.
Did this happen with the beta build of update 4 (14.4.18) or just official release? I'm ready to start a season and would gladly go back to beta version if this problem didn't exist with that version. If not, can I go back to 14.3 and load my league?
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #97
madJ
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22 View Post
Did this happen with the beta build of update 4 (14.4.18) or just official release? I'm ready to start a season and would gladly go back to beta version if this problem didn't exist with that version. If not, can I go back to 14.3 and load my league?
I didn't check the beta build. I went from 14.3.12 to 14.4.23 directly.
I went back to 14.3.12 for my solo leagues and there was no problem. So you should be able to load your leagues after going back to the previous official update.
madJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #98
Tony79
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22 View Post
The minor league 60 DL bug was present in the BETA as well.
Tony79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #99
braunfullyaccused
Minors (Single A)

Quote:

However, since you only allowed the AI to control the minor league lineups etc, this should not have happened and hence it's a bug that will be fixed in the next maintenance patch.
Roger, thanks for the speedy reply!

Weird that it took place after the update? I was previously running the latest version.

Here's the screenshot showing it happen league wide on the day I installed new version:

Last edited by braunfullyaccused; 08-07-2013 at 03:50 PM.
braunfullyaccused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:42 PM   #100
braunfullyaccused
Minors (Single A)

Any chance we can get the game log on the player profile (the new feature since update) to display the cumulative stats (BA, OBP, etc.) of the players current league and not season?

Last edited by braunfullyaccused; 08-07-2013 at 04:02 PM.
braunfullyaccused is offline   Reply With Quote