Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 06-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #81
sandman2575
Minors (Triple A)

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but Spring Training rosters --

I'm more or less fine with ST being restricted to players on the 40-man roster (although an Invitees option would be very cool). But I *hate* having to use a player Option to send them back to the minors afterward. (Unless I'm greatly mistaken, this is not what happens in MLB.)

As a new feature -- Wouldn't it be possible to relax the 40-man roster rule for ST, so that before the Regular Season begins, a team can send any player back down to the minors without using an Option or placing a player on Waivers - ?
sandman2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #82
HH20xx convert
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman2575 View Post
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but Spring Training rosters --

I'm more or less fine with ST being restricted to players on the 40-man roster (although an Invitees option would be very cool). But I *hate* having to use a player Option to send them back to the minors afterward. (Unless I'm greatly mistaken, this is not what happens in MLB.)

As a new feature -- Wouldn't it be possible to relax the 40-man roster rule for ST, so that before the Regular Season begins, a team can send any player back down to the minors without using an Option or placing a player on Waivers - ?
I believe using an option to send down a player on the 40 man roster is consistent with MLB rules. Lots of teams' decisions on the 24th or 25th guy on the roster are influenced greatly by the players' option status. Guys with no remaining options are much more likely to stick in April to avoid DFA and potentially losing the player.
HH20xx convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #83
sandman2575
Minors (Triple A)

My mistake then! Good to know. Dumb suggestion above cheerfully withdrawn.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:10 PM   #84
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
But I *hate* having to use a player Option to send them back to the minors afterward. (Unless I'm greatly mistaken, this is not what happens in MLB.)
There always seems to be some misunderstanding about options. It's really quite simple: if during the regular season a player on the 40-man roster is playing for a minor league club for 20 days or more (one day in OOTP) then an option is used. That's it.

Theoretically a player could be optioned early in spring training, then recalled before the start of the regular season and then stayed on the 25-man roster for the season, an option would not be used. It's all about where the player is during the regular season and for how long.
Le Grande Orange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #85
sandman2575
Minors (Triple A)

So if I understand you correctly, it should *not* require an option to send a player to the minors when ST has ended but before the Regular Season has started - ?
Old 06-12-2013, 01:33 PM   #86
beorn
All Star Starter

Quote:
So if I understand you correctly, it should *not* require an option to send a player to the minors when ST has ended but before the Regular Season has started - ?
Only true in the most technical sense.

Technically, the option should get used not instantaneously, but after a few days. But OOTP has the basic rule right, that a player on the 40 man roster who is sent to play in the minors goes through one of his three option years.
beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:58 PM   #87
sandman2575
Minors (Triple A)

Gotcha -- thanks for the clarification.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:37 PM   #88
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
In real life options aren't officially charged until the end of the season. But effectively if the player has been in the minors 20 days or more (one day in OOTP) during the regular season, then he's used up one of his option years. Which means at the start of the next season he'll have one less remaining.
Le Grande Orange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #89
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

But Rosters aren't set intill Opening Day but in real life Teams set them well before Opening Day because theirs also Minor League Camp and none in this game yet.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:05 PM   #90
dcpcarmona
All Star Starter

Ability to set stealing attempts of bases (2nd vs. 3rd, mainly).
Old 06-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #91
fistina
Bat Boy

I'd love to see the Leverage Index of each play added to the broadcast and webcast screens:

Get to Know: Leverage Index | FanGraphs Baseball
Leverage Index (LI)
fistina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #92
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
I know this not too priority but there was talk about retiring numbers I love that ideas and we already of the HOF but there are players that good seasons with certain teams but not HOF careers, but would be nice if each team can have a team Hall of Fame or Team Hall Of Champions. Take a player that played 20 seasons but only had 7 good seasons not enough to make the league hall of fame but those 7 season came with one team. That team can add him in their team hall of fame. Some can be in multiple team hall of games and the even the league hall of fame
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #93
js1519
Minors (Triple A)

I don't know if it can be done as an update, but the ability to offer a FA coach/trainer/scout a job even if its filled? Then when you hire the new one, they essentially switch places (old coach becomes FA, new coach slots in position offered). Thanks for all the hard work!
js1519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #94
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Would cool if at the end of every decade the game will generate an "All-Decade Team" According to the best stats per positions accumulated for that decade. Would be a another nice award for players to achive
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:03 PM   #95
BURNS81
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
I would love a option to disable nicknames.
You dont like players such as Justin "the dragon eater" banks?
BURNS81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #96
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Back to work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BURNS81 View Post
You dont like players such as Justin "the dragon eater" banks?
Lol no. My main pet peeve is the cosmetic issue.

I would rather the name heading say "Jimmy Rollins" instead of "Jimmy J Roll Rollins" too long.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:41 PM   #97
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Markus,

The game is incorrectly counting holds as save opportunities, which it should not be doing. See the attached screenshot.
Attached Images
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:55 PM   #98
VanillaGorilla
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
Markus,

The game is incorrectly counting holds as save opportunities, which it should not be doing. See the attached screenshot.
In order for a pitcher to get a "Hold" he must enter in a situation which is a save opportunity. If the pitcher gives up the lead, he is tagged with a blown save.
VanillaGorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #99
saturn2187
All Star Reserve

fixing the box score and game log on real time sim would be nice.
thank you.
saturn2187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #100
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Markus please remove the shopping only 3 players a day. IMO we should be able to shop as many as we want.

Please make this happened, thanks.
BusterKing is online now   Reply With Quote