Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Trouble-Shooting & Tech Support

Old 05-24-2013, 06:36 PM   #61
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

I know I do but like I said Lee this appears to be intermittent. Now its working right on my import league meh...See if others noticed it
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:23 PM   #62
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato Can View Post
From the "Fighters" screen.

Every time I reset my "columns" to what I want, if I exit out of the game and return, I have to reset them again. Seems like they should stay they way I reset them.
The table columns are saved in your saved game, so they are only stored once you re-save your game. I find if you want to force a save, so to speak, open anyone fighter,judge,rcg etc and put somehting in the notes.
pisdpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:06 AM   #63
Cap
Hall Of Famer

To Repeat. Maybe this is just me and I can't see it, but I was in NATIONS, when I was finished editing there seemed to be no way out. Is there supposed to be a QUIT or EXIT button somewhere?

Cap
Old 05-25-2013, 08:20 AM   #64
kosh naranek
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post
To Repeat. Maybe this is just me and I can't see it, but I was in NATIONS, when I was finished editing there seemed to be no way out. Is there supposed to be a QUIT or EXIT button somewhere?

Cap
On the Mac version there is a Back button at the bottom right of the screen to get out of the Nations screen.
kosh naranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:38 AM   #65
Cap
Hall Of Famer

I did not see one, but I'll look again. Thanks.

Tried it again and this time a whole new line showed up at the bottom that wasn't there the first time I tried. This time there was a Back button.

Cap

Last edited by Cap; 05-25-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #66
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisdpaul View Post
Bottom line, I had to code all the sounds blind as the sound on the TB2.5 copy I have does not work. I guess I missed the voices... I need to find them, any chance someone could youtube the end of a fight so I can see these sounds in action?
Can't do that, Paul, but all he said was something like, "Ladies and Gentlemen, we have your decision!"

We need to add, "Winner by knockout in the 5th round, [fighter name]!"

and "Winner by unanimous decision, [boxer name]!

and "Winner by TKO in the 4th round, [boxer name]!

You get the idea.

Cap
Old 05-25-2013, 04:35 PM   #67
Jabez54
Hall Of Famer

Is it me ... didn't I see the word "usues" being misspelled ... isn't it "uses" ?... or at times, I see the word "seperate" instead of "separate" ? ...
Old 05-26-2013, 06:52 AM   #68
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:
Can't do that, Paul, but all he said was something like, "Ladies and Gentlemen, we have your decision!"

We need to add, "Winner by knockout in the 5th round, [fighter name]!"

and "Winner by unanimous decision, [boxer name]!

and "Winner by TKO in the 4th round, [boxer name]!

You get the idea.

Cap
The [boxer name] bit there is tricky... The only way to speak someones name that could have be entered by you, or one of over 8000 possibilities is to use a speech synthesis modules. At present these sound rather naff.. So I guess the "Ladies and Gentlemen, we have your decision!" only like before has to be the way forward!
Old 05-26-2013, 07:53 AM   #69
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The [boxer name] bit there is tricky... The only way to speak someones name that could have be entered by you, or one of over 8000 possibilities is to use a speech synthesis modules. At present these sound rather naff.. So I guess the "Ladies and Gentlemen, we have your decision!" only like before has to be the way forward!
I know I've played baseball games that announce players' names. So I wouldn't have thought it too difficult to have it done in 3.0. No? I was hoping that in a future version we could hear brief introductions before a fight too. Something like,"In the red corner from [city + country], [fighter's name]!

In the meantime, would it at least be possible, in the not-too-distant future, to have the announcer at the end say "The winner by unanimous decision..." and then display the winner's name on the screen?

Cap
Old 05-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #70
Lee
Global Moderator

Quote:
I am sure you could get a volunteer to record every boxers name in the game
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:23 AM   #71
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

Um Lee that will be a problem for a lot of us use RFG's....
Old 05-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #72
bob_bask
Hall Of Famer

Not sure of practicability of this, but could get around this by having option for custom user sounds.

Just used location of "Biography" as an example.

Not a feature that I have a burning desire for, but if it was there - I would probably use it (?)

bob_bask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:24 PM   #73
bob_bask
Hall Of Famer

Sorry to harp on about this, but this seems to be a bug.

---

I've been able to extract skin into custom_skin folder, but unable to pack skin back into game.

I tried with my own edited version and the straight off extracted custom_skin, all attempts received:

"tbcb.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

---

Hopefully can get this resolved and get customizing.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:39 PM   #74
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

found some interesting things. First on the RFG's (ex on my heavyweight beginner screen, the RFG fighters are all listed as Boxers BUT when you look at them individually they are either boxer, slugger or either.

Second On the tournaments the fighters will fight no problem but the last fought date and schedule shows only the initial date of the fight. (and I selected 1-2 days in advance) even the personal history reflects this as well.

In addition I have done 2 16 man tourneys and there have been no draws (which is a good thing I think)
Old 05-27-2013, 05:52 AM   #75
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_bask View Post
Sorry to harp on about this, but this seems to be a bug.

---

I've been able to extract skin into custom_skin folder, but unable to pack skin back into game.

I tried with my own edited version and the straight off extracted custom_skin, all attempts received:

"tbcb.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

---

Hopefully can get this resolved and get customizing.

Does this work if you move your modified skin to another place, extract a fresh skin and then import that? If so its something in your modifications causing the crash.

Can you zip up your modified skin and email it too me and I will take a look. someone@pisd.co.uk
Old 05-27-2013, 06:02 AM   #76
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:
I know I've played baseball games that announce players' names. So I wouldn't have thought it too difficult to have it done in 3.0. No? I was hoping that in a future version we could hear brief introductions before a fight too. Something like,"In the red corner from [city + country], [fighter's name]!

In the meantime, would it at least be possible, in the not-too-distant future, to have the announcer at the end say "The winner by unanimous decision..." and then display the winner's name on the screen?

Cap
Its not difficult to get the game to play sounds, it sourcing them all. Big games, with big budgets can pay an actor to say all the names in their database with just the right inflection. This would be a massive task, however if someone wants to do it, then PM me..

Of course this would not work for fighters added manually or via RFG. The only way to cover those is to use a voice synth module. I have played with this on linux already (hint!) but it does not sound very good so I did not persue it.

So the best design I can see for this would be to create a folder "fighter_names" or such like. In there you can place as many or as little recorded fighter names as you like. Then when I want a player I look to see if his name is there. If not I say "The winner by TKO is the blue corner!" which is the generic fall back.

Then if one day we find the speech synth that sounds good we can use that instead...

As you might imagine, this is more than a simple bug fix, so I will put it on my task list for after tbcb2013. This might not mean tb3, it might be a patch, it all depends on how much time I have.

Last edited by pisdpaul; 05-27-2013 at 06:05 AM.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:30 AM   #77
bob_bask
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Does this work if you move your modified skin to another place, extract a fresh skin and then import that? If so its something in your modifications causing the crash.

Can you zip up your modified skin and email it too me and I will take a look. someone@pisd.co.uk
I still get the crash on extracting skin and immediately packing it, without any modifications.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:37 AM   #78
Tomato Can
Major Leagues

Title Histories

When importing my 2.5 game to 2013 I noticed that many , not all, but many Title Histories are not showing up on the boxers "Title History" page.
Tomato Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:36 AM   #79
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

TC I don't see that problem with my uni but in all honesty with teh RFG problem I have seen with the uni import, I have scrapped my uni and creating a new one from scratch
Old 05-27-2013, 03:13 PM   #80
Tomato Can
Major Leagues

What am I doing wrong?

When I try to "Autoschedule" it will only let me do one group.

IE: In 2.5 I was able to atouschedule AABF ranking 51-99 vs AABF Ranking 100 and higher. Hit Schedule and it would display the bouts

THEN I could add my next group: APBC ranking 51-99 vs APBC ranking 100 and higher, hit schedule and it would just keep adding to the autoscheduler.

NOW after scheduling one group, if I schedule another it erases the previous group.

Anyone else notice this?
Tomato Can is offline   Reply With Quote