Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-25-2013, 01:29 AM   #41
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgstmetfan View Post
I downloaded it, installed it over the file, and lost my league that I've had since OOTP 2012... Is there anything that I can do? No, I didn't back it up because its way too massive of a file to back up.
I respectfully disagree about the backup part. No league is too massive that it can't be backed up. You could have used 7Zip, WinZip or WinRAR to back it up with (that is if you have Windows...if you have Mac, you can still at least use WinZip). Using WinZip, just create a new zip archive file and copy and past all the .dat files from your [league_name].lg file. No other folders need to be backed up.

Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:03 AM   #42
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie View Post
I respectfully disagree about the backup part. No league is too massive that it can't be backed up. You could have used 7Zip, WinZip or WinRAR to back it up with (that is if you have Windows...if you have Mac, you can still at least use WinZip). Using WinZip, just create a new zip archive file and copy and past all the .dat files from your [league_name].lg file. No other folders need to be backed up.
I agree, backing up OOTP leagues is not a huge task. Doing it incrementally throughout a season is even easier.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:21 AM   #43
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
I agree

But...
OOTP really needs to implement a rolling autosave. It makes the occasional crash,freeze, bad decision or family disaster easier to come back from.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #44
shawa666
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Auto-play until next playoff round.

shawa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:46 PM   #45
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Hasn't fixed the "Crash" where these two buttons highlight and then can't press any buttons or do anything. Just freezes that way. Then go to task manager and end task, open game and the "are you sure you want to quit the program" screen comes up but still can't click anything. A OOTP not responding pops up as well in windows and just need to click end now. It's always after i piss away 3-4 hours setting up my leagues and only simming a couple seasons. Please fix this as it's unplayable for me still.
Attached Images

Last edited by dave1927p; 04-25-2013 at 08:48 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:25 PM   #46
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
Hasn't fixed the "Crash" where these two buttons highlight and then can't press any buttons or do anything. Just freezes that way. Then go to task manager and end task, open game and the "are you sure you want to quit the program" screen comes up but still can't click anything. A OOTP not responding pops up as well in windows and just need to click end now. It's always after i piss away 3-4 hours setting up my leagues and only simming a couple seasons. Please fix this as it's unplayable for me still.
Next time this happens try hitting the ESC key on your keyboard.

Old 04-27-2013, 02:03 AM   #47
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
As you can see, it is fixed or your problem is specific to your game not all. Did you start a new game and check it?
I just patched today and started a new 2013 quick start and still see Tazawa for the Red Sox listed twice on that screen. I also don't see the pitching and lineup screens being fixed unless I am missing something. Already several times I have selected my pitching staff screen only to be met with hitting stats instead of the pitching stats I saw the last time I was on that screen.
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:29 PM   #48
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie View Post
Next time this happens try hitting the ESC key on your keyboard.
Nope, doesn't work. Well starting now I've given up on the game for the time being until i read that this has been fixed. Too much time wasted so far with this error. Time to go outside...
Old 04-28-2013, 12:01 PM   #49
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

nm

Last edited by BusterKing; 04-28-2013 at 12:09 PM.
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:21 PM   #50
rp03ev
Bat Boy

this new patch still does not fix the ball animation freeze. the game is unplayable unless you disable ball animation.
rp03ev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:45 PM   #51
wsmithd
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
Nope, doesn't work. Well starting now I've given up on the game for the time being until i read that this has been fixed. Too much time wasted so far with this error. Time to go outside...

I had the same problem, and after pressing ESC to bring up the exit dialog I alternated mashing the enter key and left mouse button over the yes button. It works pretty consistently for me. Not a perfect solution by any means, but will let you play without worrying about losing data.

Last edited by wsmithd; 05-01-2013 at 11:56 PM. Reason: clarity
wsmithd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:12 AM   #52
chackalrodrigo
Bat Boy

Bug

My top batter are missing in the AVG stats...
Tkz
chackalrodrigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:29 AM   #53
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Ahhhh. Much better. Thanks!

Old 05-04-2013, 06:57 AM   #54
Bowtie
All Star Starter

This is only a test reply.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #55
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by chackalrodrigo View Post
My top batter are missing in the AVG stats...
Tkz
If you're saying that he's not showing up as leading in batting average, make sure he had enough plate appearances to qualify.
Tyler87898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:44 PM   #56
Avindian
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
Got a trojan alert when I came to download the patch. My AV blocked it. Just a heads up in case anyone else encountered it.
Avast said it was from this URL: OOTP Developments Forums - Smilies
This just now happened to me, which is weird, because I've played this version for a couple of days.
Avindian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #57
t-bone shuffle
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
This just now happened to me, which is weird, because I've played this version for a couple of days.
Same here, can anyone shed light on the issue?
t-bone shuffle is offline   Reply With Quote