Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 05-01-2013, 03:11 PM   #101
congotim
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhomess View Post
Widgets are intended to be a quick, modular way to get some information about your league to your home page. The modularity allows for flexibility, such as putting it behind a jQuery tabs, jQuery accordion, or something similar.

There isn't a way to specify additional stats to display with a player leaderboard widget.

Anyway, here is some documenation that should help:

OnDemand Widgets
On‐demand widgets allow you to call some code to display snippets of data on your website outside of StatsLab. The script that creates them is widget.php, and by including a link to the widget.php file with the appropriate parameters defined, you can get a widget to display on your website that will automatically display the most recent stats after every SQL upload.

The following parameters can be applied to widgets.php to generate a widget:
  • show: The “show” parameter defines what type of widget you want to display. The following options are available:
    • leaders - By setting it to ‘leaders’, it’ll display the top teams in each division in an unnumbered list format.
    • standings - By setting it to ‘standings’, you can get the divisional standings for any division in your league (with additional parameters).
    • draftList (need version 3.0.10) - By setting it to 'draftList', you can get it to display the progress of your StatsLab draft. This has additional parameters:
      • lastX - tells it how many of the most recent picks to display
      • nextX - tells it how many of the upcoming picks to display
    • potw - Will display the current player of the week for the sub league specified. Includes player photo, name, team, and some basic stats.
    • botm - Will display the current batter of the month for the sub league specified. Includes player photo, name, team, and some basic stats.
    • potm - Will display the current pitcher of the month for the sub league specified. Includes player photo, name, team, and some basic stats.
    • rotm - Will display the current rookie of the month for the sub league specified. Includes player photo, name, team, and some basic stats.
    • Anything else, including omitting this parameter, will result in a listing of the top players in a specific stat (stat must be specified).
  • league_id: Specifies the league that you wish to display the widget for. Will default to StatsLab’s primary league if omitted.
  • sub_league: Specifies the sub‐league you wish to display. Use the sub league’s ID number or abbreviation (if unique). If omitted, leagues will be combined. This parameter must be specified to display a division’s standings.
  • division: Specifies the division you wish to display. Use the division ID as the value, and it must be combined with the sub_league parameter. It has no effect on player stat widgets.
  • topX: For player stat widgets, this parameter defines how many players to display. By default, the top 3 players will be included.
  • stat: For player stat widgets, this parameter defines which stat to display the top X of.

The following stats are available for player stats widgets (note that this list is more extensive than for static widgets):
Batting Stats: AB, H, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, R, SB, CS, BB, K, SF, SH, IBB, HP, GDP, PA, AVG, OBP, SLG, OPS, wOBA, VORP
Pitching Stats: W, L, SV, IP, K, BB, R, ER, G, GS, HP, HA, BF, GB, FB, HRA, BK, GF, QS, CG, SHO, HLD, ERA, WHIP, VORP

To include any of the above stats, set the stat parameter equal to the lowercase version of the stat (e.g. avg=batting average), with the following exceptions:
K, BB, R, G, GS, HP, and VORP for pitchers should be preceded with a “p” to differentiate them from the batter stat version (e.g.: k=batting K’s, pk=pitching K’s).
Use “s” for SV.

Examples:
  • widget.php?stat=h&topX=7&sub_league=NL – Will display the top 7 NL leaders in hits.
  • widget.php?stat=pk&sub_league=AL – Will display the top 3 AL leaders in pitching strikeouts
  • widget.php?show=leaders – Will display the division leading teams in each division.
  • widget.php?show=standings&division=1&sub_league=1 – Will display the standings for sub_league 1, division 1 (in my test case, the NL Central).
  • widget.php?stat=ops&topX=10 – Will display the top 10 batters in OPS across all subleagues (e.g. All MLB, rather than just AL or NL).
  • widget.php?show=draftList&league_id=100&lastX=5&ne xtX=5 - Will display the 5 most recent picks, and the 5 upcoming ones
  • widget.php?show=potw&league_id=100&sub_league=0 - Will display the Player of the Week for sub league 0
You can test your on‐demand widget out in your browser before adding the code to call it to your website. If you wrap it appropriately, you can do some nice things with CSS for displaying it.

Widget CSS
wdgT – Applied to <table> tags
wdgH – Applied to <tr> tags contained inside <thead> tags.
wdgH_l – Applied to <td> tags inside <thead> tags that might require different alignment.
wdg1, wdg2 – Applied to alternating <tr> tags
wdg1_l, wdg2_l – Applied to alternating rows <td> tags that might require different alignment
wdgUL – Applied to <ul> tag in division leaders widget
wdgLI – Applied to <li> tags in division leaders widget
This is beautiful!! One last question and then I think I can play away... is there a way to make links open up in a new tab instead of teh same one? Only reason is that I have had to result to using iFrames for most things and then the links only open in that small ******...
congotim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:12 PM   #102
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by congotim View Post
This is beautiful!! One last question and then I think I can play away... is there a way to make links open up in a new tab instead of teh same one? Only reason is that I have had to result to using iFrames for most things and then the links only open in that small ******...
No. Users will figure out pretty quickly that they can right click to open in a new tab or window, though.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #103
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Oops. Nm.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #104
congotim
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I have exported a draft class from in game and imported into StatsLab. I cannot sort by rankings, only by COL/HS stats. Is this expected or did I miss a setting somewhere? Let me know, thanks!
Old 05-05-2013, 09:27 PM   #105
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Installed Statslab 14 but it won't accept 'baseball' as commish password on fresh install. Any ideas?

http://statslab.belira.info/statslab/login.php

Last edited by cody8200; 05-05-2013 at 09:32 PM.
cody8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:10 PM   #106
congotim
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
I have exported a draft class from in game and imported into StatsLab. I cannot sort by rankings, only by COL/HS stats. Is this expected or did I miss a setting somewhere? Let me know, thanks!
I actually fixed this. Seems I had it disabled globally. I do not, though, see a draft timer running or anything indicating when the next pick should be in by. What am I missing?
Old 05-07-2013, 10:24 AM   #107
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody8200 View Post
Installed Statslab 14 but it won't accept 'baseball' as commish password on fresh install. Any ideas?
StatsLab requires the mcrypt php extension for user authentication. It's not installed on your site.

Quote:
I actually fixed this. Seems I had it disabled globally. I do not, though, see a draft timer running or anything indicating when the next pick should be in by. What am I missing?
Make sure you've turned on the draft timer on the draft admin page, and that the draft is enabled.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:38 AM   #108
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Interesting. Is that something I can install or is that done by the web host? if the web host, is this a new requirement for statslab? Just wondering because I have used belira for several years. Thanks Frank!
Old 05-07-2013, 11:07 AM   #109
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

That was new in the 3.0 version of StatsLab, so the requirement is about half a year old now. Your web host will need to enable it.

Last edited by fhomess; 05-07-2013 at 12:36 PM.
fhomess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #110
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

I had my host install the extension and it seems to still have the same issue. How can I tell if the extension is installed properly?
Old 05-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #111
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody8200 View Post
I had my host install the extension and it seems to still have the same issue. How can I tell if the extension is installed properly?
There's a validator.php script included with StatsLab that runs through several checks.

However, if you loaded users without mcrypt installed, you'll probably need to load them cleanly before it works. Here are the steps:
1. Go into your StatsLab database in phpMyAdmin
2. Drop the human_managers and ootp_sql_users tables.
3. Go to the SQL file load page and reload the human_managers file.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #112
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

NM, Sorry wrong thread
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino

Last edited by Painmantle; 05-08-2013 at 01:14 AM.
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #113
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

NM, Sorry wrong thread
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino

Last edited by Painmantle; 05-08-2013 at 01:14 AM.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:03 PM   #114
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhomess View Post
There's a validator.php script included with StatsLab that runs through several checks.

However, if you loaded users without mcrypt installed, you'll probably need to load them cleanly before it works. Here are the steps:
1. Go into your StatsLab database in phpMyAdmin
2. Drop the human_managers and ootp_sql_users tables.
3. Go to the SQL file load page and reload the human_managers file.
Awesome help Frank! Got it working now. Thanks for all you do!
Old 05-07-2013, 10:04 PM   #115
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

NM, Sorry wrong thread
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino

Last edited by Painmantle; 05-08-2013 at 01:15 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #116
Chappy
Hall Of Famer

Hi Frank, me again.

I honestly don't know when this started (it may have been like this all along) but our HOF in statslab is missing about 40 players. (link)

All of the missing players are batters, and all of them are 'older' inductees. I've checked the players file and they have '1' in the HOF field... We had some new inductees entered this morning, and they appeared right away, so it's getting new players just fine... just doesn't seem to see the older batters. Any idea what's happening there?

(edit: in case it would be helpful for you to know who some of the missing players are: Adam Anderson, Alex Garza, Andrew Kegler, Anthony Beckford, Aragorn King, Bill Dickie, Bill Worm, Blair Payton, Brian Marshall... just to name a few)

Last edited by Chappy; 05-08-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Chappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:57 PM   #117
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
Hi Frank, me again.

I honestly don't know when this started (it may have been like this all along) but our HOF in statslab is missing about 40 players. (link)
Clearly the issue is that none of these players played for the Texas Banditos!

Actually, the issue is that StatsLab looks up the HOFer's, then assigns them to the HOF page as batters or pitchers based on their fielding stats. These guys are old enough that there's no record of fielding stats for them in the database. Your fielding stats only go back to 2035, and all those guys retired before then. They're getting classified as pitchers since no fielding stats at non-pitcher means they must be pitchers! When StatsLab looks up their pitching stats, it doesn't get anything, so it doesn't display them.

So... I will PM you with a fix for that. I have tested it, but if it works for your league, too, I'll release it to the community.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:51 AM   #118
Chappy
Hall Of Famer

Boom, it worked! You rock!
Chappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:54 PM   #119
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

v3.0.11 posted with this HoF page fix.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:04 PM   #120
mstreeter06
Minors (Double A)

Exclamation OOTP14 List Pick Issue?

Hello Frank,

I have a brand new fictional OOTP14 that we have just started our inaugural draft. I have noticed that 2 teams that have had players in a list and set to List pick, have Statslab not auto pick for them. The first team happened to see his pick up and made the pick himself. The second team I went in and manually picked his top listed player.

I was wondering if I'm overlooking a setting in Statslab? I see that those 2 teams (and the other 2 we haven't gotten to) are set to ON for the 'Draft List?' setting but everyone has 'Auto Pick?' set to OFF. Is this the issue or is it maybe a bug?

Chappy sent me here and has been helping me sort through a lot of the setup of the league since I've based it off of NPBL.

Thanks!

Last edited by mstreeter06; 05-22-2013 at 08:25 PM.
mstreeter06 is offline   Reply With Quote