Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 04-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #101
Isotopecrunch
Minors (Single A)

Not all time zones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget699 View Post
Ok, I've imported my OOTP 12 league and have noted a few things:

- Start times for games are set to Eastern Time, but my league is based around Australian time so times are set at things like 9am and 2pm ET. Is there a way of changing that to display local time?

Otherwise, so far so good!
There's a time zone missing - Newfoundland time zone is missing it's -3:30 GMT (I think) . . . it's and hour-and-a-half ahead of eastern time. Not a bug or big issue, but for those who live there it's nice to be that 30 mins ahead of North America.
Isotopecrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #102
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
All 3 of the players were drafted and as of Opening Day, they are on teams, still at the low ages.
OK, these are all players that do not have proper birth years in the DB. Will code a workaround for it.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #103
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by risp2out View Post
All right. I'll try to describe this in a little more detail because it might affect how I usually play. I have a fictional league that models the old 8 team AL and NL. I have created two human managers (let's call them risp2out A and risp2out B) and manage one team in the AL (Washington) and one in the NL (Brooklyn). In previous editions of the game, I (as risp2out A) would play out Washington's game in one-pitch mode. When that game was over, the rest of the games would all be final, but Brooklyn's game hadn't been played. I would go to "Select Human Manager" and become risp2out B and manage Brooklyn's game. After making any moves, etc., I would go to the next day and repeat the process.

Now, a couple of problematic things happen. First, the one that gave rise to my initial post. When I start managing Washington's game as risp2out A, Brooklyn's game starts at the same time. If, as the games are going along, I switch to risp2out B and jump into Brooklyn's game, I do not have access to Brooklyn's bullpen, although I can control other aspects of Brooklyn's game (Swing Away, Steal, etc.). (BTW, when switching back to risp2out A, I am still able to control Washington's bullpen warmup.)

So, perhaps with 13, there is no way to manage the games of more than one team. Is there a way (as with all previous versions I've played) to play out two different team's games in the same day? Even if I want to switch back and forth while the games are ongoing, it seems that I may not be able to control the warmup/bullpen activities of the second team.

I hope this gives you more to go on. If there's just no way to be able to manage two teams' games in 13, I'll adjust and content myself to manage only one team, but if there's a way to manage two teams (and still play out both teams' games), I'd really love that). Thanks.
Alright, that helped a lot. I was able to locate the problem and fixed it. You can work around this for now if you disable & enable the warmup again when entering the 2nd game.

Regarding the start of game 2, I cannot really prevent this unless you disable "simulate world in background" on the first game.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #104
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman41 View Post
I got a message on Opening Day 2012 (4/6) saying the Rays have lost and therefore hit their 'tragic number', and are no longer in contention for the playoffs...that doesn't seem right
ROFL... OK, that bug is so hillarious, I just might leave it in there...
Old 04-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #105
pelchat22
Minors (Single A)

Player picture didnt appear in player profile during a game
pelchat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #106
McMousey
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMousey View Post
I'm also on Linux with blue facegen people. I just updated drivers a few weeks ago so I don't think that's the problem...?
Definitely not a driver issue
McMousey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #107
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman41 View Post
I got a message on Opening Day 2012 (4/6) saying the Rays have lost and therefore hit their 'tragic number', and are no longer in contention for the playoffs...that doesn't seem right
I guess the Yankees have eliminated the middle man and started actually buying wins.
CubbyFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #108
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Definitely not a driver issue
As I mentioned earlier in the thread, this has already been logged and will be looked into.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #109
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubbyFan23 View Post
I guess the Yankees have eliminated the middle man and started actually buying wins.
Haha. I wrote this story and never saw this issue in a hundred tests. Markus, must be an issue with the arable wing used in the storyline.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #110
McMousey
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
As I mentioned earlier in the thread, this has already been logged and will be looked into.
The blue tint in facegen was logged? I believe I've only seen mentioned the issue were Caucasian players are generated
McMousey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #111
mm7607
All Star Reserve

I imported a v12 league. And all seems OK but free agents screen and Draft Pool screens are blank. The players are listed on the 'All players' screen.
mm7607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:59 PM   #112
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody8200 View Post
Haha. I wrote this story and never saw this issue in a hundred tests. Markus, must be an issue with the arable wing used in the storyline.
Can you log it & assign to Andreas please?
Old 04-06-2012, 01:00 PM   #113
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm7607 View Post
I imported a v12 league. And all seems OK but free agents screen and Draft Pool screens are blank. The players are listed on the 'All players' screen.
Got a filter / selected position active in these screens?
Old 04-06-2012, 01:00 PM   #114
sboehler
Minors (Double A)

Calendar Date Bug?

I started a historical season (1980). When I go to the calendar it defaults to January 1, 1988. The year drop down does not allow me to pick 1980, although I can get there if I push the "jump to current date" option. Certainly not a show stopper for me; it happened at first and then it is corrected once I sim past the first day.
sboehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #115
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The blue tint in facegen was logged? I believe I've only seen mentioned the issue were Caucasian players are generated
Yes, it's been logged. Perhaps I mentioned this in another thread... I don't know, I've lost track.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #116
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

EDIT: Ok it's being dealt with in the roster thread. Sorry for the double postage.

Last edited by Doc_Brown; 04-06-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Doc_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #117
Siv
Major Leagues

Spring Training

Last edited by Siv; 04-06-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Siv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:15 PM   #118
magnet
Hall Of Famer

In the MLB quickstart, I'm unable to add cash to trades. The box doesn't allow you to click into it or type into it, and a couple of times, clicking has opened a player profile from the other team.
magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #119
pelchat22
Minors (Single A)

During real time simulation: I want to scroll down the scoring updates but its goes up every time!

-And its gonna be nice if we could open player card by clicking the name on real time simulation page!(its work only on finished game)

Thx :P

Last edited by pelchat22; 04-06-2012 at 01:19 PM.
pelchat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #120
sutto
Minors (Double A)

FaceGen problem that went largely ignored on OOTP12 still exists in OOTP 13. Players pictues are not updating properly in fictional leagues. I have players wearing incorrect uniforms/minor league uniforms/blue FA uniforms all over the place. Very disappointed that this problem still exists.
sutto is offline   Reply With Quote