Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 08-10-2012, 07:06 PM   #1041
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sley View Post
I've been waiting since May 28th on one issue and two other issues since then. I have to do things manually if I want to continue playing the league I started 10 seasons ago or start completely over, again.
Did an admittedly quick search of your posts, but could you provide links or ticket #s? The one that stood out to me was regarding a broken amateur draft, but I can't locate a filed report on it so it may have a ticket status attached.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #1042
sley
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Did an admittedly quick search of your posts, but could you provide links or ticket #s? The one that stood out to me was regarding a broken amateur draft, but I can't locate a filed report on it so it may have a ticket status attached.
Below are the tickets that are still unresolved and some additional info. Thanks in advance for any help.
AMN-322617 5/28/2012 and RUU-96284 6/12/2012 and MMY-891647
After a few seasons the amateur draft stopped working correctly. I sent a ticket to Tech Support in May, it was closed without resolution. The response I received was that they could not help but my dat files, screen shots, OS info etc were being passed on to Markus and the issue was to be resolved in the 7/13 patch. It wasn't and hasn't been. So I thought I'd try here.</SPAN>

I set up enough rounds in the beginning and there are more than enough players in the draft pool to be drafted. But on the day of the draft I am the only team that can draft. I go through all the rounds including supplemental with only my team drafting. The draft and draft log show my selections and no players other than the ones I draft are eliminated from the draft pool. I can take over control of the other teams and draft players in that way. (I have done that for 2 seasons now while waiting for resolution.) Also the scout recommendation selection seems to be activated but doesn't work. Nothing happens when I select it.
sley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:05 PM   #1043
Craig Scarborough
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Scarborough View Post
Playing after the latest patch and still see that this wasn't corrected in the pbp - can anyone tell me if this is still in the bugs database and what its status is? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Fixed in the next patch (supposedly).
Was just playing through another game and see this, in fact, was not fixed.
Attached Images
Craig Scarborough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:29 PM   #1044
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

I updated the bug report. Thanks.

BTW, that fellow in the lower right corner of your screenshot -- he's a friend of endgame's.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #1045
MooK881
Minors (Double A)

i noticed after applying the beta patch, many of the players in my league have inaccurate contract info on their player screen (says that they in the previous year of their deal)

But on the Front office player salary screen, their salaries are displayed correctly. I am feeling this is a comestic bug rather than a behind the scenes bug

anyone else see this before i file a bug report?
MooK881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:24 PM   #1046
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
I updated the bug report. Thanks.

BTW, that fellow in the lower right corner of your screenshot -- he's a friend of endgame's.
Oh, that brings back a memory or two.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:24 PM   #1047
Totalshock
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Problems with pitch-by-pitch mode

I just switched to play a game in pitch-by-pitch mode and noticed two problems.

1) The previously-discussed "pitchers warm up forever but are still listed as cold" bug happens. I've never seen this in all of the games I've ever played in one-pitch mode, but it happens every time I warm up a reliever now that I'm in pitch-by-pitch mode.

2) The Game Log appears to be formatted incorrectly. These have always worked perfectly in the past, but this time, it looked like this:

Please let me know if there's any other information I can provide, or any way to avoid either of these problems in pitch-by-pitch mode. Thanks!
Totalshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:05 AM   #1048
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totalshock View Post
2) The Game Log appears to be formatted incorrectly. These have always worked perfectly in the past, but this time, it looked like this:
I've tested the game log in every skin and while playing a game and after a game was played and it always displays correctly. Can you tell me what skin you're using and under what circumstances the game log is messed up?
Old 08-16-2012, 05:21 AM   #1049
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totalshock View Post
I just switched to play a game in pitch-by-pitch mode and noticed two problems.

1) The previously-discussed "pitchers warm up forever but are still listed as cold" bug happens. I've never seen this in all of the games I've ever played in one-pitch mode, but it happens every time I warm up a reliever now that I'm in pitch-by-pitch mode.
I couldn't replicate this either. I played in pitch-by-pitch mode and I actually did go one pitch at a time and my relievers did warm up and become ready. So I'm perplexed why this is still happening to you. Can someone else reproduce this?
Old 08-17-2012, 03:35 AM   #1050
funkadillo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckstein 4 Prez View Post
Another bug, relating to walk-off hits:

Bottom of the ninth, bases loaded, one out, visiting team leads 4-3. Base hit to left, lead runner scores, runner on second heads for home, the throw comes in... and gets cut off as they go for the out at third. The game needs to realize that runner doesn't matter. Either throw home for the 1% chance at the out or don't bother, and have the pbp reflect that.
I want to call attention to this once again. I keep seeing games end in walkoffs while the defense is throwing to another base trying to get an out that doesn't matter.

It's very immersion killing. This would never happen in real life.
funkadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:55 AM   #1051
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Ok, I just played another game in pitch-by-pitch and the relievers stayed cold this time. I'm not sure why it's intermittent. The only difference I can see was this time I jumped into the game during RTS mode, while the other time I started the game first (not in RTS).

Anyone know what the pattern is here? I'll test more to see if I can find out and then I'll log this.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #1052
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Ok, I just played another game in pitch-by-pitch and the relievers stayed cold this time. I'm not sure why it's intermittent. The only difference I can see was this time I jumped into the game during RTS mode, while the other time I started the game first (not in RTS).

Anyone know what the pattern is here? I'll test more to see if I can find out and then I'll log this.
At least one coding difference occurs, in the event you jump back into the RTS game, so I'd agree there may be something suspect and enter the PT, regardless. The one I'm alluding to is the control stickies, new with the patch. While I'm grateful for them, of course, if you save a game and return, you DO need to reset your control options again; they do not save, and I've already entered that PT.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:47 PM   #1053
azepeda
Minors (Double A)

Error on FA Compensation

I don't know how many years this has been but after a whole bunch of years there is no longer FA compensation. I checked and I do have FA Compensation for lost FA's checked.
azepeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:39 PM   #1054
CubsFan915
Minors (Single A)

In my online league, I'm getting duplicate news stories every time that I download the league file. I've been getting them all season, since we upgraded this past offseason. Anyone have any suggestions?

Edit: it appears that I'm only getting duplicates on some of the news stories. On my manager news and mail, I'm subscribed to news from my league and organization. Should I be getting the same story twice in those cases?

Last edited by CubsFan915; 08-20-2012 at 10:44 PM.
CubsFan915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:43 AM   #1055
shawa666
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Say I Have a league with League Strategy Modifiers set for 1896 (the game's current year), but with financials imported from 1876. Why will the financials jump back to the 1897 settings instead of progressing to 1877 levels instead, upon season's end?
shawa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #1056
brewcrew112
Bat Boy

facegen issuse

When I first started OOTP, it ran perfectly. Now, about a week later, when I try to start it, I get a message that says "MYFACEGEN::load_model - Error during loadModel(), model = C:\Users\User\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 13\facegen\jaw"
This makes all facegen "not initialized". I tried troubleshooting option 1 and 2 to no avail.
I went into that folder and the file jaw.png has the correct thumbnail and it opens fine with the correct picture. I moved it to the recycle bin and rebooted OOTP and it just said something along the line of jaw.png is missing. I put it back and get the first error message. What should I do?

Thanks
brewcrew112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:29 PM   #1057
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Small thing (more of immersion issue).

In my online league, I sometimes get messages from players in FA who I am negotiating-with that they have a good offer on the table from San Francisco and are leaning towards taking that deal, so I better improve my offer.

I am San Francisco.

-Cal

Last edited by Calvert98; 08-24-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:11 PM   #1058
Baseballman2K5
Major Leagues

UGGGHH (schedule)

There was a "rule change" announced pre 2016 season...saying the season would now consist of 168 games instead of 162...well...thats not the case. I have a schedule of 156 games, whereas 3 other teams in my division have 157, and one has 160.

Advice? How the hell can teams have different number of games in a season?
Baseballman2K5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:04 AM   #1059
mankle
Minors (Double A)

Free Agent Compensation and Playoff Structure

Hey guys,

First of all, is anyone else seeing this in their online league - we're using 2012 CBA rules, but players are still being labelled as "Type A" and "Type B" free agents? Shouldn't it just be that certain players are "compensation eligible"?

Second, I'm having to manually set up playoffs to include a second wild card. Is there no way to include a default "2012" playoff structure in the next patch?
Old 08-25-2012, 06:24 PM   #1060
Eumel
Major Leagues

There seem to be some issues with the "Players" tab on the "League History" screen:

- The "Recently Retired" tab only seems to list some players (and not necessarily the most notable).
- The "Active and Retired Players" tab seems to be missing some stats, for instance, fielding numbers for some players are simply zero. I'd expect the full career number here. On the player screen it's all correct. To duplicate this, simply simulate a season in a fictional league. I couldn't identify a pattern behind the players with missing stats, not sure what's going on...

Edit: for what it's worth, the "Active and Retired Players" tab also has less players than the "Retired Players" tab... this can't be right.

Last edited by Eumel; 08-26-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Eumel is offline   Reply With Quote