Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2011, 05:05 PM   #21
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

A guy who did pitch one unimpressive inning in 1875 in real life

I like those kind of surprise this is why I play with recalculation off. The players are created based on their total career number after it's a question of how they are develloped. As you can see he took 3 years to become a force in the league and bringing his team to the World Serie 6 times in a row

The complete set (1871 to 1959)

Just the update (1950 to 1959)
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:38 PM   #22
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1964 View Post
Who the hell is this guy?
that guys is this guy
Charles Witherow Statistics and History - Baseball-Reference.com

i'll save ya the trouble of clicking the link he went 0-1 in 1875.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:31 PM   #23
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Finally I've decided that it was impossible for me to let Barnes go. Firstly the fan loyalty would have fell too much (he is the third most popular player in my team) and secondly no one is ready to take his place. Since the season beginning I've tried a 2 days alternance system between Barnes and two other second basemen (Parson Nicholson and Willie Murphy), none of those two hit for a .200 average (Barnes isn't better since he hit for .184 after 54 games).

Finally after a lot of offer and counter offer between me and Barnes we have agreed on a two years contract (the second one being a player option) of 633$ for the first year and 645$ for the option. At least it's better than the 765$/season for 3 years he ask in the first tentative, I gave him a little bit less than what he earn now and two years will give me time to develop a good second baseman (at least I hope).

The complete set (1871 to 1959)

Just the update (1950 to 1959)

Last edited by AESP_pres; 04-23-2011 at 11:38 PM.
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:29 AM   #24
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
its good that u kept him, I will run into the dilemma of keeping all time favorite players well past their prime a ton as i get into the Shoeless Joe's, Harvey Haddix, Little Louie into Baines, Thomas etc.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote