Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 07-27-2010, 08:53 PM   #221
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

Does the problem with team abbreviations only happen in the earlier years and not the modern era?
Charlie Root won more games for the Cubs than any pitcher (201), yet was remembered for one pitch to Babe Ruth. Find out more about the 1929 World Series in my book, "Root for the Cubs: Charlie Root and the 1929 Chicago Cubs." See the web site at www.rootforthecubs.com. The book is at http://www.amazon.com/Root-Cubs-Char...t+for+the+cubs.

Beta tester, OOTP 2007-2023 and iOOTP 2011-2014.
rasnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:59 PM   #222
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Happens pretty much every year

Team: CHI League:N changed to Team:CHN League: NL
CHI A to CHA AL

for instance
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:55 PM   #223
railroad_ross
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
Is this the high school debut or real life debut version?

Owner, New York Knights, TTBL
railroad_ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:30 PM   #224
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

The real life debut version (or pro debut). I don't have a high school debut version.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:10 PM   #225
szathkey
Minors (Double A)

Hey guys

If I am using the 18 year old DB and want the "most accurate" ratings for fielding, pitching endurance, etc., should I use the method that calculates based on 3 years or the way that calculates based on an entire career?

Interested in everyone's opinion
szathkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:36 PM   #226
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

You probably should define what you mean by "most accurate".

For me it would be season by season, but that may not be a shared or global view. Then your question could be answered.

BTW is this the updated DB or the old one? I didn't think the update was ready for prime time yet.
Commish of the On-Line Dynasty League
SIMBL2 - Westbury Cannons
Great Lakes Baseball - Toledo Neptunes
World Baseball - Guantanamo Marines
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Bristolduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:01 PM   #227
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by szathkey View Post
Hey guys

If I am using the 18 year old DB and want the "most accurate" ratings for fielding, pitching endurance, etc., should I use the method that calculates based on 3 years or the way that calculates based on an entire career?

Interested in everyone's opinion
Three year is the most accurate and is what the new neutralized fielding is built upon and assumes you will use. But if you use something else it will still work fine.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:05 PM   #228
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristolduke View Post
You probably should define what you mean by "most accurate".

For me it would be season by season, but that may not be a shared or global view. Then your question could be answered.

BTW is this the updated DB or the old one? I didn't think the update was ready for prime time yet.
The newest updates are waiting on the OOTP patch because otherwise reported challenges with the db's might just be due to the neutered importation process difficulties.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:27 PM   #229
Shorty
All Star Reserve

is there a way to quickstart with a 1901 database that utilizes uniforms, logos, the american db, and then when the time comes for the *** and kbo databases to kick in or am i supposed to research when those leagues were created?
Old 08-20-2010, 11:30 AM   #230
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

I haven't tried it, but I suspect if you are doing a 1901 historical startup. you will need to expand your league setup as appropriate to incorporate the *** and kbo data. The database doesn't inherently create teams only makes players available for leagues.
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Old 08-24-2010, 09:15 PM   #231
edm
All Star Starter

Spritze or anyone else who may know. Since its recommended to use neutralized stats, is it possible to enable it with "recalc player ratings based on real stats after each year" off?

I dont use the recalc option and the tab to change from neutralized to stats is dimmed out. Thanks
edm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:16 PM   #232
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by edm View Post
Spritze or anyone else who may know. Since its recommended to use neutralized stats, is it possible to enable it with "recalc player ratings based on real stats after each year" off?

I dont use the recalc option and the tab to change from neutralized to stats is dimmed out. Thanks
That tab I feel is worded incorrectly. I think it should say "Based on database stats after each year". You want this clicked on, it will automatically use the setting (real/neut) you previously chose.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
Old 08-31-2010, 12:12 PM   #233
risp2out
All Star Reserve

I have a few questions for Gambo and/or Spritze that I think will apply to either of your databases.

First, given the previous couple of posts, what actually happens if you use the databases without "recalc"?

Second, if using your databases with an annual draft, will the pre-defined values option work?

Third, what is your recommendation for the "prevent recalc of potential ratings" option when using your dbs? [To be honest, I'm not sure I understand that option anyway]

Fourth, if you want to start a game with an overall draft, is it better to create the league and then release all players into a draft pool or just to select the initial draft option upon league creation?

Fifth, given that neutered stats are recommended, is it essential to check "Adjust league totals for historical accuracy"? What would happen if you didn't? Would you get interesting, bizarre, semi-realistic results or madness?

Sixth, if you are going to repoint an existing league to the db, when (right after playoffs, pre-season, etc.) would you suggest doing so?

Seventh, let's say I create an American major league and point it to one of Spritze's no asian databases and then add a Japanese league pointed to the japan only db. If a japanese player became a free agent and got signed by an American team, would the game be able to handle it?

Oh, and one more: Eighth, with neutralized stats, is it important to have player development and coaching off? What happens if they are on?

Thanks for taking the time to answer all of these questions and, of course, for the time you put into the dbs.

Last edited by risp2out; 08-31-2010 at 01:50 PM. Reason: added more questions
risp2out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:22 PM   #234
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Is there a way to take the regular db which bring the players in during their rookie year and modify it so that they would come in two years sooner, but also NOT be fully developed? Or is the 18 y/o db the way to go in order to get that more easiliy?
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:42 AM   #235
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleyvol View Post
Is there a way to take the regular db which bring the players in during their rookie year and modify it so that they would come in two years sooner, but also NOT be fully developed? Or is the 18 y/o db the way to go in order to get that more easiliy?
We essentially are doing variations of what you request here. Choose from the database options to get what you want. Real debuts/18 years old.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 09-01-2010, 01:57 PM   #236
edm
All Star Starter

High School = 18 y.o., correct?

At mvp mods I only see Real Debut/Real team. Does this work the same way the high school database does? (imports players at 18, not fully developed?)

Also, not sure if this is the place to put errors. but just in case there will be an updated release, snowj01 gives an error when importing. I also noticed several players have an "e" after their first name. Is this done intentionally for dups?

Thanks again.
edm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:30 PM   #237
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
We essentially are doing variations of what you request here. Choose from the database options to get what you want. Real debuts/18 years old.

You didn't answer my question. If I didn't want the 18 year old debut or the rookie year debut, what number would I change the debut year column by in order to get a two year early debut? Merely subtract 2 from the values in the debut year column?

If so, would the players be developed when they imported since I used the real debut year db to edit?
Old 09-01-2010, 03:18 PM   #238
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

Coolyvol - A couple of questions.

1) are you planning on using real or neutralized stats?
2) are you planning on using re-calc?
3) If not recalc, are you planning on having ratings and potential based upon Career, first year or peak year?
4) same question as #3 only on dealing with players who have already started their career when you first import
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Old 09-01-2010, 04:27 PM   #239
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

More than likely:

1 neutralized
2 no
3 career
4 career
Old 09-01-2010, 04:40 PM   #240
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by edm View Post
High School = 18 y.o., correct?

At mvp mods I only see Real Debut/Real team. Does this work the same way the high school database does? (imports players at 18, not fully developed?)

Also, not sure if this is the place to put errors. but just in case there will be an updated release, snowj01 gives an error when importing. I also noticed several players have an "e" after their first name. Is this done intentionally for dups?

Thanks again.
I assume you're trying to import the defensively brilliant Jack Thomas Snow into your universe. In that case the Lahman ID you're looking for is snowjt01. Sometimes with the initialed players you have to use the first letter of the first name and then the period that goes between the first and second initials: e.g. snowj.01 but in this case it's snowjt01. I know this for a fact because I happened to be tweaking my Master file when I saw your question.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote