Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2006, 01:30 AM   #1
<Pion>
All Star Starter

EZUse program for historical simmers

In my old ERA Calculator program I had a feature where every season you were told what needed to be changed in your file (franchise moves, nickname changes, stadium changes, etc). I'd like to expand this feature to include everything people think are worthwhile and release it as a 3rd party program that you click at the beginning of each year and use as you see fit.

Some of the things not included that I would like to include are as follows:

o Stadium dimensions/attributes (currently it only gives the name since it was built into the old ERA calculator to change your stadium ratings automatically).

o Suggested Roster size limits through the years

o Financial Co-efficients - I know someone has a list out there but not sure if I can use it or not. What's the best and can I incorporate it.

o Changes to be made to overall league strategies. The settings for Reliever usage, stolen base frequency, etc. I've got them based on the old 6.5 settings but would listen to suggestions on this one. We made need to make a version for Lahman and a seperate one for the 3rd party groups like Ankit or Gambo since the settings might be different (SB frequency comes to mind)

Any other ideas or suggestions? Anyone want to help by sending things they think could be incorporated? Or does this only fascinate me (I hate having to remember all the stuff but like to make it as real as possible).

I currently the old version that goes from 1901 to 2004 or something like that. If anyone wants it to work for 1871 to 1900, we'll have a lot of stuff to add and I could use some help. I could give the format to people (a simple comma-delimited file) if they'd like to work on it and send me updates.

Oh, also forgot the edits I made to the schedule files included with the game. It's hard to know the year for the major league files so I changed them so the year appears first and can be viewed in the in-game windows for selection. I was thinking of including those if interested (and if allowable by the game makers).

Let me know if interested. A name for the program would be helpful too if we end up releasing it for use by all. Thanks!

Last edited by <Pion>; 07-05-2006 at 01:31 AM.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:11 AM   #2
Nukester
All Star Starter

You are not the only one interested ! Anything that would save going to different websites and crosschecking in books to get data like park dimensions and strategies is well worth it in my book !
Nukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:07 PM   #3
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Pion>

o Financial Co-efficients - I know someone has a list out there but not sure if I can use it or not. What's the best and can I incorporate it.
You can use mine. I suggest trimming out a lot of the data, and just use the coefficient. The rest of the stuff on the spreadsheet are calculations based on what you get using the coefficient.

Remember that the ticket prices are assuming 30000 average attendance figures, and need to be further adjusted if you alter average attendance.

EDIT

. . .

which reminds me to get my file that does that posted.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:46 PM   #4
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidergoo
You can use mine. I suggest trimming out a lot of the data, and just use the coefficient. The rest of the stuff on the spreadsheet are calculations based on what you get using the coefficient.

Remember that the ticket prices are assuming 30000 average attendance figures, and need to be further adjusted if you alter average attendance.

EDIT

. . .

which reminds me to get my file that does that posted.
Thanks for the use.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:27 PM   #5
ifspuds
Hall Of Famer

As someone who's wanted to get into historical simming, but doesn't have the time/energy to do it right (the way I want to), this would be a tremendous help.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:55 PM   #6
Fibonacci
Minors (Triple A)

One thing that would be useful is the correct double play settings.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:12 PM   #7
bp_
Hall Of Famer

I'd love to have something like this. I started a historical sim but then finding all the info scattered everywhere made it more of a task then I wanted to undertake. I'm lazy, what can I say?
Old 07-05-2006, 09:43 PM   #8
BravesSince66
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by
If anyone wants it to work for 1871 to 1900, we'll have a lot of stuff to add and I could use some help. I could give the format to people (a simple comma-delimited file) if they'd like to work on it and send me updates.
Would be a good use of my time waiting for the patch. Sure, I'd like to help with this. Just send me a private message. Thanks.
</pion>
BravesSince66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 01:30 AM   #9
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesSince66
Would be a good use of my time waiting for the patch. Sure, I'd like to help with this. Just send me a private message. Thanks.
</PION>
PM Sent, thanks.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:31 AM   #10
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fibonacci
One thing that would be useful is the correct double play settings.
Not familiar with this one as I haven't been changing it thus far. What kind of info is needed (format of data), is it a pct or something else? Where are you changing it in OOTP?
Old 07-06-2006, 01:34 AM   #11
<Pion>
All Star Starter

I've got two of the things I was hoping to add. WIth the permission of Raidergoo, I'll add in the financial coefficients directly from his spreadsheet. Also, I saw the thread regarding roster sizes through the years and will incorporate that in now that I have a link to the info.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:34 PM   #12
Markmeister
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Pion>
Oh, also forgot the edits I made to the schedule files included with the game. It's hard to know the year for the major league files so I changed them so the year appears first and can be viewed in the in-game windows for selection. I was thinking of including those if interested (and if allowable by the game makers).
Actually, the better way is to include the year at the end. That way OOTP will automatically update the schedule each year (except if you don't change the number of games).

Copied 1901 through 1904 schedules and renamed as MLB_c_190x. Loaded MLB_c_1901. OOTP automatically updated to 1902 and 1903. After the 1903 season, I changed the number of games to 154. OOTP updated schedule to MLB_c_1904.

I believe the original files are what are automatically used for historical replays, so you probably should keep the old schedule files also. But with the shorter file names, it is easier to find the year that you want.

Jersey style logos
Vintage letter logos
Vintage uniforms

Last edited by Markmeister; 07-06-2006 at 06:36 PM.
Markmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:47 PM   #13
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markmeister
Actually, the better way is to include the year at the end. That way OOTP will automatically update the schedule each year (except if you don't change the number of games).

Copied 1901 through 1904 schedules and renamed as MLB_c_190x. Loaded MLB_c_1901. OOTP automatically updated to 1902 and 1903. After the 1903 season, I changed the number of games to 154. OOTP updated schedule to MLB_c_1904.

I believe the original files are what are automatically used for historical replays, so you probably should keep the old schedule files also. But with the shorter file names, it is easier to find the year that you want.
Hmmm, I'll have to try that again. I was using the schedules as included with the game but it didn't look like they were changing as I thought they might. So I resorted to doing it manually. Thanks for the info, I'll give it a 2nd chance.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:00 PM   #14
aphoward
Minors (Double A)

Is there any update on this program? I have never done a Historical sim before, but would love to start one if there is something out there that easily explains how to run it. I tried starting one with the custom database that is out there, but I couldn't even start to understand how to handle expansion, let alone anything else, lol.

Andrew Howard
aphoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:26 PM   #15
<Pion>
All Star Starter

I've got one person helping gather information. As soon as we can get it all together, it will be released. Probably a couple of weeks with just the two of us working.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:25 AM   #16
Jeremy Weimer
Hall Of Famer

Stacy, you da man.
Jeremy Weimer is offline   Reply With Quote