Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 01:17 AM   #1
eggerda
Minors (Rookie Ball)

"Could not load team file. Wrong date."

Hello,

I'm doing a league with 1 other buddy, and everything has been going fine, and we're about to start our second season.

I didn't want all the OOTP league files in my "My Documents" folder anymore so I changed the path in OOTP setup to a new folder on my C: drive.

I copied all the league files to this new directory, from the My Documents folder, and now every time I try to import his team file, I get this message:

"Could not load team file. Wrong date."

Our versions are the same, and our game dates are the same!

CAn someone please help us fix this?

THanks,

Dan
Old 12-31-2009, 04:18 AM   #2
kq76
Global Moderator

This first point doesn't have anything to do with your problem, but I think it's good advice just the same... If you have multiple partitions (and if you don't, you should make at least 1 extra) and your program files are on drive C then if I were you and you didn't want them in the documents folder, I'd put them on another drive partition (e.g. D, E, whatever). The reason why is that if something goes wrong with partition C then you can just format it, reinstall the OS and everything else, but all your data will still be safe on the partition your data is on. If you're going to at all go through with the effort of moving the folder you might as well move it somewhere safer than drive C.

Now to try to help with your problem... Okay, so you selected a different folder from the game prefs screen, shut down OOTP (just like the manual says), moved (I'd just copy until you can tell that everything is okay) everything in your "OOTP Baseball 10" folder (the game and manual should clarify this point; in the game it reads to me as just the saved_games folder) to the new folder you selected, restarted OOTP and still had this problem? I just tried it and it worked fine for me. Maybe try again.

I'm not sure yet, but it's my bet you moved the wrong folder(s) to the new location. You need to move everything in your "OOTP Baseball 10" folder (it's 2 folders up from the .lg folder) over. If that's not it, maybe it's something else, but the above directions should work.

Last edited by kq76; 12-31-2009 at 04:25 AM.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:16 PM   #3
eggerda
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks so much for the helpful reply!

I'm just a little confused by everything though...

Let me start with my goal. OOTP 10 has thousands of files associated with it, and by default, it all goes into My Documents.

My "My Documents" folder is synched to a network drive every day, and with OOTP putting all the files there, it takes fovever and bogs down the network.

So I just need to get all those files out of there.

So I created a new folder called "league" here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 10\league

I've attached a screenshot of the new league directory after I copied all files from the OOTP 10 directory that was in my "My Documents" folder. (This one: C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 10)

The process I used was to copy all files to the new directory...then I pointed OOTP to the new directory in preferences. Then I shut down and restarted OOTP 10 to make sure the league loaded fine.

Then I shutdown OOTP 10 and deleted all files from the My Documents folder: C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 10, and restarted it again. And the league works fine.

Everything is fine, except I CAN'T import the other guys team any more. We use the FTP functionality, and I always get the dumb "Wrong date" error when trying to import his changes.

Any ideas? It's probably 1 tweak I need to make to get this working, but I don't know what it is?

Dan
Old 12-31-2009, 10:56 PM   #4
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggerda View Post
The process I used was to copy all files to the new directory...then I pointed OOTP to the new directory in preferences. Then I shut down and restarted OOTP 10 to make sure the league loaded fine.

Then I shutdown OOTP 10 and deleted all files from the My Documents folder: C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 10, and restarted it again. And the league works fine.

Everything is fine, except I CAN'T import the other guys team any more. We use the FTP functionality, and I always get the dumb "Wrong date" error when trying to import his changes.

Any ideas? It's probably 1 tweak I need to make to get this working, but I don't know what it is?

Dan
Well, you apparently didn't do it in the correct order. Not that it seems to be the problem for you, but it may be. The manual may not be very clear what goes in that folder, but it is very clear on the order. Before you move any files you are to select the new folder from within the game prefs screen. You then close OOTP. Then you, outside of OOTP, move the files to the new location. You then restart OOTP and everything should be fine. If you're able to load the league fine and everything else looks okay, like it sounds like, then that all might be okay.

I should note that I believe I misspoke about the "everything" from that folder needs to be copied over. When I tested it I too deleted everything in the original folder after everything looked okay, but then I loaded it again and I got some error (I think it was something to do with a database, but I forget exactly). So I copied back everything but the saved_games folder to the original folder, tried again and everything seemed fine. You may need to do the same. It seems stupid to me that we can apparently only move the saved_games folder, but maybe I'm missing something.

A "wrong date" error, however, sounds like he just exported from a file that isn't the same date as the league file you're using. You should confirm with him that you both have the exact same in-game date. While you're at it, confirm with him that you two are using the exact same version of the game.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:08 PM   #5
eggerda
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hi thanks again for the response!

I think the league is fine, in that the order I did things didn't seem to mess it up. I'm not getting any errors...and we even advanced a day to see if that would fix the "Wrong date" error.

We're STILL getting it. And we've verified our versions are the same. He redownloaded the league after I advanced a day, and we're both on the same date.

Something funky is going on where it just wiill NOT import his team file and it throws that "wrong date" error.

What other things could be triggering this error? I've even checked the FTP location to make sure his file gets updated when he exports it, and it is...

And my game is pulling it from the right directory...

Something odd is happening here and we can't figure out what.

What other things can I try to get his team file to import properly again?

I'd appreciate any ideas...

Thanks!

Dan
Old 01-01-2010, 07:48 PM   #6
eggerda
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hello...ok I've actually made headway!

In the "import_export" folder of the league, which is now in the new directory, I'm finding OLD files.

And that's where OOTP is trying to import his team file from...which is an old one.

The game DID create a NEW import_export folder in the old my documents location again.

And it is in this location that it puts the league file which is automatically uploaded to the FTP site.

However when I go to "import" his team file...it doesn't save it ANYWHERE on my system.

I have to manually download it from the FTP...manually copy it to the import_export directory in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 10\league\saved_games\SSL.lg\import_export

Directory...and then run an "Import from PC" and it works...

How do I configure OOTP to import the team change files to a directory?

Because right now it's not saving the file anywhere once it's downloaded.

Thanks!

Dan
Old 01-01-2010, 08:57 PM   #7
kq76
Global Moderator

Hmm. Come to think of it, I think I recall an importexport folder setting in the lg that you may have to reset too. I'll take a look..

Yup. Go to the commissioner home/portal screen. On the right will be a "league file settings" button. Click that. Near the bottom of the window that pops up will be a long path field for your import_export folder. Make sure that is to the new location, not the old one.

That may not be the problem, but try it first.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:29 AM   #8
fantom1979
Hall Of Famer

Eggerda, due to the age of this issue and the resolution offered by kq76, I am going to recommend that a moderator close this issue. If you are still having issues with changing the default file location, please feel free to open a new tech support thread and link back to this one. Thank You

Closed Thread