Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 03:42 PM   #1
BeachBum
Minors (Double A)

Double Header Pitching Rotation

There is an issue when assigning the starting pitcher for the second game of a double header. Even when you have the option of "Start Highest Rested", the AI still goes to the next, strict order, pitcher. This happens even if the selected pitcher pitched yesterday.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:48 PM   #2
battists
Hall Of Famer

BeachBum,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your thread.

Are you using 7-day lineups, or are you just referring to the Pitching rotation screen?

Thanks!

Steve
Old 07-29-2009, 07:56 PM   #3
battists
Hall Of Famer

I think we need to do some further troubleshooting on this issue. I just set up a similar scenario here, and it worked fine.

I set up a doubleheader, with my rotation like this:

Pitcher A
Pitcher B
Pitcher C
Pitcher D
Pitcher E

I had mine in Highest Rested Starter mode.

Pitcher D was next in line to start. Pitcher E was fully rested, and Pitcher A was 91% - he was "rested".

I simulated the day, and although the schedule screen suggested Pitcher D would start, instead Pitcher A started the first game, which is how it should be, as he was the highest rested starter. Then, in the evening game, Pitcher D started. Pitcher E, who was next from a strict order perspective, didn't pitch for some time.

This doesn't mean you didn't really see a problem, just that it may only occur under very particular circumstances...

At least it's not pervasive, which is good because it's not a huge problem, and bad because it makes it very difficult to nail down.

Thanks,

Steve
Old 08-02-2009, 09:26 PM   #4
BeachBum
Minors (Double A)

I am not using the seven day lineups but rather actually playing each game. This has happened to me twice now and in fact happened all the time in OOTP 9 as well.

In addition, when you look at the bottom of the team homepage where it shows the upcoming schedule and the opposing starters, it shows the the same opposing starter starting each game,

One other thing with double headers is that if your depth chart has a substitute playing every 6th game and the 6th game is the first game of the double header, he will play both.

Perhaps it is because I am playing in a historical league and that is somehow different???
Old 02-22-2010, 03:52 AM   #5
Tony M
Global Moderator

This is being looked at by the beta team for XI. I'll close this thread for now as there aren't any more patches for X planned.