Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 11:36 AM   #1
joe_44850
Minors (Single A)

Thumbs down OOTP cannot load this database because it has been created with an earlier version

(Sorry for the long thread title, wasn't sure how else to name it). Here is the problem history:

Loaded the game on my laptop (Windows Vista), the latest version 10.4.36. Started a fictional league (2 divisions, 8 teams each), simmed through a season and a half, started the game on Saturday and got this message:
"OOTP cannot load this database because it has been created with an earlier version of OOTP. Please use the 'Import OOTP9' button to import database".
This is odd, as I've never owned OOTP9 nor has this computer ever had an earlier version of OOTP on it. Anyway, I tried this, it got to 'copying player names', went to 16% and froze.

So, eventually I gave up, started another new league, simmed quickly through a season, got up on Sunday, started up the game, went to "continue" and got the same message. Convinced something was wrong with the install, I uninstalled the game, gutted all the folders completely and deleted them, re-installed, set up another league, simmed a season and a quarter, (saving the game constantly now), exited, shut down the computer.

Restarted the computer, started the game up, clicked "continue (game)" and got the same exact error message.

WOW, this is one fragile piece of software. There appears to be no error logs, so I am at a loss as to what to do. Any ideas on where to start??

Thanks,
Joe
Old 02-21-2010, 09:49 PM   #2
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

I'm no expert, but it sounds like one of the dat files got corrupted somehow. It might be missing some data and interpretting that as having a file structure similar to OOTP9.

Did you have a computer crash or some other event that caused the game to shutdown abnormally? Usually those are the types of things that cause corruptions. Not sure their is much you can do in that case.

Can you still make a new game or play other games without issue?

Maybe somebody else will have another idea.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:45 PM   #3
joe_44850
Minors (Single A)

I did have a crash, but I didn't think about it, as the game was not running at the time. Windows Update happens automatically on my computer at midnight. It was causing very strange things to happen on the computer -- not just the game. I uninstalled windows update, then uninstalled OOTP, re-installed, and I have not had any issues since (I did this a few days ago).

So, the game is fine, it was a system failure. Thanks for responding.
By the way, the game is awesome, and I'm going to pre-order OOTP11.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:50 PM   #4
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Great, glad to hear it. Thanks for letting us know you've corrected your problem. Enjoy v11!

Mod, close us out.
Closed Thread