Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 03-11-2017, 10:55 AM   #41
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 25th, 1985

Jeff Robinson is starting for us. He has struggled so far this year, going 0-2 with an ERA over 7. The Reds have Jeff Russell who hasn't done a lot better... but he did pretty well when he faced us.

I went 2 for 3 against him so I am hoping for a good day.

Eric Davis struck first, hitting one out to give the Reds a 1-0 lead before we got an at-bat.

I led off the Giants side by singling to enter. I stole 2nd on the second pitch to Chris Brown. Then Russell pinked Chris! Intentional? In the 1st? I expect not.
On the first pitch to Chili I swiped 3rd! That is 14 stolen bags for me already! I scored on a sac fly by Chili to tie the game.

My first defensive play came in the 2nd when I was on the receiving end of a nice throw by Kenny Smith to gun down Bill Almon trying to steal.

I came up in the 2nd with 2 out and Fran Mullins on 2nd. Russell struck me out.

In the 3rd Dan Driessen put one over the right field wall to put the Reds up 3-1.

In the bottom half Jeff Leonard pushed Chris Brown across to narrow the lead to one run.

In the 4th I came up with one out and Robinson on 1st. I worked a walk. Brown singled to load 'em up and then Chili tied the game the hard way... by getting plunked by Russell.
Obviously no intention that time.
That's all we got, but the game was now tied at 3.

In the 5th I started a double play that got Driessen and Davis out to end the inning. Priske - Mullins - Deer

Curt Brown took over for Robinson during that frame and was pinch-hit for right after. Frank Williams came in to start the 6th. He gave up a sac fly to Don Werner that scored Almon and the Reds were back up 4-3.

I flied out to right to start our at-bats that inning.

In the 7th I started another double play, erasing Tracy Jones and Wade Rowden.

In the 8th Williams gave up another run, scoring Paul Householder on a Bill Almon single with none out. After a successful bunt by Will Clark, Nestor pulled Frank and brought in Scott Garrelts. He got us out of it but we now trailed 5-3.

John Franco came in to pitch for the Reds. Sixto Lezacano had come in for Terry Harper on a double switch and he singled. Unfortunately I couldn't follow through and struck out for the second time in the game. We didn't manage a run.

Garrelts gave up a double to Eric Davis with two out and Nestor turned to Pat Perry, also bringing in John Stearns to catch for him. Pat got Householder to ground out to me and we went on to the bottom half, down by 2.

And we couldn't close the gap. We lost 5-3.

We now had a record of 6-9. We are a half game ahead of the Braves for the NL East basement. Not good.

The Padres are rocking so far this year with the best record in baseball at 12-3.

After the game it was announced that Fran Mullins was heading down to Phoenix as Ken Oberkfell was activated from the D.L.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 06:56 AM   #42
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

The Reds are still in town and we have Dave Linton on the mound facing Tom Browning.

Dave could really use a good game here.

Browning beat us already this year but we got out licks in. I went 2 for 4 against him.

Ken Oberkfell is back in the line-up. Let's do this!

Tracy Jones walked two lead things off but then Dan Driessen grounded to Kenny who tried for the double play. Jones took me out. Hard. So this i show it is going to be, is it?

I led off on the bottom of the 1st and Browning struck me out.

In the 2nd our bats did some damage, scoring 3 times - including back-to-back homers by Jeff Leonard and Terry Harper. They got one back in the 3rd. Dave was using a lot pf pitches, but keeping them mostly off the board.

I led off by flying out to Paul Householder in right.

Dave got pulled in the 5th for Curt Brown. Hey wore himself out and still won't pick up a win. Driven scored that inning, credited to Dave, though Brown was on the mound. I ended things by snagging a line drive by Alan Knicely.

In the 5th I came up with 2 out and Kenny Oberkfell on 2nd. I got thunked by Browning. No intent, I am sure, but this has been a painful game.

We didn't score and were still up 3-2.

I started out the 6th by showing out Mark Gilbert on a ground ball.

In the bottom of the frame, the guys got it going again, scoring 3 more times!

Pat Perry pitched the 7th. He allowed a couple of baserunners by stopped the Reds from scoring.

I led off our half by grounding out to Tracy Jones at 2nd.

Mark Davis came in for us during the 9th and the got the final two outs to give us the 6-2 win!

We are 7-9... though I wish I had a better game.

We've got the Reds again tomorrow.

Old 03-16-2017, 06:58 AM   #43
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 27th, 1985

Today we have Terry Mulholland going against Ron Robinson and the Reds.

This is our first crack at Robinson.

I led off our side and my first at bat vs Robinson ended in a strikeout.

The Reds scored a couple of times in the 2nd. It could have been worse but Kenny Smith held on to the ball when Lee Mazzilli crashed into him. Dirty play.

I came up in the 3rd with 2 out and Mulholland on 1st. Robinson struck me out again.

The Reds scored a couple more times in the 5th and we were down 4-0.

I came up that inning after Kenny Smith had knocked Oberkfell in and was on 2nd with 2 out. This time I smacked an RBI single to left. I stole 2nd, even though they pitched out. Sweet. That makes 15 bags. That one was on Joe Piece who came in to pitch after my hit.

We trailed 4-2.

Frank Williams came in for us during the 6th. He has struggled so far this year. Rob Deer hi ta solo shot in the bottom half and their lead was down to one.

In the 7th I came up with 2 out and the bases empty. I lined out to Eric Davis in centre.

Scott Garrelts took the mound for us in the 8th. In the bottom half Deer hit ANOTHER solo homer to tie the game at 4!

Ron Davis took the hill of run as we went into extras. The Reds loaded them up but Ron was able to stop them from scoring.

Nestor pinch hit for me in the bottom half with Eddie Vargas.

The Reds ended up scoring in the 13th and beating us 5-4. Neither Vargas nor John Stearns, who came in to play short, got a hit.

After the game Stearns was Designated for Assignment as Bob Brenly was activated. The team could use the boost.

We have the Reds again tomorrow.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:15 PM   #44
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 28th, 1985

Today we faced Mario Soto ad the Reds. We had Mike Krukow up. I goose egged vs Soto last time.

Today we had Bob Brenly in the line-up for the first time this year.

Also, Nestor moved Ken Oberkfell over to 3rd, taking Chris Brown out, and John Castino was in at 2nd. Is this the new regular line-up?

Eric Davis parked one in the 1st for a two run lead.

I led off the bottom half by blaming one out to the centre field wall... and having Davis make an amazing catch to erase my hit.

I led off again in the 4th and Soto struck me out.

I next came up in the 6th with two out and empty bags and hit a weak grounder to Nick Esasky, but he dropped the ball and I was safe on an E-5. I then did what I do and stole 2nd, despite there being a pitch pit. SB #16. Stranded. Still 2-0 Reds.

In the 7th I was the middle piece in a Castino-Priske-Deer double play, nailing Bill Almon and Duane Walker.

Terry Harper plated Deer that inning to narrow the lead to one run.

In the 8th Harper was pulled in a double switch for Sixto Lexcano as Frank Williams took the mound for Krukow. Williams struck out Eric Davis with a couple on to get out of it. Castino also left, bringing Chris Brown in.

In the bottom half I came up with one out and nobody on, now facing Frank Pastore. I did no better against him. I struck out.

In the 9th we wen the other way with a Priske-Oberkfell-Deer double play, nailing Esasky and Almon.

We just couldn't get that last run and lost 2-1.

We are now 7-11.

Tomorrow is a travel day as we are heading to Chicago.

Old 03-21-2017, 07:18 AM   #45
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 30th, 1985

My first time in Chicago. Heck of a city! Wrigley Field!

We have Atlee Hammaker - who has been ACES so far this season - taking on Chuck Rainey and the Cubs.

Time to pick up a win after losing two in a row.

I led off the game against Rainey by outrunning an infield single to Leon Durham at first. You know what is coming next... I picked up stolen base #17 on the first pitch to Kenny Oberkfell. I stole 3rd for #18 on the 3rd pitch. I scored on an Oberkfell grounder.

In the 2nd the Cubbies got it back when Ryne Sandberg hit one over the CF wall. Also that inning I started a Priske-Castino-Deer double play to erase Mel Hall and Jody Davis.

In the 3rd I came up with one out and nobody on and once again outran an infield hit for a single. Stolen base #19. Then I scored from 2nd when Kenny singled to centre. The inning got better and better, capped off with a 3-run homer by Jeff Leonard. We led 5-1.

The bottom of the inning was as bad as the top half was good. They scored 4 times, including a Leon Durham homer. By the time I caught a liner by Davis for the 3rd out the game was tied at 5.

In the 4th I came up with one out and Castino on 2nd. I blasted one to the wall but Bob Dernier managed to come up with it. Castino moved up so at least it was a 'productive out'.

In the 6th I came up with one out, Terry Harper on 2nd and Castino on 1st. (Atlee was pulled for a pinch hitter but Sixto Lezcano popped out.) I wa facing receiver Ray Soff.

And I hit my first major league home run.

Wow.

(I got the ball later. This one is a keeper!)

We had the lead back, 8-5.

Curt Brown came in to pitch for us. Maybe that homer took my mind out of the game because I made my 4th error of the season and the very first play once I took the field. I messed up a throw on a Sandberg grounder. Rob Deer made sure it didn't get past him, but it shouldn't have happened. Then Sandberg tried to steal and Bob Brenly threw it away and I couldn't do what Deer did. Ryne took 3rd. He ended up scoring on a Mel Hall sac fly. Another ball got past when Garry Templeton hit a little pop to shallow centre that neither Chili or I could reach. We got out of it with only the one run, but I was not happy with my defense there.

In the 7th I came up, facing Dickie Noles, with pinch hitter Eddie Vargas on 2nd and two out. I flied out to centre to end the inning, but only after we scored 3 times and took an 11-6 lead!

Pat Perry came in to pitch the 7th for us. That inning went well but in the 8th he gave up a couple on a double by pinch-hitter Tony Armas. He got the hook and Mark Davis came in. He got out of it and the lead was now 11-8.

In the 9th I came up with one out and Castino on 2nd and Kenny Smith (pinch hitting) on 1st. I flied out to right. We scored a couple more that inning and went into the bottom half with a 13-8 lead.

Scott Garrelts took the mound to end things and he did so in three batters, including two strikeouts.

We won!

And my first homer!

I was named Player of the Game after going 3 for 6, a home run, 3 RBI, 3 runs scored, and 3 stolen bases!

We found out later that John Stearns was gone. He was picked off waivers by the Braves.

Tomorrow there will be two struggling pitchers going - Jeff Robinson for us and Scott McGregor for the Cubs.

Old 03-26-2017, 10:54 PM   #46
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

Rob Deer was name the NL Rookie of the Month for April. Way to go Robbie!

May 1st, 1985

Jeff Robinson is 0-2 with an ERA over 7 so far. He i showing to turn that around against the Cubs today. They are sending Scott McGregor who is also 0-2 with an ERA just under 6.

I led off the game by striking out. In the bottom frame I snagged a grounder by Leon Durham to end the inning.

I led off again in the 3rd and struck out again. Frowny face.
I handled a line drive by McGregor for the 2nd out and took a throw from Bob Brenly to throw out Bob Dernier trying to steal for the 3rd out in the bottom half.

In the 4th Jeff Leonard smacked a 2-run shot to give us the lead, but Leon Durham matched the feat in the bottom half to tie it up. I took a pop up by Jody Davis for out #2 but then Mel Hall hit a solo shot to out the Cubs up 3-2. Garry Templeton grounded out to me to end it.

In the 5th I came up with one out and empty bags and I popped out to Templeton.

Mark Davis came in to pitch in the 7th. Shawn Dunston popped out to me for the 3rd out... at least he would have, if I hadn't dropped it.

Another error. Unacceptable.

At least it didn't lead to a run.

Rich Bordi came in to pitch for the Cubbies in the 8th and the first batter he faced was me. Dunston returned the 'favour' and fumbled a grounder, putting me on 1st. One out later Chili Davis cracked a double, moving me to 3rd. Rob Deer singled and I crossed to tie the game at 3! We scored twice more before the inning was up and we led 5-3.

In the 9th, with Bruce Sutter now on the mound, Kenny Smith pinch hit for Davis with one out and reached on a single. I was next but stood helpless as Smith was gunned down trying to steal. I grounded out to Templeton.

Ron Davis came in to close things out. He is 4 for 4 so far in save chances. Three outs later he is 5 for 5.

We won! 9-11. Let's get back to .500!

I did not have a great game, though. No hits and an error.

We have a travel day next and then we are off to St. Louis!

But first, some bad news. My roomie Dave Linton was sent down to AA Shreveport. John Rabb was sent to AAA Phoenix as well.

Colin Ward and Brian Harper were called up.

I'll need to find a new roomie when I get back to San Fran.

Old 03-30-2017, 08:12 AM   #47
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 3rd, 1985

We are in St,Louis to face the Cardinals.

We have Mike Krukow going vs Danny Cox.

Let's do this!

Things start off right as I single to right field. Chris Brown does the same right behind me and I move up to 3rd. Chili Davis walks to load them up with none out. After Rob Deer strikes out I score on a sac fly by Jeff Leonard. That's all we get.

I come up in the 2nd with 2 out and Terry Harper on 3rd. Cox strikes me out.

In the 3rd, after the Cardinals tied the game, Vince Coleman stole 2nd when I didn't cover the base. Mental mistake.

In the 4th we got the lead back when Krukow knocked Harper in. Kenny Oberkfell also tried to score but was thrown out to end the inning.

I lead off the 5th by grounding up to the mound.

I made my first defensive play in the 6th, handling a Coleman grounder (with a little help from Deer on the back end.) I then did the same on a ball hit by Willie McGee for the 3rd out.

In the 7th I came up with Oberkfell on 2nd and one out. I legged out an infield hit to short, with Kenny going to 3rd. I stole 2nd for steal #20. Kenny scored on a ground out by Chris Brown and then Chili singled and I tried to score from 2nd.

The key word is 'tried'. We led 3-1.

Andy Van Slyke homered in the bottom half to pull back within one. After Darrell Porter singled with one out and the Cardinals called for pinch-hitter Oddibe McDowell, Nestor made a change and brought Mark Davis in to pitch. He got out of it.

We scored two more in the 8th before I grounded out against Ricky Horton with Oberkfell on 2nd to end the frame. We lead 5-2.

Mark had be pulled for a pinch hitter so Ron Davis took the mound.
I tried to pivot a double play by Terry Pendleton, but Coleman took me out hard. Cheap.

We scored two more in the 9th, including a Chris Brown home run, and led 7-2 going into the bottom of the 9th.

I snagged a nice liner by Juan Beniquez for the 2nd out and a couple of batter slater we were within one game of .500 at 10-11 and had won three in a row.

Big challenge tomorrow as we face Joaquin Andujar.

Old 04-02-2017, 09:10 AM   #48
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 4th, 1985

In St.Louis facing Joaquin Andujar. We have Terry Mulholland. Seems tough but we are on a bit of a roll right now.

Things started off well as I dropped a single into shallow right. On the second pitch to Chris Brown I swiped my 21st bag of the season. On the 3rd pitch I made in 22 and induced Darrell Porter into a sloppy throw that got past Terry Pendleton. I scored on the error.

We were up 1-0.

I led off again in the 3rd but do not so as well, grounding out harmlessly to Andujar.

In the 4th we lost the lead as Kelly Paris hit one over the right field wall with a man on to put the Cards up 2-1.

In the 5th I came up with two out and nobody on. I hit a grounder to Bill Lyons, deep at 2nd, and outran him for an infield hit. I ran on the second pitch again, but this time they suspected and pitched out. Porter rushed, though, and made a bad throw so I not only picked up my 3rd stolen base of the game, but I also moved up to 3rd on the error. Brown ended up walking and then Chill Davis singled, pushing me a cross to tie the game.

In the 6th Juan Beniquez singled past me. I thought I could reach it but it was just out of range.

In the 7th I came up with one out and Kenny Oberkfell on 2nd. I grounded out to Lyons, moving Kenny up. We couldn't cash him in.

Mark Davis took the mound in the 7th so no W for Terry. The same thing for Andujar as he gave way to Neil Allen in the top of the 8th.

I finally made a play in the 8th when Beniquez smashed one to the same spot as earlier but I was positioned slightly different and snagged the line drive. The announcers called it a sensational play. A couple of batters later I handled a grounder by pinch-hitter Ray Knight to end the inning.

Jeff Lahti took the ball for St.Louis in the 9th and started by plunking Oberkfell. No intention. John Castino pinch hit for Davis and got a productive grounder, moving Kenny to 2nd. I was due up... but despite going 2 for 4 today, Nestor lifted me for Brian Harper.

He struck out.

We won 3-2 in the 11th.

I am hoary we won. I am unhappy that Nestor still doesn't seem to have confidence in me when the chips are down. Is it my age?

We are back to .500 and have won 4 in a row. Tomorrow we have an afternoon game with Atlee Hammaker facing Dave Lapoint.

Old 04-04-2017, 08:02 AM   #49
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 5th, 1985

Atlee Hammaker is facing Dave LaPoint and the Cardinals.We have won four in a row. Let's keep it rolling!

I thought I had started thing off with a single to right but Andy Van Slyke made a great catch to stop that.

I made my first defensive play of the game of the second Cards batter. Terry Pendleton grounded to me and I tried to start a double play but Lonnie Smith had a nice take out slide on Kenny Oberkfell to break it up.

In the 2nd Bob Brenly knocked in Jeff Leonard to give us the 1-0 lead.

In the top of the 3rd I came up with two out and nobody on and grounded out to Juan Beniquez at 1st.

I returned the favour with the first out of the bottom half, handling a LaPoint grounder. Later it was my turn to get taken out on a double play attempt... this time by Pendleton.

In the 5th we got two more runs, though I struck out and didn't help. 3-0 Giants.

Atlee got in a little trouble in the 5th, loading the bases with only one out, but he pitched out of it, striking out Beniquez and Darrell Porter too trans all three.

Terry Harper got his 2nd RBI of the day in the 6th, putting us up 4-0.

In the bottom half, I got the 3rd out, taking a Lonnie Smith grounder.

In the 7th, now facing Burt Hooton, I reached on an error to Bill Lyons. I stole 2nd and scored on a Chili Davis double. 5-0. Another run in the 8th. 6-0.

In the 9th I flew out to Smith in left with one out. Looks like a big fat goose-egg for me today.

Scott Gerrelts pitched the 9th for us and downed 3 in a row to preserve the shutout and our fifth straight win.

We have pushed our way to 3rd in the NL West, behind the Padres and Reds.

After the game John Rabb was called back up. Brian Harper was waived. He was on the team for a month and got one at-bat.

The road trip continues! Next stop: Pittsburgh!

Old 04-07-2017, 07:54 AM   #50
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 6th, 1985

We are in Pittsburgh today, taking on Rock Rhoden and the Pirates. We have Jeff Robinson going. Jeff has really struggled so far this year.

We have won 5 in a row.

I started off the game by grounding out to Johnny Ray at 2nd.

In the 2nd the Pirates scored a couple and treated more before Rhoden hit into an Oberkfell-Priske-Deer double play on a 3-0 count. What was he thinking?

I came up in the 3rd with Kenny on 1st and 2 out. Rhoden struck me out.

Bill Madlock hit into the same double play to end the 4th. It was still 2-0 Pirates.

In the 5th Oberkfell knocked in Bob Brenly to cut the lead to one run.

I handled a grounded from Greg Gross to kick off the bottom of the 5th. An Onberkfell error gave the run back. I took a Joe Orsulak pop for the 2nd out. Pirates 3, Giants 1.

I led off the 6th with a weak grounded to Madlock at 3rd which I outran for an infield hit. Off course I immediately picked up stolen base #25. I was stranded there.

I ended the 6th by grabbing a high bounce grounder by Tony Pena.

Frank Williams took over for Robinson in the 7th with a double switch that put John Rabb behind the plate. I helped Frankie out by grabbing a tough grounder off the bat of Ozzie Smith for the 3rd out.

In the 8th I came up with one out and the bases empty. I singled to right. Chris Brown singled behind me and I moved up to 2nd. Chili Davis hit into a double play to end the threat.

That was our last real chance and we lost 3-1 to end out winning streak and put us back to .500

Tomorrow we face Jim Beattie, who has struggled to an ERA over 7. We have Colin Ward, who is making his first major league appearance.

Old 04-09-2017, 03:25 PM   #51
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 7th, 1985

Two evenly matched teams by record (we are 12-12, the Pirates are 11-12).
They have a struggling Jim Beattie (0-2, 7.30 era). We have a major-league debut by Colin Ward. Day game in Pittsburgh.

I am a still underperforming, in my opinion. I am hitting .268 with only one homer. I am stealing up a storm, though, and my defense has been okay.

Let's see how it goes today.

I lead off against Beattie and I blast a double to right field. I make the turn and try to stretch it to a triple... and I am thrown out by Kirk Gibson.

Nestor praised me for my aggressiveness and hustle, but still...

Ward gave up a single to the first batter he faced - Ozzie Smith - but then Kenny Smith and I teamed up to gun him down trying to steal. Then Joe Orsulak smashed a liner up the middle and I got in in a diving grab! We got out of it without giving up a run but Ward looked a little shaky out there. I am sure he will settle down in the 2nd.

Kenny Smith knocked in Terry Harper in the 2nd to put us up 1-0.

I was right about Ward. He got three in order, including two strikeouts.

I came up in the 3rd with one out and nobody on. I popped out to Ozzie at short.

I got the first out of the bottom half - a grounder by Beattie. Then I got the 3rd out - a grounder by Robin Yount. So far, so good.

I was up again in the 5th. This time there was one out and Ken Oberkfell standing on 2nd. Beattie struck me out.

In the bottom half we got the first half of a double play but Greg Gross took out Kenny O to save Denny Gonzalez.

In the 6th Tom O'Malley pinch-hit for Ward and he sac flied to score Jeff Leonard. I came up with Harper on 2nd and Kenny O on 1st, facing Bob Walk on the hill. I singled to centre and Harper scored.

We now lead 3-0.

Curt Brown came in to pitch. He got his 3 in the 6th before giving up one run in the 7th after a triple by Bill Madlock and a sac fly by Greg Gross.

I came up in the 8th with Kenny O on 1st and two out. I grounded out to Gonzalez at 2nd.

Ron Davis came in to pitch the 8th. A bit of sloppy play ended up with the Pirates scoring a run. I got the 2nd and 3rd outs grounders by Yount and Gibson.

Out lead was down to one run... but it held.

We won 3-2 and are now 13-12.

Colin Ward picked up the win in his debut and was named Player of the Game.

Elsewhere today Buddy Bell of the Orioles got his 2000th career hit.

Man, what would THAT be like?

Someone just told me I am 3rd in WAR among NL hitters. Really?

Back home!

I am moving in with Chris Brown. (The team is nervous about me living on my own for some reason.)

The Cubs are in town tomorrow. We have Mike Krukow up there and they are giving us Bob Owchinko. I have never faced him,

Last edited by rpriske; 04-12-2017 at 11:27 PM.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:59 PM   #52
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 9th, 1985

We are home with the Cubs in town. Mike Krukow and Bob Owchinko have had similar results so far.

Mikey got through the top of the first without giving up a run. I led off the bottom half and I hit what looked to be a single to left but Mel Hall made a great sliding catch to rob me.

In the 3rd I started a Priske - Oberkfell - Deer double play to nail Gary Jones and Ryne Sandberg to end the inning. In the bottom half I came up with two out and Terry Harper on 2nd. Owchinko struck me out.

I started out the 4th by grabbing a pop fly off the bat of Leon Durham. The Cubs drew first blood the frame with an RBI single by Dave Valle, scoring Hall. 1-0 Cubs.

I got the 3rd out in the 5th, handling a Sandberg grounder with no trouble.
In the bottom of the 5th I came up with one out and Harper, Oberkfell, and Krukow filling the bags. I grounded out but Harper came home. I tied the game! Chris Brown walked and then Chili Davis hit a bases-clearing double! 4-1 Giants!

In the 7th Krukow gave way to Mark Davis (and a double switch pulled Bob Brenly for John Rabb). Rabb immediately threw out Dave Martinez trying to steal to end the inning!

I came up with two out and nobody on, now facing Rich Bordi. He struck me out too.

In the 8th Jeff Leonard knocked in Chili to put us up 5-1.

Scott Garrelts came in to pitch the 9th. The Cubs went in order and we had won the game!

Nice homecoming!

We are only a game behind the Padres, but there is a lot of baseball still to play!

Brian Harper cleared waivers and is off to Phoenix.

Terry Mulholland is up for us tomorrow with Darryl Banks going for the Cubbies.

Last edited by rpriske; 04-13-2017 at 12:04 AM.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:43 AM   #53
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 9th, 1985

Today Darryl Banks is pitching for the Cubs. He is a rookie so I am not familiar with him. He doesn't look too tough, but you never know.

We have Terry Mulholland. Bigger prospect but so far their results are comparable.

Personally, I just want to get my home batting average above .200 and catch the Padres.

In the 1st Terry gave up a hit and a walk but I took Jody Davis' grounder to get the 3rd out with no damage done.

I led off the bottom half by grounding out to Ryne Sandberg at 2nd.

In the 2nd we ended the inning with an amazing Brenly - Priske - Deer double play (with me covering 3rd) to get Mel Hall and Banks he had tried for a sac bunt. Pretty nice.

In the 3rd I hooked up with Brenly again as I took his throw to gun down Bob Dernier trying to steal. Our defence was going pretty well but Sandberg singled between me and Kenny Oberkfell. No error but I think we should have reached it. Then Sandberg stole 2nd ON A PITCH OUT.

Thankfully we got out of that without anyone scoring.

I came up in the 3rd with two out and Kenny O on 2nd. I struck out. Why can't I hit at home?

I handled a Dernier grounder for the 1st out and a Gary Joins grounder of the 2nd out in the 5th.

In the bottom of the 6th I came up with one out and nobody on. I grounded out to Shawn Dunston at 3rd. 0 for 3.

In the 7th the Cubs scored on a wild pitch by Terry. Then they got two more off a double by Leon Durham. We trailed 3-0. Mark Davis relieved Terry M but he gave up another run.

4-0

In the 8th Davis gave up another run before I speared a liner by Dernier for the 1st out.

5-0

I came up in the 8th with Terry Harper on 1st and one out. Al Holland was pitching. (Do they call him Swamp Thing? They should.) I flew out to Mel Hall in left. 0 for 4.

Curt Brown pitched the 9th.

Bob Brenly hit s solo homer in the last frame. We lost 5-1.

I am happy with my defensive play today but I got goose egg at the plate and we lost. No celebrations here.

That's it for the Cubs. The Cardinals are in tow next. They are brining Dave LaPoint, who has pitched well but not gotten the wins to show for it. We have Atlee Hammaker, who is clearly our best pitcher these days.

I went 0 for 3 vs LaPoint when we faced him before. Hammaker shut out the Cards already this year. I like our chances.

Old 04-16-2017, 02:44 PM   #54
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 10th, 1985

We;ve got Atlee Hammaker facing Dave LaPoint and the Cards.

I feel good about our chances today.

That went away quickly as the Cardinals scored twice in the top of the 1st.

I led off the bottom of the 1st and LaPoint struck me out.

I handled a grounder by Lonnie Smith to get the 3rd out in the 2nd.

St.Louis scored again in the 3rd. 3-0.

I came up in the 3rd with two out and Kenny Oberkfell on 3rd. I couldn't get it done. I grounded out to Bill Lyons at short.

In the 6th I came up with two out and the bases empty. I grounded out to Lyons again.

Frank Williams took eh mound for us in the 7th. I got the 3rd out for him in the 8th, handling a Juan Beniquez grounder.

The Cards scored two more times in the top of the 9th. We had five runs to make up.

I got my last chance with one out and nobody on. I grounded to short again, but this time it was Darrel Thomas playing there and he mucked it up. I was safe on his throwing error. Chris Brown hit into a double play and it was over.

5-0 Cardinals. We only managed 3 hits (and none were mine.)

No win for Atlee and now we are using Jeff Robinson, who has yet to get a win at all. The Cards are throwing John Stuper at us. I haven't faced him yet.

Old 04-18-2017, 08:12 AM   #55
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 11th, 1985

Jeff Robinson for us and John Stuper for the Cardinals.

Let's go!

I got into it right from the first batter as Lonnie Smith grounded out to me.

I led off the bottom of the 1st by grounding out to Tom Herr at 2nd.

I made a solid play on the 2nd to stop a ball going into the outfield but it was still an infield hit by Smith. The inning went poorly. Herr singled past me to score the 3rd run before we even got an out.

By them time we finished them off, the Cards had scored EIGHT times.
They scored another in the 3rd before Nestor finally pulled Robinson. Curt Brown took over. He gave up another. 10-0.

In the 3rd I grounded out to Juan Beniquez at 1st with one out and nobody one.

We actually managed a couple of runs on the 4th but they were right back at it in the 5th. 13-2.

I struck out in the 5th. We were floundering and I was doing nothing to help.

I handled a pop-up by Terry Pendleton and a Priske - Oberkfell - Deer double play to get Darrell Porter and David Green in the 6th. Big deal.

Pat Perry came in to pitch for us in the 7th. Later that inning I came up with one out and nobody on, now facing Burt Hooton. I popped out to Herr.

Scott Garrelts pitched for us in the 8th. It started to rain that inning. Would we get a mercy rule rain out? No.

I got a little scare that inning. While trying to pivot a double play I twisted my ankle. The trainer came out but everything was okay. I walked it off.

The Cards scored another run that inning. 14-2.

Ron Davis came in to pitch for us in the 9th.

Oddibe McDowell tried too teal 3rd and was thrown out.

Tried to steal 3rd. In the 9th. Up by 12.

Someone deserves to wear a fastball for that.

Instead I start a double play off Herr to end the inning.

We lost 14-2.

And I am angry.

We have the Cardinals tomorrow. Will there be fireworks?

Old 04-22-2017, 01:28 AM   #56
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 12th, 1985

We have Colin Ward, who went 5 scoreless innings in his first start, facing the Cardinals and Rich Gale, who has done very well so far this year.

Both teams are 14-15.

Things are still a little tense after the move by Oddibe McDowell. He isn't starting, though.

It didn't take long for Colin to give up his first run... in the 1st off a sac fly by Andy Van Slyke, scoring Tom Herr.

I led off the bottom half by flying out to Lonnie Smith in left.

In the 2nd I snatched a liner by Terry Pendleton for the first out. St. Louis struck again, however, as Gale hit a 2 run double. 3-0 Cardinals

In the 3rd I came up with two out and nobody on and Gale struck me out.

In the 4th Smith hit an RBI single and then Herr scored another on a ground out. I grabbed a grounder by Willie McGee for the 2nd out but the damage was done. 5-0 Cardinals.

In the 5th, after Ward allowed the first two batters to reach, Nestor called in Pat Perry. He got out of it.

I came up in the 6th with one out and empty bases and cracked a double to left. I quickly stole 3rd to make me 26 for 28 in stolen bases. I then scored our first run and a single by Chris Brown. 5-1 St.Louis

I handled a grounder by Bill Lyons for the 3rd out in the 7th.

Later tha tinnign I came up with Kenny Oberkfell on 2nd and Tom O'Malley on 1st and two out, facing a fresh arm in lefty Dave Rucker. I grounded out to Juan Beniquez at 1st.

Frank Williams came in to pitch for us in the 8th. In the 9th he loaded the bases before getting an out but then pitched out of it without allowing a run!

Neil Allen handled the last two innings for the Cards and we couldn't manage another run.

We lost 5-1.

That is 4 losses in a row.

We got a much needed off day on Monday and then the Pirates come to town.

Old 04-23-2017, 07:55 PM   #57
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 14th, 1985

Jose de Leon and the Pirates are in town. We have Mike Krukow going.

I haven't faced de Leon but he looks pretty good. We have lost four in a row. We've got to stop that.

I led off the bottom of the 1st with a single to centre! Jeff Leonard flew out but then I got stolen base #27. I got no further.

A Castino - Priske - Deer double play got Bill Madlock and Greg Gross to get out of the 2nd.

In the 3rd I came up with one out and John Castino on 2nd. RBI single to left! Then stolen base #28. I was left there again, but we led 1-0!

In the 4th Bob Brenly hit a two-run homer! 3-0!

In the 5th I came up with one out and the bases clear. I flew out to Kirk Gibson in right.

In the 7th Terry harper hit a solo homer! Later that inning I came up with two out and Castino on 2nd. I grounded out to Dale Berra at short. 4-0

Brenly knocked in another run in the 8th! 5-0!

Krukow pitched a 3-hit shut out!

Old 04-23-2017, 08:29 PM   #58
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 15th, 1985

Big game today! Atlee hammer vs John Candelaria and the Pirates!

Let's keep the momentum from yesterday!

In the 1st I took a grounder by Denny Gonzalez. (I had no chances yesterday.) The Pirates pushed one across before we got an at-bat.

I struck out to lead off. I got another grounder in the 2nd to get Greg Gross for the 3rd out.

I came up in the 3rd with one out at Hammaker on 1st. I reached on a fielder's choice. I made the most of it by stealing base #29. I was left there.

I made the first out in the 4th, grabbing another grounder by Gonzalez. I then grabbed a nasty liner by Gross and a grounder by Dale Berra in the 5th. (From no chances to LOTS)

I came up in the 6th with one out and nobody on. I returned the favour by grounding out to Gonzalez at 2nd.

Atlee pitched himself out of a base loaded jam in the 7th and we still trailed 1-0... until Rob Deer hit a solo shot that inning to tie it up!

In the 8th I jumped and snagged a liner by Robin Yount for the 2nd out and handled a grounder by Kirk Gibson for the 3rd.

John Castin pinch hit for Kenny Oberkfell to lead off our half of the 8th and he swatted a home run to put us up 2-0! On out later I came up and grounded out to Ron Wotus at 1st.

Ron Davis came in to close out the 9th for us. That did not go so great. Tony Pena singled and then Bill Madlock singles and a misplay by Terry Harper put them on 2nd and 3rd with still none out. But then Ron struck out pinch-hitter Steve Kemp. But then he uncorked a wild pitch to pnch0hitter Willie Aikens and Pen scored, tying the game. He struck out Aikens and pinch-hitter Tim Tolman and we went to the bottom of the 9th tied 2-2.

We couldn't score and it was extra innings.

Nestor stuck with Davis and he gave up a single to Joe Orsulak and then another to Gonzalez. Orsulak tried to go too 3rd and Kenny Smith, who had replaced Chili Davis for defense in centre, gunned him down at 3rd. Tom O'Malley came up hurting after the slide but he is tough. Gonzalez got as far as 3rd but Davis got out of it.

I came up in the 10th, now facing Lee Smith, with two out and nobody on. I flew out to Gibson in right. On to inning #11.

Mark Davis replaced Ron Davis. He got the Pirate sin order, including a 3rd out foul pop by Kemp that I caught.

In the 12th he gave up a single to Orsulak he moved up a bag on a balk but was then gunned out by Brenly trying to steal 3rd.

In the 13th I got Gonzalez trying to go to 2nd on a Gibson grounder for the 2nd out, but we couldn't get the double play. A Pena single and a hit batsman on Madlock and the bases were loaded. Mark struck out Cecilio Guante and got out of it.

Both teams had run out of pitch hitters.

I faced Guante to lead off our half of the 13th and singled past Yount at short. Then Tom O'Malley cracked a ball into the right field corner and I scored from 1st!

We won in 13! 3-2!

Along the way Jeff Leonard hurt his PCL while running the bases. It looks like a D.L. stint for sure.

The next morning it was confirmed. He went to the 15-day and Mike Aldrete was called up from Phoenix.

Travel day. We are heading to New York to face the Mets!

Old 04-26-2017, 08:10 AM   #59
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 17th, 1985

New York City! Shea Stadium! The Mets!

Jeff Robinson vs Sid Fernandez!

(Okay, the last line isn't that iconic...)

I led the game off, facing Fernandez for the first time, and he struck me out.

I came up again in the 3rd with two out and Kenny Oberkfell on 2nd. I worked a walk. (Something I need to do more of.) Chris Brown grounded out to end the inning.

In the bottom of the 3rd I took a grounded by Mike Fitzgerald and then... threw it away. Two-base throwing error. Unacceptable. My 7th error already this year. By the time I took a Cesar Cedeno grounder for the 3rd out, the Mets had scored FOUR unearned runs. If we lose this game it is on my head.

In the 4th I let a Larry Herndon single get past me. I think I have really rattled myself. We did follow it with an Oberkfell - Priske - O'Malley double play to get Herndon and Fitzgerald and I took a Fernandez grounder for the 3rd out.

We repeated the double play in the 5th - now with Curt Brown pitching for us - to erase Lenny Dykstra and Wally Backman.

I came up in the 6th with one out and nobody on, desperately wanting to turn this around. I flew out to Herndon in left.

Pat Perry came in to pitch for us in the bottom of the 8th. I handled a Hubie Brooks grounder for the 2nd out.

I led off the top of the 9th and struck out. It ruined out to be a No-Hitter by Sid Fernandez.

We lost 4-0. The loss was entirely my fault.

We are back below .500

And tomorrow we face Ron Darling. It doesn't get any easier.

Old 04-26-2017, 11:43 AM   #60
baseballfanmas
All Star Reserve

Kinda skimmed through this dynasty so far, but it sounds like Rusty is a threat to steal any base, every time he gets on. Nice job getting his first homer. I'm digging this concept, keep it up. Although I have to admit, with his stats in spring training, I'll never understand why Rusty made the big league squad
baseballfanmas is offline   Reply With Quote