Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - Online Leagues

OOTP 17 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 17 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 06-03-2016, 12:15 PM   #1
Buane
Minors (Double A)

Rising Star League moves to OOTP17

Hello all!

I'm looking for a few new members to join my online OOTP league as we make the jump to OOTP17 this weekend. The Rising Star League started back in OOTP version 9, so we're about to enter our eighth year of existence! We just closed the books on our 37th season, which ended with one of the great clutch performances of all time - a 3 HR game in the ninth and deciding game of the League Championship series! On top of that drama, we have quite a few interesting changes lined up for our 38th season. It's the perfect time to bring some new people aboard if they're looking for a fun, competitive, reliable league to join!

First, a few league specifics that may or may not turn people off immediately:
The RSL is a potential-only league, meaning current ratings are hidden.
The RSL is a completely fictional league (with the odd team name or two that exist as homages to the MLB).
We use the 1-10 ratings system.
Scouts and Coaches are both turned OFF (though I'd love to turn Coaches on some day if we get some better coach performance history tracking).
During the season, we sim four days a week (Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday), one game-week at a time.

If you're still interested, then you can check out the league reports here while I go into some more league specifics on the open teams and where we are currently.

So we have two longtime RSL teams that are in need of ownership.

The first team, Phoenix, is an historic punching bag, coming off another dreadful season at 109 losses, its third straight 100-loss season. Phoenix is riding a league-record 35 season playoff drought and is in desperate need of a dedicated and capable GM who can step in and won't mind cleaning up the mess. I won't lie, they have very little major-league talent and their farm system is sparse. The person who succeeds here will have succeeded where many others failed.

The second team, Los Angeles, has only recently fallen on hard times. League Champions just four seasons ago, LA has seen it's future HOF pitcher and other key cogs break down, leading to the end of their string of six straight division titles two years ago and their first losing season in 10 years last year. The two best Free Agents on the market this offseason spent the last season with LA but refused to negotiate extensions, perhaps sensing the end of an era? LA is not quite dead yet, but they will need a lot of patching in Free Agency this year to try to recapture the magic.

Now, both these teams have LOTS of payroll space, so getting someone in who can take advantage of free agency to fill the open roster spots is a priority. I'd love to fill these sooner rather than later, and these teams would love to have a new GM!

This would usually conclude my league sales pitch. However, this year we've also got a few more open teams. And to explain that, please allow me a little league history...

Way back when the RSL was first getting going, we created a few foreign leagues to help us manage two things. Primarily, they were needed to handle the overflow of quad-A, fringe-level talents who kept retiring after going unsigned as free agents for a year. I decided a few foreign leagues who could sign these free agents and give them a place to play would be better than watching them retire, and then these players could re-enter the FA pool later too. The foreign leagues also acted as a quasi-feeder league, a way I could bring over exotic foreign Free Agents who (because we are a potential only league) had some league stats history behind them to allow GMs to better judge their readiness for the bigs.

The foreign leagues were a success as far as these two points were concerned. For a while. But as the OOTP versions got more complex with roster management, Free Agent AI, and other league functions, the foreign leagues became less and less important, and became ignored by most league members.

Eventually, the foreign leagues fell into disrepair, with some annoying roster bugs running rampant. We decided it was probably time to remove the foreign leagues as they had served their purpose. But instead of deleting the leagues and dumping all the players into the FA pool we took it as an opportunity to do a large expansion of the RSL itself. By combining the foreign league players into two teams per league, we were able to go from 24 RSL teams to 30 RSL teams. This was probably the only chance we'd ever get to so painlessly expand the league (we went through ACTUAL painful expansion drafts long ago in the league's history) so I decided to seize it.

So there you go. This year, on top of the two long time RSL teams that are open, I've also got SIX sort-of expansion teams available. I won't go into the specifics of each team here (mostly because there isn't much history or specifics, they're expansion teams!) suffice to say I would judge these teams to be about 'average' in terms of roster/prospect talent. Not your typical expansion teams, but not ready to win a championship out of the box either.

The teams:
Portland
Las Vegas
Kansas City
Havana
New York
Santiago

So there it is, I've got EIGHT spots open for anybody looking to join a league that's been around a long time and plans to be around a lot longer.

If you're interested in joining up, you can reply here, drop me a PM, or shoot me an email at GMYale@gmail.com

Hope to hear from a few of you soon!
Old 06-06-2016, 10:54 AM   #2
Buane
Minors (Double A)

Still a few spots remaining for anyone else who might be interested!
Old 06-08-2016, 02:16 AM   #3
nolushhere
Minors (Triple A)

What teams are left I'm interested
nolushhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:40 AM   #4
Buane
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolushhere View Post
What teams are left I'm interested
Five spots have been filled, we've got Kansas City, Santiago, and the NY Giants still open and available.
Old 06-14-2016, 04:14 PM   #5
Buane
Minors (Double A)

Seven spots have been filled, and we're a couple weeks into the Offseason...but the New York Giants remain unclaimed! One spot left if anybody is interested! Get it while it's hot.
Old 06-14-2016, 10:27 PM   #6
USF
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buane View Post
Seven spots have been filled, and we're a couple weeks into the Offseason...but the New York Giants remain unclaimed! One spot left if anybody is interested! Get it while it's hot.
What happen to Webb on PHX
USF is offline   Reply With Quote