Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 17 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 05-21-2016, 08:49 AM   #1
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

League of WAR moving to 17

We have just finished our 5th season. I sim every morning (early Eastern time) 1 week of game time.

This is a very unique set up based upon random arrival of historical players.

It is also very easy to be involved (no sim or post requirements, no minors and very simple roster limits which promote lots of free agents.

The player pool.

The top 500 players in each position based upon their career WAR values. Players arrive in packages of 5 players. Each package is balanced in its WAR value and in it's player salary requirements. The draft is one round where you select a package of players.

The league

It is 16 teams. You can name your team anything you want and you can play in any ML historical ballpark. There are 2 divisions of 8 and the top 4 in each division quality for the playoffs. Ticket prices and park sizes are the same ( will will adjust your historical park to be the same size)

The players

Player ratings are shown and are based upon a 1-year re-calc (e.g. you know what you are getting). The reserve clause rules are used, so you see each player's 1 year salary to compare against value. There are no extensions allowed. You are allowed to release players once their new salary is known without any cost to you.

The roster

Once the season ends and the financial rollover occurs every team must reduce to a 25-man roster (there is no expense incurred and you can have less than 24). This ensures a good free agent pool. You the draft a 5 player package (which shows the salaries). During the off-season, you can sign players and release players (no expense on the release) EXCEPT you are not allowed to release newly drafted players. New drafted players must stay on the roster all season. At spring training you must be at 30 players (or less). From then to end of season you can add and subtract players (expenses DO occur in this window) at your discretion.

Other

There is no cash max, salary cap or revenue sharing. You keep the money you earn. Finances are fairly tight so long excess spending is unlikely.

We have several openings. We are currently at the release player stage and then the package draft. So now is the time to select a team and make it yours.

The web pages are here
Home

The following teams are open
California
Jamestown
San Jose
Savanah

contact me at
wtatteberry at att.net
Commish of the On-Line Dynasty League
SIMBL2 - Westbury Cannons
Great Lakes Baseball - Toledo Neptunes
World Baseball - Guantanamo Marines
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds

Last edited by Bristolduke; 07-25-2016 at 02:07 PM.
Bristolduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 11:18 PM   #2
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

Unique concept and rules make for a league that is fun and challenging, but come join us and join the madness of WAR

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2016, 11:41 PM   #3
Judahdor
Bat Boy

I'd like to join. Shoot me a PM?
Judahdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 01:38 PM   #4
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

Maui taken. Still 6 clubs left.
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Old 05-22-2016, 10:50 PM   #5
Eddie Paxil
Major Leagues

I'm an inaugural member of this league. It is very unique. The draft package format allows teams to get value wherever they pick in the draft. This is helpful because this is the type of league where you can go from 6th to 2nd and vice versa from one year to the next.

The other important thing for me is that it is very easy to participate in. I'm in 4 leagues total, including one that I run. I was hesitant to add a 4th, but really wanted to be in a random debut league as I was in one some years back that I really enjoyed. This league is perfect for someone who is very busy.

OOTP since 2007
Commissioner of the OMLB
GM of the OMLB New Jersey Pioneers

Commissioner of the NBBU
GM of theNBBU Hoboken Knickerbockers
Follow the NBBU Dynasty Thread Here.
Eddie Paxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 07:17 AM   #6
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

We have 5 openings. Currently in the off season, so lots of Free Agents available.
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Old 07-25-2016, 02:09 PM   #7
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

We have 4 openings as we begin our 7th season. The first year player package draft is next up. A good time to join.
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds