Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods

Old 03-09-2009, 06:36 PM   #141
American_Ernesider
Major Leagues

It's taken far too long, but I'm back to playing TBCB again! Our older computer had more issues, but we've upgraded to a much better/faster model.

I revisited this thread as soon as I put the game on this computer. I'm working on a new league and the first snag I've hit is the "Venues" attachment to your file. It looks like the link isn't working, and I really like the idea of having the fighters fight in their region, but in random locations.

Do you happen to know if this is still available?
American_Ernesider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:14 AM   #142
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by American_Ernesider View Post
It's taken far too long, but I'm back to playing TBCB again! Our older computer had more issues, but we've upgraded to a much better/faster model.

I revisited this thread as soon as I put the game on this computer. I'm working on a new league and the first snag I've hit is the "Venues" attachment to your file. It looks like the link isn't working, and I really like the idea of having the fighters fight in their region, but in random locations.

Do you happen to know if this is still available?
Nuts - that is long gone. It was a TBCB 2.0 file and I never converted it to 2.5 and the download was late corrupted so I removed it.

Did anyone else ever convert that to 2.5?
Old 03-11-2009, 08:18 PM   #143
American_Ernesider
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONN CHRIS View Post
Nuts - that is long gone. It was a TBCB 2.0 file and I never converted it to 2.5 and the download was late corrupted so I removed it.

Did anyone else ever convert that to 2.5?
Maybe the question I should be asking then, is what are you (or anyone else) currently doing? Do you still have a massive universe? How are you making it all work?

Thanks again!
American_Ernesider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:55 AM   #144
Kobeck
Major Leagues

what an excellent read. These forums are allowing me to actually enjoy this excellent game, not again but for the first time.

Starting a reletavely intimate universe but these ideas are awsome.

Thanks too all.
Kobeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:04 AM   #145
Chadness
Minors (Double A)

I'm setting up a similar Uni. I have groups based on careers, though. 'Journeymen', 'Hyped', 'Cinderella' and so on. I am barely working on creating a bit of history similar to you so I haven't used my groups yet. The idea is to easily match fighters realistically. For instance, in a given month I can schedule any 10-20 'Prospects' vs 'Journeymen' fights for each weight class. Or maybe my dominant world champion wants an easy payday - autoschedule from a pool of 'Comebacking' fighters! To me that's what makes boxing awesome - the perfect career crossroads fights.

In a separate Uni I will hold amateur boxing (rules altered to just be 4 round pro bouts with 10 point must and such.) and the best way to describe that is autoscheduled mayhem. Fighters fight however much they are scheduled in mass numbers. Every four years, fighters will turn pro. Their amateur credentials determine how their pro career begins. All amateurs except 'Retired' will revert back one career stage. For instance, a 'post prime' amateur will box professionally debuting in their prime. Short career, but they'll be overwhelmingly talented for rookies. Retired amateurs will be considered guys that for one reason or another never went pro. The amateurs that suck will continue to box as amateurs into their 40's.
Chadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 06:46 PM   #146
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Thanks, Chris for all the hard work you put into this thread. Some really great ideas. I'm planning a new universe and reading this and Mike's thread make for good preparations.

In my first uni I used Groups to segregate historical boxers by Eras so I could easily import new guys as time went by. I think you said something about that in here. My short-term memory flashes on and off so I'll need to go back through the thread.

Right now I'm going through my original universe in Version 2.0 prepping fighters prior to importing them into version 2.5. Seems that most of them were imported from TB 1. I'm creating new fighters I had added to version 3.0 because you obviously can't transfer backwards. There are about 150 heavyweights to create again, mostly members of the pork 'n bean brigade. Then I guess I have to add missing corner-men as well. At current rate I should be collecting my OAS supplement cheque by the time I'm done.

Please remind me about the auto-aging parameters. If you have promote to Pre-Prime after 5 to 10 fights and Promote to Prime after 10 to 15 fights does that mean a total of 15 to 25 fights to get to Prime?

Cap

Last edited by Cap; 04-06-2016 at 06:47 PM.
Cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 07:01 AM   #147
Chillidog
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
1) Initial set up

- New database

To start with, I did as Mike suggested in his universe creation thread:

A) Since I was building a universe from the ground up, I deleted all but one fighter. I found out the hard way that if you delete all the fighters in a database, you cannot add any new ones leaving you with a dead, useless database. After putting the initial fighters into the new data base, the one left from earlier can also be deleted.

B) Populating the new database:

I began with approximately 2,500 stiffs (tomato cans) all with country of origin, birth year and career start year set to match what I wanted (I started in 1897). I did this by utilizing the tomato can template at cornerwork. But if anyone else wants to start a project like this now they can grab the zip files located in the following thread and pull in 3,000 + stiffs all set to begin in 1903.

Parade of stiffs - OOTP Developments Forums

Unzip the the files and extract to a temporary folder that you create. Within the game select 'import fighters' browse to the folder and highlight all of them. Select yes to 'import duplicates' and 'no' to the over-right question. These will pop up because many of the stiffs are just copies of each other with different names that the game sees as duplicates.

Once imported, I'll steal Mike's comment about setting up the database further:

Up next (later today):

- Regions, countries and venues
- Use of Groups function
- Building a base of experienced stiffs
- Aging
how do you keep separate the "Tomato Cans" from actual fighters that will comprise the "Universe"?

I am new to this game and trying to create my first universe and really struggling with it
Chillidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:19 PM   #148
bear
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillidog View Post
how do you keep separate the "Tomato Cans" from actual fighters that will comprise the "Universe"?

I am new to this game and trying to create my first universe and really struggling with it
Create a group "Tomato Cans" and put them into it.

You can than use my historical TCs if you want to use real people or, as an alternative use the use the auto generator to create a ton of cannon fodder record padding 0 rated guys

Naming groups for various purposes and using the mass editor is a real quick way to make changes.

UTBA Season Four Gold Conference Central Division Champion

First UTBA expansion franchise to win a conference divisional title
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 09:30 PM   #149
Chillidog
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear View Post
Create a group "Tomato Cans" and put them into it.

You can than use my historical TCs if you want to use real people or, as an alternative use the use the auto generator to create a ton of cannon fodder record padding 0 rated guys

Naming groups for various purposes and using the mass editor is a real quick way to make changes.
Bear, I have imported your "TC's" from another "sticky" thread. Unfortunately I have had my Universe either crash and burn, to where I try opening this saved game and it immediately crashes the game or when re-doing things (3 times now) fighters have gone missing, or changed weight classes and/or their rating have suddenly changed drastically.

I have looked for a reason/solution on this forum, the best I can come up with is the cause is in the "options page" where clicking on "CS Adj" is the issue. So to save time, as my initial building and subsequent re-building of my universe took around 1 week of non-stop effort (each time). I have for this most recent build just used "auto-generate" for the TC's.

I actually want to use your TC's some of which where to be used as "Actual" fighters and NOT TC's due to being decent journeyman fighters, but for now I need to sort out the stability issues (aka learn what I am doing/not doing that is causing me these difficulties, where others seem to have a stable environment)

Last edited by Chillidog; 05-31-2016 at 09:32 PM.
Chillidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:07 AM   #150
Sounds
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Starting Again...

Quote:
I hadn't posted it because I wanted to edit and clean it up but let's face it - I'm never going to get to it.

Here it is in all its ugliness. I added the last bit about maintenance that I hadn't gotten to here on the board but other than that it is 22 page cut-and-paste document in need of editing. Make that badly in need of editing.

Christopher

Edit:

By the way, if someone out there actualy wants to edit it and make it a nice purty document I'd be all for it. I'd even answer any emails in the process of cleaning it up if that would help. I am not sure how clear or worthwhile it is in present form.

Hi Chris,

I started off a universe using your rules and guidelines a few years ago I know you mentioned that you were not sure what use it was in the form you uploaded, well it read and worked absolutely flawlessly for me.

Unfortunately for work and family reasons I had little time to continue my game.

I do however now have the new version of TBCB and am going to start again rather than importing my old game and was wondering before I started if you'd updated/amended this document at all.

Thanks in advance for your answer and for your previous work on this document.

Charles
Sounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:54 AM   #151
PacMan1819
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillidog View Post
but for now I need to sort out the stability issues (aka learn what I am doing/not doing that is causing me these difficulties, where others seem to have a stable environment)
I don't think this is true... anyone running the new version (Title Bout Championship Boxing 2013) as far as I understand are plagued with frequent and random crashes as well as the other problems you mentioned, myself included.

Those who do not have issues are running Title Bout 2.5 and are fortunate enough to have purchased a copy of that while it was still available.

Cheers.
PacMan1819 is offline   Reply With Quote