Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Inside the Park Baseball > ITP General Discussions

ITP General Discussions Talk about the new Inside the Park Baseball!

Old 01-16-2013, 06:15 AM   #1
Icy
All Star Reserve

WOW 10 years already??

Wow, I just checked this board (as i do once in a while with hope) and i see that ITP was released in 2003, 10 years ago! Time flies, i remember playing it non stop when it was released, ****, i feel so old now.

It was a truly pioneer game, way before MLB "Road to the show", NHL/FIFA "Be a pro" and NBA2k "My player" modes were released.

Markus, you should try to find the time to work on a new version or just as an RPG mode added to OOTP where we take over a player career instead of a GM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:41 AM   #2
Jabez54
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs up

I still play this marvelous Game in between seasons ... Still have different results everytime ... with this, along with Total Pro Golf ... both of these Games are truly a Gem ... a rare find of combo ... Pure, Simplicity and FUN ... 10 years ... glad to know there are others who still love this Game ...
Old 01-20-2013, 05:33 PM   #3
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

I sort of hope that they can work this into the full game one day. I always enjoyed controlling a players career. Not so much micromanaging his training though or playing out games which is why i eventually shyed away from this game. But hiring agents, deciding where my player plays and how to spend his attributes on a yearly basis are all things i'm very much interested in then simulating the rest. Nothings better then seeing your player go to free agency and selecting from a large list of teams offers. Sad we can't do that exactly in ootp. Would love to be a GM of one team and then control a player in that same world.

One day.

Last edited by dave1927p; 01-20-2013 at 05:41 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:39 AM   #4
krmarks
Hall Of Famer

I miss this game...I wish it was available as a tablet game too. I would even like if it was an add-on to OOTP that you had to pay to unlock.
krmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #5
edm
All Star Starter

Yeah it's crazy it's been 10 years. I remember all the hype around the game before it was released. Seems like yesterday. I also can't believe it's been since 2006-07 that everything went down with sports interactive. Time really does fly.
edm is offline   Reply With Quote